Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit Super Ticket from Regal Cinemas

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2013, 7:53pm

Post #1 of 9 (456 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Super Ticket from Regal Cinemas Can't Post

FYI

Starting November 21, get your ticket to the Ultimate Hobbit Movie Experience

For an additional $20 above your regular movie ticket price to see the The Desolation of Smaug in theaters, you will:

Be the first to own the Digital HD Copy of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug... four days before anyone else!
Instantly receive the Standard Definition Digital Copy of the first film in the trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Be entered to win the ultimate fan trip to Middle-Earth courtesy of Air New Zealand

http://www.regmovies.com/...ns/hobbitsuperticket

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 12 2013, 8:04pm

Post #2 of 9 (242 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope AMC does something similar.

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2013, 9:45pm

Post #3 of 9 (173 views)
Shortcut
I guess it depends on fast one needs to get the film. [In reply to] Can't Post

To pay $20 extra for 4 days and a standard def version of of AUJ when I have the EE already and to register for a trip is just not worth it ...for me. Others may think otherwise.

Avandel
Valinor

Nov 12 2013, 10:10pm

Post #4 of 9 (166 views)
Shortcut
Sigh [In reply to] Can't Post

(So where's the Hobbit on the ad?) Thank you for the post tho, not sure about this - know I will desperately want DOS on disk, but already own AUJ, and 20$ is a lot just to enter a contest.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 7:17am

Post #5 of 9 (116 views)
Shortcut
Confusing, to say the least [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, the Theatrical version of AUJ has been out for a long while, and the EE has just come out the past week, so I guess this is for the people who didn't rush out and by the DVD/BluRay already.

And really, if you are going to pay an additional $20 for a movie ticket, give me a back to back marathon, it's more fun.

In Reply To
FYI

Starting November 21, get your ticket to the Ultimate Hobbit Movie Experience

For an additional $20 above your regular movie ticket price to see the The Desolation of Smaug in theaters, you will:

Be the first to own the Digital HD Copy of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug... four days before anyone else!
Instantly receive the Standard Definition Digital Copy of the first film in the trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Be entered to win the ultimate fan trip to Middle-Earth courtesy of Air New Zealand

http://www.regmovies.com/...ns/hobbitsuperticket

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 13 2013, 11:42am

Post #6 of 9 (91 views)
Shortcut
Rules? Bomby doesn't Care...Bomby Entered [In reply to] Can't Post

Bomby MUST land in New Zealand..
If Bomby has to
SWIM...Backstroke there?

It's a promise
Bomby made to Goldberry

(Goldberry's Last 2 words before closing
her eyes FOREVER?)

Whispered in Bomby's ears
..."New... Zealand"?

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Nov 13 2013, 2:12pm

Post #7 of 9 (77 views)
Shortcut
Kind of an odd contest [In reply to] Can't Post

$20 is pretty steep. Basically you're just getting a chance in a contest entry. I could see if it included some special bridge direct/weta piece (even a very small one) or something. But the TE of AUJ? Meh.

I will be there with bells on for the midnight showing and can't wait. But I'm getting 4 tickets for the IMAX midnight showing and to part with an additional $20 I need more than this.

I do hope they do a trilogy event for TABA. I will go to that for sure.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 13 2013, 8:15pm

Post #8 of 9 (43 views)
Shortcut
Agree about the ticket-thingy [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
$20 is pretty steep. Basically you're just getting a chance in a contest entry. I could see if it included some special bridge direct/weta piece (even a very small one) or something. But the TE of AUJ? Meh.

I will be there with bells on for the midnight showing and can't wait. But I'm getting 4 tickets for the IMAX midnight showing and to part with an additional $20 I need more than this.

I do hope they do a trilogy event for TABA. I will go to that for sure.

Though the trip is nice.

You and me both about the trilogy opening H-S!!! have been hoping for that since I heard these films were getting made! AngelicAngelicAngelic

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 13 2013, 8:15pm

Post #9 of 9 (47 views)
Shortcut
I hope YOU win Bomby! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.