The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Boromir VS Farmir

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 9:24am

Post #1 of 6 (913 views)
Shortcut
Boromir VS Farmir Can't Post

One on one combat with a sword on the tip of Minas Tirith. Winner must throw the other brother off the edge to his doom.

RULE 1: Neither is backing down, or throwing in the towel.

RULE 2: No outsider can help

RULE 3: There can be only one.

Lightfoot
Rivendell

Nov 16 2013, 2:05pm

Post #2 of 6 (792 views)
Shortcut
Boromir [In reply to] Can't Post

#1 He is stronger
#2 He is more skilled with a sword
#3 He is older
#4 Faramir would probably try to loose so as to save his brother- despite the rules

Faithful servant yet master's bane,
Lightfoot's foal, swift Snowmane

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Nov 16 2013, 10:49pm

Post #3 of 6 (789 views)
Shortcut
Boromir [In reply to] Can't Post

He was more willing to do anything necessary to win. He wanted to use the Ring to save Gondor, whereas (in the book) Faramir was not tempted by its power. I think Boromir would go farther in a battle like this, while Faramir would seek another way to resolve the conflict.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Nov 17 2013, 4:05am

Post #4 of 6 (833 views)
Shortcut
Noooo! I don't want them to fight! [In reply to] Can't Post

Realistically, though, if they were somehow memory-wiped and mind-controlled into fighting, Boromir would likely win. He's more willing to go to extremes. He's bigger, older, more experienced.

...Although I want to vote for Faramir, since his name was misspelled in the thread title. Tongue

My guess is that Denethor is somewhere nearby, watching and eating popcorn... Laugh If Faramir wins, he will throw himself off the wall as well to join his beloved elder son in death. Might as well have popcorn first.

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 18 2013, 11:19am

Post #5 of 6 (796 views)
Shortcut
Oops [In reply to] Can't Post

His name is misspelled. Sounds like farmer! Yeah, I'd go with Boromir too though.

TallHobbit5117

Dec 19 2013, 11:42pm

Post #6 of 6 (776 views)
Shortcut
Faramir [In reply to] Can't Post

I would go with Faramir myself, i think he would be faster and more clever then Boromir. Its not all about brute strength in a fight.

Check out our short film Tolkien's Road!!

https://www.facebook.com/TolkiensRoad?notif_t=page_new_likes

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.