Shortcut
So which credits are you referring to then? [In reply to] Can't Post

deskp
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 3:09pm

Post #52 of 95 (3350 views)
Shortcut
wb [In reply to] Can't Post

The ones that pops up in warner brothers press releases etc.

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 3:11pm

Post #53 of 95 (3346 views)
Shortcut
I guess we shall see next month... [In reply to] Can't Post

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 3:24pm

Post #54 of 95 (3354 views)
Shortcut
I agree... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Stevens was PERFECT for the role of Gregor Clegane. That guy they had playing him in season 2 was just not suited for the role, way too gaunt-looking and not nearly intimidating enough.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Nov 10 2013, 4:48pm

Post #55 of 95 (3333 views)
Shortcut
Here's a .gif [In reply to] Can't Post

of Dwalin beating the crap out of Bolg

Wish I could find a bigger one, but yeah...since they didn't show him actually dying/dead, they could resurrect him for BO5A (I'm hoping).

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 5:15pm

Post #56 of 95 (3298 views)
Shortcut
That's a EE scene? [In reply to] Can't Post

bolg clearly is not cgi there.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 5:17pm

Post #57 of 95 (3313 views)
Shortcut
Yup, it's a shame hbo can't get him back [In reply to] Can't Post

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 6:08pm

Post #58 of 95 (3263 views)
Shortcut
No. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is also in the theatrical version.
This scene is one of the root causes for everyone thinking Bolg is not in DOS.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Nov 10 2013, 6:29pm

Post #59 of 95 (3260 views)
Shortcut
No it's the theatrical [In reply to] Can't Post

It's in the theatrical and EE. I just wasn't sure if you had spotted Bolg there just because it's only a couple seconds long, so I wanted to share. I think a lot of people missed it or didn't recognize him as Bolg.

(This post was edited by tarasaurus on Nov 10 2013, 6:29pm)

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Nov 10 2013, 7:47pm

Post #60 of 95 (3242 views)
Shortcut
VLOG [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think people are making this assumption mostly based on the fact that Makoare is mo-capping while wielding a weapon similar to the one that the "old" Bolg design is holding. Isn't it possible that Makoare could be mo-capping for another Gundabad Orc, or maybe even one of Bolg's Guard?

The VLOG makes it look pretty clear.

https://plus.google.com/.../5942570301724781633

First there is a shot of Makoare doing mo cap. The movement he makes is then echoed in the CGI shot of the huge orc just outside of Tranduil's Halls.
That's Bolg. He's even got the weapon. They're definitely doing mo cap on Bolg. The Bridge Direct people recently pulled their Bolg figure due to a major redesign. This is it.
And that makes sense, because the CGI Bolg looks nothing like the red beared prosthetics version we saw before. He looks much more like Azog, and given that they want to stress the father-son/spawn relation, their similar builds and looks makes sense.

What this means for Conan Stevens himself is the only thing left unclear IMO.

(This post was edited by Mithfânion on Nov 10 2013, 7:49pm)

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 8:25pm

Post #61 of 95 (3213 views)
Shortcut
If Bolg has indeed been redesigned... [In reply to] Can't Post

...this kind of creates a continuity error with the original red haired Bolg we see in the flashback at the gates of Moria.

deskp
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 8:25pm

Post #62 of 95 (3210 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

The old bolg looked like azog aswell, only with beard and clothes, but the face was the same "race" as cg azog.

In fact the old olgs facia features looked more like azog than the current cg one does. And people need to stop calling what we saw of the cg bolg pre viz, it's not rpe viz its mo cap.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2013, 8:30pm

Post #63 of 95 (3207 views)
Shortcut
It's not a continuity error at all, if Bolg is redesigned. [In reply to] Can't Post

As the Bolg in the Azanulbizar flashback simply becomes another unnamed Orc in the army. He's never mentioned as being Bolg in the film.

Smile

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 8:32pm

Post #64 of 95 (3204 views)
Shortcut
True... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder what Peter felt was wrong with his design? Everyone seems to love him.

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 8:47pm

Post #65 of 95 (3193 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

...well, it looks like this might be the case.

What a major disappointment if this turns out to be true. This design you are claiming is the new Bolg looks even dumber than Azog.

