The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
One month from today!

Kim
Valinor

Nov 12 2013, 9:38pm

Post #1 of 24 (657 views)
Shortcut
One month from today! Can't Post

We'll be lining up for the midnight show! Woohoo!

Melkor94
The Shire

Nov 12 2013, 9:46pm

Post #2 of 24 (430 views)
Shortcut
So much anticipation! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is going to be one VERY long month!

Kim
Valinor

Nov 12 2013, 9:50pm

Post #3 of 24 (414 views)
Shortcut
Well, I figure [In reply to] Can't Post

if we made it through the last 11 months, we can make it through one more!

Welcome to TORn! Smile

Skaan
Lorien

Nov 12 2013, 9:58pm

Post #4 of 24 (398 views)
Shortcut
I don't know about that [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet this last month will feel longer than the previous 11 months combinedTongue

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 12 2013, 10:00pm

Post #5 of 24 (410 views)
Shortcut
OMG [In reply to] Can't Post

It is really weird getting so super excited for this one. I really was disappointed very much with AUJ at first, now I can see, that it still is a good movie.

But I hope and fully expect for DOS to become better. Everything we have seen seems to indicate that.

But at the same time I have a horrible fear that this might also turn out to be either mediocre or just "good".

I want it be MAGNIFICENT so all of the people who were diappointed with AUJ like myself can restore their faith in Peter Jackson.

And those especially some critics who just bashed AUJ for seemingly no reason and far too harshly will then finally just STFU.

(This post was edited by Nagini6 on Nov 12 2013, 10:02pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 12 2013, 10:04pm

Post #6 of 24 (375 views)
Shortcut
Savoring it [In reply to] Can't Post

Am actually enjoying the anticipation thanks to all the recent goodies that fill the days re DOS. Mostly I think can't believe it's a month to go, I remember
back in early summer w. no real news, seemed liked the huge wasted lands around Mordor, not even a little vblog or interview, and getting excited over
some random poor quality leaked image - was pitiful, really.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 12 2013, 11:31pm

Post #7 of 24 (340 views)
Shortcut
The sets alone are something to look forward to [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe the wonderful sets they made for Lake-town and Beorn's house, for example. Huge sets and loads of beautifully made, hand-crafted objects…

And for Smaug's hoard, they actually created all the coins and the cups and other objects – many of the latter are plated with gold and set with stones to make them look as authentic as possible.

The visuals (for me) are really something to look forward to. I think AUJ is a visual feast, and absolutely love the Eagles scene, the interior of Bag End and many other scenes.

The visuals, along with some great casting and acting, and what will no doubt be an absorbing storyline, make for lots to look forward to as far as I'm concerned.

Kim
Valinor

Nov 13 2013, 12:21am

Post #8 of 24 (316 views)
Shortcut
Visual feast [In reply to] Can't Post

Great way to put it! In addition to the story and great acting, I love the look of AUJ and am really looking forward to exploring all the new locations in DOS (in detail, over many viewings, for several months). Smile

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 13 2013, 1:05am

Post #9 of 24 (296 views)
Shortcut
*raises glass* Yay! // [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmile

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 2:02am

Post #10 of 24 (285 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not lining up for a show. I'm driving 45 minutes away to a vacant dead theater so I won't have to wait in line and I can go in and watch it in a dead theater. Not many people go to theater for Tolkien in a senior citizen town.

I win.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2013, 2:03am

Post #11 of 24 (277 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo Indeed!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 2:05am

Post #12 of 24 (282 views)
Shortcut
I [In reply to] Can't Post

Only waited for a premier midnight showing once in my life and that was for RoTK or TTT and it was a horrible experience. People started lining up at 3 am the day before and a lot of people fought other people for holding other people's place in line, and got extremely angry. It was not good drama. I'll never do that again.

starlesswinter
Lorien

Nov 13 2013, 3:33am

Post #13 of 24 (272 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

DOS has all new visuals, not repeats of LOTR, which should be a big plus.

patrickk
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 6:52am

Post #14 of 24 (247 views)
Shortcut
Clearly some places do not have online booking and online seat selection - PITY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 13 2013, 7:59am

Post #15 of 24 (251 views)
Shortcut
Where has this year gone? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's flown by. This time next month we'll be arguing over Tauriel's lines, Azog's appearances, Radagast's bunnies, Gandalf being trapped in Dol Guldur, why Legolas has such blue eyes, how hot Thorin is, how similar Alfrid is to Grima, why Steven Fry was cast, and how amazing Cumberbatch is.

