Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Star Wars Original Trilogy Character Elimination Game-Semi-final! Vote for your *three LEAST favourites*
Poll: Star Wars Original Trilogy Character Elimination Game-Semi-final! Vote for your *three LEAST favourites*
Han Solo
Darth Vader
R2-D2
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Yoda
View Results (108 votes)

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Nov 18 2013, 7:14pm

Post #1 of 10 (265 views)
Shortcut
Star Wars Original Trilogy Character Elimination Game-Semi-final! Vote for your *three LEAST favourites* Can't Post

Last time round C-3PO, Palpatine, Chewbacca, Leia and Luke were all kicked out...only two will make it to next week's final round...who will you choose to get rid of?

I'll start by voting against R2, Han Solo and Darth Vader.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 19 2013, 4:10am

Post #2 of 10 (168 views)
Shortcut
Han, Ben, & R2 // [In reply to] Can't Post

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 19 2013, 2:09pm

Post #3 of 10 (166 views)
Shortcut
And the winner will be [In reply to] Can't Post

Kenobi, I'd wager. You should do a Tolkien character one of these. I'm use to the number score per 1hr or 24 hr elimination game..never thought of it being done by poll before. I like it.

Chopsta123
Gondor

Nov 20 2013, 11:29pm

Post #4 of 10 (145 views)
Shortcut
Uh... [In reply to] Can't Post

you mean that type of game that I started last year which amassed over 1200 posts in one thread and almost broke the forum? :D

(sorry again to any Mods reading this who had to fix that issue, btw Evil)

Using Polls for this is a genious move, Radagast!

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 21 2013, 3:47pm

Post #5 of 10 (114 views)
Shortcut
Yes it is [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
you mean that type of game that I started last year which amassed over 1200 posts in one thread and almost broke the forum? :D

(sorry again to any Mods reading this who had to fix that issue, btw Evil)

Using Polls for this is a genious move, Radagast!

It's fast and to the point.

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 21 2013, 3:49pm

Post #6 of 10 (117 views)
Shortcut
I found an old game thread not long ago [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

!

Was that the one where Legolas came out as the winner? If so then it's high time we play another one. Legolas as the number one character in all of Middle Earth just does not sit well with me, lol.

Chopsta123
Gondor

Nov 21 2013, 7:32pm

Post #7 of 10 (123 views)
Shortcut
That might have been a different game. [In reply to] Can't Post

The game I started was a Character Elimination Game around the Hobbit in which Bilbo won. Gandalf close 2nd.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 21 2013, 10:03pm

Post #8 of 10 (185 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I'm not sure [In reply to] Can't Post

your game is findable anymore, after what we had to do to it to "unbreak" the boards. Fragments might possibly still exist...

Look at it as a sort of beta-testing. We'd never had a thread with over 1000 replies before, and we learned a lot. TongueLaugh

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Nov 23 2013, 7:06pm

Post #9 of 10 (97 views)
Shortcut
Me neither [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of the votes for Legolas were due to fangirls no doubt-if another version is done then hopefully somebody more worthy will win for their personal qualities rather than their looks (e.g. Gandalf, Aragorn or Bilbo). Wink

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Nov 24 2013, 12:01am

Post #10 of 10 (104 views)
Shortcut
I'd take Mortensen as Aragorn over Bloom as Legolas any day...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.