Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
JRR Tolkien and the worlds fantacists lost CS Lewis AND . . .

elf_wannabee
Lorien

Nov 22 2013, 6:01am

Views: 69
Shortcut
JRR Tolkien and the worlds fantacists lost CS Lewis AND . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Aldous Huxley on 11/22/1963 also! That being said--I learned of JFK's shooting while standing in line for lunch at school. I was told this by the class clown so I initially poopooed this news. I was in the sixth grade being one of the youngest in my class at Hartford Elementary School in Chandler, Arizona. I was still 11. After lunch we returned to class with the loud speaker tuned to the radio, When Walter Cronkite gave those fateful words that President Kennedy was dead, the principal told the teachers to dismiss class early and told the students to await word of plans for attending class next week. Most of my classmates were either shocked or in tears. I admit I was one of the few boys who did cry. BUT my parents were true red republicans who voted for Nixon, When I got home, my mother was in tears but told me that classes for next week were cancelled and were to made up later. So we got the entire week off for school because of mourning for JFK and that solemn Thanksgiving! I will never forget that weekend!! It's seered into my memory! I watched TV that entire weekend up to and including the burial. I remembered all the international dignitaries that attended the funeral. Too bad the loss of Lewis and Huxley was lost in that weekend! So goes the remembrance of that terrible weekend! Fifty years goes by quickly!

Subject User Time
It's the Kennedy anniversary reading thread Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 19 2013, 3:22pm
    That reminds me... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Nov 19 2013, 5:25pm
        The Kennedy family... Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 20 2013, 3:32pm
    Dumbledore is Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Nov 19 2013, 5:51pm
        Dumbledore's funeral elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Nov 20 2013, 12:18am
        Yeah, that's a difficult scene Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 20 2013, 3:33pm
    I was born between the Kennedy assassinations. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Nov 19 2013, 6:13pm
        You ARE a lass, then! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 20 2013, 3:34pm
    11/22/63 Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Nov 19 2013, 8:32pm
        I found that book really interesting Kim Send a private message to Kim Nov 19 2013, 8:56pm
        I've heard good reviews of that book Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 20 2013, 3:35pm
        I loved that book Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 21 2013, 8:46pm
        thoughts from last year... batik Send a private message to batik Nov 23 2013, 8:28pm
            That's quite a recommendation, yes! // Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 23 2013, 9:52pm
    "Dust" Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Nov 19 2013, 11:29pm
        *smiles at the Gollum joke* Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 20 2013, 3:37pm
    I've gotten a little bogged down on the Charles Williams reading. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 21 2013, 8:56pm
        Interesting Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 22 2013, 4:04pm
    JRR Tolkien and the worlds fantacists lost CS Lewis AND . . . elf_wannabee Send a private message to elf_wannabee Nov 22 2013, 6:01am
        And that weekend saw the premiere of Dr. Who Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 22 2013, 4:05pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.