Unimpressed

Endor Dweller
Bree

Nov 13 2013, 8:18am

Post #16 of 24 (241 views)
Shortcut
Oh, yes [In reply to] Can't Post

And Beorn's hairdo Laugh and the score!

I can't wait
Smile

- Good morning.
- What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning...or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?

- Good evening.
- Yes, yes it is. Though I think it might rain later.

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 13 2013, 3:37pm

Post #17 of 24 (193 views)
Shortcut
Ditto [In reply to] Can't Post

Tho I may have to get another remote for my BR player, wearing out the buttons rewinding and replaying and pausing scenes just to stare.

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 13 2013, 5:07pm

Post #18 of 24 (196 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

After staring at a picture of Thorin in one of my new DOS books, I'd submit that the hotness of Thorin cannot be argued - it's sinful that anyone can look that impossibly good in what looks like a ratty bathrobe
made from old towels (the tumble of dark hair, the eyes, the profile....... - thank you RA, PJ & co.). It's just what IS, like the sun coming up. And now there's Thranduil - can't wait for the confrontation scene
w. these stellar actors (w. the VOICES these guys have esp. RA) - been waiting a year for the scene. (Could argue that Fili and Kili definitely need more screen time, is it ever going to be mentioned
Thorin and Kili and Fili are related? And speaking of hot these two are lookin' fine - truly worthy princes of Erebor and it'd be nice if something is said to that effect.)

And who could argue the talents of MF and BC? And it looks like they toned down the neon of Legolas' contacts in trailer 1 - if PJ keeps running around "fixing things", there won't be anything to argue about.
(And how is PJ getting feedback, anyway?)

In any case I don't feel like time flew by, it felt more like being stuck in traffic for hours. And hours. And more hours. With no bathroom and I forgot to bring a coke with me. Like December would never get here,
and was so far away - so depressing every time I watched AUJ (wanna see them get down from the carrock!!!!)

PS. Is Gandalf trapped in Dol Guldur? I've wondered if he's looking INTO a cage, e.g., at Thrain. But maybe not if Thrain has attacked him.

Kim
Valinor

Nov 13 2013, 5:41pm

Post #19 of 24 (173 views)
Shortcut
Predictions [In reply to] Can't Post

Have to agree with Avandel - the hotness of Thorin is an absolute, there can be no argument Laugh

As for the rest, I'm sure it will all turn out fine! Yeah, OK, maybe a few discussions will spring up. Wink

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 13 2013, 6:35pm

Post #20 of 24 (157 views)
Shortcut
Time Flies When You're Having Fun [In reply to] Can't Post

That's what they say anyways. lol It has gone by quick and I look forward to seeing the movie and then hopefully some respectful/civilized discourse about the movie.

Na Vedui
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 7:22pm

Post #21 of 24 (143 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I did laugh! [In reply to] Can't Post

" it's sinful that anyone can look that impossibly good in what looks like a ratty bathrobe
made from old towels"

LOL, that totally cracked me up.

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 13 2013, 7:52pm

Post #22 of 24 (133 views)
Shortcut
*grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

it's good to be stunning......

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 13 2013, 7:56pm

Post #23 of 24 (134 views)
Shortcut
Like.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish DOS was longer, and the movie isn't even out yet! (But then I would have to bring twice as many paper bags re Thorin and his "bathrobe" LOL.....)

Leaf of Mirkwood
Bree

Nov 14 2013, 4:14am

Post #24 of 24 (125 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yaay one month to go...come on November move faster!!!

I am really looking forwards to seeing Beorn's home, Mirkwood/Thranduil's home, Laketown, squeee!! :D PJ does a really good job with the atmosphere of a place, can't wait to see how it's done in this movie!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.