Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Although it might be cool to have psychic powers,

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 4:36am

Post #1 of 19 (176 views)
Shortcut
Although it might be cool to have psychic powers, Can't Post

I cannot claim to have them.
Therefore, could a kindly mod please fix this gaffe for me, and change 'There and Back Again' in my post (last paragraph) to 'An Unexpected Journey'.

Grateful thanks in advance. Crazy

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2013, 5:33am

Post #2 of 19 (127 views)
Shortcut
I wondered where that came from. [In reply to] Can't Post

Been flying upside down this week, girl?Laugh

Though everything else made perfect sense.

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Nov 9 2013, 5:33am)

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 6:23am

Post #3 of 19 (116 views)
Shortcut
Just checking to see if anyone was paying attention [In reply to] Can't Post

Gold star to you. Cool
As I was mowing the lawn this afternoon a little corner of my brain alerted me to the error. Small parts of my brain are still functioning reasonably well, others clearly are not.
Which makes me think I was extremely lucky to get promoted this week! Laugh

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2013, 6:44am

Post #4 of 19 (115 views)
Shortcut
Promoted!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Who gets the gold star?!
Huzzah! Smile

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2013, 6:52am

Post #5 of 19 (112 views)
Shortcut
Fixed! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 8:12am

Post #6 of 19 (110 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the star [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll pin it on, and try and get over a case of 'imposter syndrome'. Cool

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 8:13am

Post #7 of 19 (111 views)
Shortcut
My psychic powers suggested [In reply to] Can't Post

you might do that.
Grateful thanks. Cool

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2013, 10:24am

Post #8 of 19 (107 views)
Shortcut
I was kind of hoping [In reply to] Can't Post

you might have a time machine and let me come for a ride in it...then we could make bets on the Hobbit board about the plotlines of the next two movies and win all of them and look brilliant. Oh well....

SlyAngelic

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 4:21pm

Post #9 of 19 (95 views)
Shortcut
Promotion! Congrats Starling!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I totally missed your error in that post because the rest of it was so perfectly expressed. Though it lacked any decent _________ profanity.

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 9 2013, 9:40pm

Post #10 of 19 (81 views)
Shortcut
But can't your [In reply to] Can't Post

manservant take care of that?Wink Mine has vanished lately, along with my Libyan riches, and my secret advance copy of DoS starring Leonard McCoy as Bard.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 9 2013, 9:43pm

Post #11 of 19 (73 views)
Shortcut
Wheee! Three Cheers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you managing other teachers now? Are you at the same school?

But it may simply be November Seasonal Forgetfulness. I just remembered today that I forgot to teach a student a piece he was to play in church last Sunday, and which his parents expressly asked me to go over with him. He said it went well anyway, thankfully.Blush

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 10:02pm

Post #12 of 19 (73 views)
Shortcut
NSF [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I have a case of that.
My promotion means that I will be more in a manager position, apart from one day a week classroom teaching/mentoring a new teacher. I have been trying to teach a very challenging class three days a week, and run a busy special needs unit, manage and support 25 staff, and support the families, all in the other two days. I mostly feel like one of those people in traditional tales where they are told to spin a room full of straw into gold by dawn, except I've been trying to do that every day. Luckily I have a very supportive Board and Principal, and they are doing their best to make things better for me, and hopefully for everyone else as well.

So now I will have much more time to file my nails. Sly

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 10:04pm

Post #13 of 19 (67 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

I was pretty _________ excited to get that promotion. I nearly fell off my ________ chair. At least I would have, if I ever had time to sit on a ________ chair. Laugh

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 10:05pm

Post #14 of 19 (67 views)
Shortcut
How many times must I tell you [In reply to] Can't Post

not to give away the plan? Tongue

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 10:07pm

Post #15 of 19 (101 views)
Shortcut
My manservant has vanished too [In reply to] Can't Post

I sense something suspicious could be going on. Unless they are both together and working hard to secure our bank accounts so that they can deposit further millions into them. They have been so trustworthy in the past...

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 10 2013, 2:19am

Post #16 of 19 (58 views)
Shortcut
In the "passed" [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe. I noticed unusual activity on my online handheld manservant fraud detection touchscreen. There were 2 thumbprints entered in the secret database. I believe the second belongs to your now-previous employee.

However, I set up a decoy account named "starling" with a fake contact for them to meet with in the southern part of North Dakota (which all PDQ Bach lovers will recognize as the town of Hoople). I set them up in a hotel room with Ground Hog Day playing in a continuous loop on the in-room television. They will not be able to leave (ever).

Shall I place a couple of ads for new manservants in the next edition of the Tolkienia Times?

(This post was edited by Ethel Duath on Nov 10 2013, 2:20am)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 10 2013, 2:23am

Post #17 of 19 (54 views)
Shortcut
NSF! A new excu . . .condition! [In reply to] Can't Post

To be followed by DSF and so on!Cool

I can't believe you've had to carry all that for so long--and through 2 earthquakes and aftershocks no less!
Nice bosses are a tremendous help, though.

Glad things will be better now!Smile

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 5:07am

Post #18 of 19 (48 views)
Shortcut
Do you play [In reply to] Can't Post

in the Off-Season Philharmonic?

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 10 2013, 7:14pm

Post #19 of 19 (54 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I am always [In reply to] Can't Post

off season somehow! CrazyWink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.