Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Major spoiler confirmed!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Ceres_the_Dwarf_(planet)
The Shire

Nov 17 2013, 10:01pm

Post #26 of 32 (368 views)
Shortcut
Here's another interview with Manu Bennett.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...this one from Empire Magazine:

http://www.empireonline.com/...terview.asp?IID=1660

Amongst other revelations, we discover that Azog's warg is named Daisy (awwwww!)

BTW, the picture in the article of Azog from the Moria battle looks just like something out of a videogame cut-scene. Meanwhile, these bad boys...

http://www-images.theonering.org/...ads/2013/11/Orcs.jpg

...look about a 100 times better. To those who disagree, I can only say, there truly is no accounting for taste!

dave_lf
Gondor

Nov 17 2013, 10:11pm

Post #27 of 32 (347 views)
Shortcut
Confirms Bolg is in DoS [In reply to] Can't Post

and that at least one part of his appearance is unchanged:

I saw a Lego set for the scene with the tree and the flaming pine cones, and it had a little toy of Bolg (Azog's ginger-bearded son, who will appear in The Desolation Of Smaug and There And Back Again), not Azog.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2013, 10:17pm

Post #28 of 32 (340 views)
Shortcut
I suspect Manu's misremembering here... [In reply to] Can't Post

This set was released last year, and it came with the original John Rawlsog, the design which became Terry Notary's Yazneg (Tezneg)?

Bolg was released as a BD toy, however.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

deskp
Lorien

Nov 17 2013, 11:02pm

Post #29 of 32 (290 views)
Shortcut
eh [In reply to] Can't Post

that interview is old and outdated, the interview from 2 months ago is much better.

As for the lego talk I imagine Manu never saw the designs going on for all the early azogs/bolgs/yaznegs, He just knew it wasn't him and assumed it was Bolg. It was the journalist who added the description of Bolg from the photos we've seen.

BlackCountry
Rivendell

Nov 18 2013, 3:25am

Post #30 of 32 (221 views)
Shortcut
Oddly enough.... [In reply to] Can't Post

As much as I'd like to claim Manu Bennett as being Kiwi, Sir PJ did mention in the Commentary that while he is NZ born, he has very much grown up in Australia and actually considered him as such. Much like Russell Crowe even. And I even find it ironic after all the years that Crowe has lived in Australia since the age of 4, that he had recently been denied Australian Citizenship - and continues to this day!!! :p

I do not want what it is not mine.... I only want what comes from within....

Lio
Lorien

Nov 18 2013, 3:33am

Post #31 of 32 (230 views)
Shortcut
On second thought [In reply to] Can't Post

This is just you pulling our collective leg, isn't it? Wink

That's too bad, I thought it would have added an interesting little twist to the story. But I really don't see the filmmakers putting something like this in, even as a backstory detail that never makes it into the movies (like the deaths of Tauriel's parents).

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

"Don't laugh at the Dwarves because they will mess you up." Dean O'Gorman (Fili)

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

Ffnir
Rohan

Nov 18 2013, 8:05pm

Post #32 of 32 (141 views)
Shortcut
I don't buy it... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's just some kind of joke or a backstory the actors have invented to get into their character - like the "Oin let gimli slip when he was born" - and I think it's higly improbable that they will introduce the first she-orc, spouse or mother of two other major orcs (which is sexist, why should the first woman of that specie fulfill the traditionnal role of the woman in western societies ?) just in order to make THE character that we should hate the most more sympethetic ? It simply can't be true

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.