(This post was edited by Salmacis81 on Nov 10 2013, 8:48pm)

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 9:05pm

Post #66 of 95 (3188 views)
Shortcut
Indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not remotely clever-looking whatsoever. Another stupid brute. I mean Azog really is stupid. At least enough to not kill Thorin himself at the end of AUJ .. instead he wants his orc servant to slice Thorins head off. And that one is as we know sliced by Sting shortly after.

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 9:22pm

Post #67 of 95 (3171 views)
Shortcut
I doubt... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that this stupid-looking Bolg design will be enough to ruin the film for me. But it baffles me how they could go from the original Bolg design (which I thought was great), to this new, halfwit-looking version of Azog. Ugh...just...ugh. This new Bolg looks like he'd be perfectly at home slurping snot-soup with Tom, Bert, and William.

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 9:25pm

Post #68 of 95 (3166 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps.. [In reply to] Can't Post

it is NOT Bolg. There is still hope for that. Really cannot imagine why PJ should change that so drastically for the worse.

(This post was edited by Nagini6 on Nov 10 2013, 9:26pm)

elanor_thefair
Bree

Nov 10 2013, 9:30pm

Post #69 of 95 (3151 views)
Shortcut
Maybe prosthetic Blog looked awfully fake on high definition [In reply to] Can't Post

And then they'd redesigned in CGI, to make him look more like his dad and not so fake in high definition.

In Reply To
I wonder what Peter felt was wrong with his design? Everyone seems to love him.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 10 2013, 9:31pm

Post #70 of 95 (3150 views)
Shortcut
This. [In reply to] Can't Post

We shouldn't overdo it with the speculation.

Both roles or no cataylsts for a career and one should certainly not overestimate the exposure he would have gotten from Game of Thrones.

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 9:32pm

Post #71 of 95 (3147 views)
Shortcut
One can only hope... [In reply to] Can't Post

The evidence against Bolg being another actor is the very recent Conan Stevens interview in which he was apparently still under the impression that he was playing Bolg as planned.

But as others have said, people have been cut with much less notice. And IIRC, the mo-cap for Azog was only finished shortly before AUJ was released, and they scrapped everything they'd done with the actor in prosthetics. Who's to say PJ won't do the same with Bolg?

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 10 2013, 9:44pm

Post #72 of 95 (3120 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

They were very much in a hurry with AUJ, and some of the film had to be rushed. There was much more time for the rest of the two movies. It is always possible, but I'd try not to stress on it

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 9:45pm

Post #73 of 95 (3151 views)
Shortcut
"Yazneg'd" [In reply to] Can't Post

If it does turn out Conan Stevens' Bolg is replaced by another actor mo capping a CGI replacement, I wonder if he could become a secondary villain, similar to how Yazneg was Azog at one point. Stevenson might still be in the film just not as Bolg anymore.

I think it's a bit harsh to say the CGI is bad right now, the glimpse we see of it is clearly unfinished and perhaps being used for pre-vis. The final model could perhaps look great. Weta is known to make entire models before putting clothes on them, so his old outfit could maybe make it into the film but his face does look more similar to his dad's, so I would be surprised if they did go for the shirtless look again, to continue the father-son similarities.

Yes, my username is terrible.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 9:54pm

Post #74 of 95 (3124 views)
Shortcut
This is just a little nuts [In reply to] Can't Post

So Conan goes from playing Azog to playing Bolg and now he's been replaced by a mo-cap actor?

Snowghost77
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 9:56pm

Post #75 of 95 (3107 views)
Shortcut
cgi orcs [In reply to] Can't Post

The thing about prosthetic orcs is that you will always have the same eye/nose/mouth placement with every design...which makes them all look like humans with makeup. Pete wanted to diversify the orc looks...having some with wider eyes, nose being higher on the face...wider mouths ect... and just over all more diverse looking faces. I thought the orcs looked great, and always felt that prosthetic orcs were too obviously humans in makeup. I think I remember them discussing this on a vlog or something.

The path of the Warrior is paved in blood, sweat, tears and ultimately death. He weeps for the fallen, bleeds for the cause, and sweats till he dies.
In memory of operation FALLEN ANGEL and the mighty heroes of seal team 6, the PJ, and all those who fell in Tangi
- Task force Warrior will not forget you

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.