Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit DOS footage shown at MTV EMEAs SPOILERS

chrism628
Bree

Nov 11 2013, 2:23am

Post #1 of 12 (1438 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit DOS footage shown at MTV EMEAs SPOILERS Can't Post

Just got a spoiled quick glimpse, about a minute or so of The Hobbit DOS. The scene was in the Thranduil's Halls and him speaking to the Orc about the King under the Mountain. Very cool scene and quite dark! Anyone else see this?

SPOLIERS below:

Here is what I recall:

Thranduil dismisses Tauriel from his halls as she became very angry with the Orc. Thranduil speaks to the Orc and he warns Thranduil that the race of elves will all be destroyed and that the One has returned. They all also came to some agreement that there is no King under the Mountain and there never will be?

(This post was edited by chrism628 on Nov 11 2013, 2:33am)

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Nov 11 2013, 2:33am

Post #2 of 12 (622 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully it comes online soon. [In reply to] Can't Post

Joe20
Lorien

Nov 11 2013, 2:45am

Post #3 of 12 (644 views)
Shortcut
That is one of the scenes that was shown during the 20 minutes at the live events. [In reply to] Can't Post

So i've already seen it Tongue But I'm surprised they're releasing clips from the film this early. Isn't it usually just a tad closer to release date that we start getting clips?

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 11 2013, 4:32am

Post #4 of 12 (508 views)
Shortcut
Link to bootlegged video removed from this thread [In reply to] Can't Post

Guys, we're very serious here about not violating copyright. We're an all volunteer, not-for-profit site and don't have the $$$ to fight legal battles. Please don't post video clips of the 20 minute fan preview on the site. Screen caps (in moderation) are fine.

Thanks Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Endor Dweller
Bree

Nov 11 2013, 7:54am

Post #5 of 12 (326 views)
Shortcut
But the clip is on Homepage now.// [In reply to] Can't Post

- Good morning.
- What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning...or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?

- Good evening.
- Yes, yes it is. Though I think it might rain later.

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 11 2013, 2:48pm

Post #6 of 12 (217 views)
Shortcut
Yeah really... [In reply to] Can't Post

That seems quite odd that is was removed here, then posted right on the homepage?

"Seriously, why was the scene with CGI dwarf ass NOT in the theatrical cut?!"

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 11 2013, 4:02pm

Post #7 of 12 (192 views)
Shortcut
The clip posted here was *obviously* bootlegged [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't know at the time that we were going to get an official clip to post. After the official clip was posted, I would have re-instated the one posted here, but it was *obviously* bootlegged (very, very poor quality, and sub-titled) and still very much against our rules.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 11 2013, 4:12pm

Post #8 of 12 (182 views)
Shortcut
And how.. [In reply to] Can't Post

is that clip on the Homepage official? And it is still very poor Quality.

Faleel
Rohan

Nov 11 2013, 4:16pm

Post #9 of 12 (170 views)
Shortcut
Because [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter Jackson himself filmed it with his digital camera!

Thorin's Oakenshield
The Shire

Nov 11 2013, 5:03pm

Post #10 of 12 (177 views)
Shortcut
Really good scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't have much of an issue with the dialogue. The orc's lines might be a little trite, but I think they add a sense of impending doom to the scene and do a nice job of setting up the potential stakes. Thranduil and Tauriel are also quite good in this sequence.

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 11 2013, 6:00pm

Post #11 of 12 (131 views)
Shortcut
OH! Okay.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand. I thought it was the exact same clip, because I didn't watch the one posted on the homepage, as I assumed it was the same crappy quality! I'll have to check it out now. Thanks!Smile

"Seriously, why was the scene with CGI dwarf ass NOT in the theatrical cut?!"

Pousette
Rivendell

Nov 12 2013, 1:59pm

Post #12 of 12 (73 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually thought the clip seemed a bit unedited - weirdly cut, and with a very "tight" dialogue (very little space in between the deliveries), made it sound and look quite ingenuine to me. And yes, a bit trite, both Tauriel and Legolas as well as the orc.

Oh well, might be better in theaters, actually =) not the best sound and picture atm.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.