Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
the two film split

Barrow-Wight
Lorien

Nov 13 2013, 2:28am

Views: 1125
Shortcut
the two film split Can't Post

probably obvious and already guessed but When the trilogy was orginally a duology, An Unexpected dJourney actually ended at Barrels out of bond, but as we know it's been changed so now we have a whole year to see how the story ends or we could just pick up the book lol anyway watching the trailers for Dsolation Of Smaug you can see the actual ending for AUJ in there this is how I think it went

Exciting barrel chase through the river with orcs and elves attacking one another and the dwarves, leading to some big fight where the elves get distracted by the orcs and lose track of the dwarves.

after the orcs are defeated Legolas and Tauriel try to keep up the chase for the dwarves and come to the big rock that we see in the trailers and watch the dwarves float on towards Distant Lake-Town, they have the conversation we hear in the trailers "It's not our fight" "are we not part of this world? it is our fight"

wide shot of Legolas/Tauriel watching the barrels float down the river with Lake-Town in the distance then a close up of unconsious Bilbo on a barrel he wakes up and catches first sight of the Lonely Mountain and is awestruck. Camera pans up towards the mountain over the desolation of Smaug and into Erebor where the thrush cracks the snail on the rocks the sound echoes into the chamber and Smaug's eye springs open then cut to black just like we saw in AUJ

that is how it would have ended had the films stayed as two, so now that the ending of the first film has been moved to the middle of the second film perhaps the action shots in this scene will be cut down as it is now longer a climactic battle? any thoughts

Subject User Time
the two film split Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Nov 13 2013, 2:28am
    At first FoundEntwife Send a private message to FoundEntwife Nov 13 2013, 3:44am
    I can't imagine how the first movie would've been lurtz2010 Send a private message to lurtz2010 Nov 13 2013, 5:54am
    I have no issue with the trilogy decision MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Nov 13 2013, 6:58am
        Perhaps because several armies are converging on the mountain... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 13 2013, 8:17am
            Save the best for last! Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Nov 13 2013, 11:48am
        Smaug won't die... Lost Hobbit Send a private message to Lost Hobbit Nov 13 2013, 9:29am
            I'm not referring to myself btw I'm referring to the general viewing.. MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Nov 13 2013, 9:36am
                Maybe... Defender of Nogrod Send a private message to Defender of Nogrod Nov 13 2013, 11:53am
    I'm fine with the three films, sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Nov 13 2013, 9:45am
    Speculation on speculation Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Nov 13 2013, 9:51am
    More interesting! Fleuz Send a private message to Fleuz Nov 13 2013, 10:25am
        Yes, those were the Miramax days. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 13 2013, 11:20am
            LOTR could definitely have worked as two 3 hour movies sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Nov 13 2013, 4:58pm
                I disagree... ecthelionsbeard Send a private message to ecthelionsbeard Nov 13 2013, 5:08pm
                    Atleast Faleel Send a private message to Faleel Nov 13 2013, 5:51pm
                I actually think... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 13 2013, 6:07pm
    Yes, it will be different from what was originally intended Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Nov 13 2013, 11:51am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.