The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Mikael Persbrandt tough workout video

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2013, 1:00am

Post #1 of 5 (1542 views)
Shortcut
Mikael Persbrandt tough workout video Can't Post

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere but apologies if it has.

The video is dated 2011 so it's been awhile but I thought it was kind of cool watching the intensity that he was putting into his training. I don't speak his language so I have no idea what is being said…

I can see that our Beorn is going to be one intense character judging by the intensity that Persbrandt is showing here. Since we've seen our Dwarves and Hobbit go through strenuous workouts in New Zealand, I thought this was kind of intriguing.

Methinks he can play our man-bear.

Pretty intense… check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=s_aJfA_4cwQ#t=55

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

(This post was edited by Owain on Nov 16 2013, 1:02am)

DuBekar
Rivendell

Nov 16 2013, 1:22am

Post #2 of 5 (1304 views)
Shortcut
Not working out for The hobbit though. [In reply to] Can't Post

This clip is from a Swedish news programme where they show his workout for the swedish film Hamilton where he plays an swedish agent :) even though i can guess he had the same type of training for Beorn :)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2013, 1:37am

Post #3 of 5 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Yeah I gathered that it wasn't for The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

But the timeframe was in the same period.

I think I was more noticing the level of intensity to what he was doing.

It would be no stretch to say that he is probably the most fit of anyone in the group.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2013, 5:57am

Post #4 of 5 (1226 views)
Shortcut
P90X?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2013, 5:59am

Post #5 of 5 (1226 views)
Shortcut
Kickboxing I think.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.