Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New TV spot!

Nov 9 2013, 6:46pm

Post #1 of 15 (1305 views)
New TV spot! Can't Post

EDIT: Unfortunately, none of the footage is new. Still, it's rather nicely put together.

(This post was edited by MatthewJer18 on Nov 9 2013, 6:48pm)

Nov 9 2013, 6:48pm

Post #2 of 15 (545 views)
Nice.. [In reply to] Can't Post

We like it!

Nov 9 2013, 7:05pm

Post #3 of 15 (523 views)
So far... [In reply to] Can't Post

the first five TV Spots have had absolutely no new footage Unsure What in the world..

Nov 9 2013, 7:23pm

Post #4 of 15 (486 views)
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

they have already released too much footage anyway Tongue

I simply walked into Mordor.

Nov 9 2013, 7:35pm

Post #5 of 15 (477 views)
Well.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely not compared to AUJ Trailers where we got the different endings and clips.

Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2013, 8:45pm

Post #6 of 15 (409 views)
Didn't AUJ only have 2 trailers? [In reply to] Can't Post

So that's already one more for DOS. And clips and TV spots with new footage usually get released closer to the movie's release. First TV spots for AUJ also heavily reused footage from trailers.

Nov 9 2013, 8:49pm

Post #7 of 15 (415 views)
No, every TV spot for AUJ... [In reply to] Can't Post

had new never before seen footage in it. So far however, the first FIVE spots for DOS have had 100% recycled footage. Methinks this is very odd indeed.

Nov 9 2013, 8:49pm

Post #8 of 15 (467 views)
Saw a trailer at IMAX 3D Thor last night. [In reply to] Can't Post

In spite of looking nothing like "The Hobbit," the clips looked pretty good, exceptional really. There was no sign of Smaug's head in this one, but some body shots, and quite a bit of his voice.

Another trailer shown was for Captain America. I mention it at all because rather than showing a series of (potentially) misleading clips, they showed an entire scene from the upcoming film. They tagged some clips onto the end but playing a whole scene gave a great sense of the film's flavour.

Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2013, 9:00pm

Post #9 of 15 (385 views)
Totally agree... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen more than enough already.

I'm certainly glad I didn't see 20 minutes worth at the fan event, as I think I made a mistake seeing so much before AUJ.

I've already heard (& seen) too much about Tauriel for my taste - I think I could have gone into the theatre with a far more open mind if it were otherwise, but that's my bad for being an obsessed fan! Wink

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Nov 9 2013, 9:04pm

Post #10 of 15 (420 views)
You saw... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the Main Trailer then, which IMHO Looks quite a lot like "The Hobbit". Lol...What would you expect so that it looks like "The Hobbit"?
3 minutes of staring at Bilbo's face? Sly

Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2013, 9:14pm

Post #11 of 15 (369 views)
Well, i remember differently. [In reply to] Can't Post

But i don't feel like searching through all TV spots. So i'll just leave this topic. Wink

Metal Slug

Nov 9 2013, 9:25pm

Post #12 of 15 (367 views)
I don't want to see any more footage either [In reply to] Can't Post

Saw too much of AUJ and that's a shame. On the other hand, Im more prepared for the change in tone this time around.

It will be tough for me to not read teasers.

Nov 9 2013, 9:33pm

Post #13 of 15 (368 views)
That would be a start [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously though, it reminds me a great deal more of PJ's LOTR... which is a good thing, since nostalgia for LOTR is what's driving my interest in this thing. From purely a practical point of view, it is clear from the trailer that the departures from the original tale as written are significant and unabashed. Since we can't have a faithful adaptation of Tolkien's "The Hobbit" (for whatever reason), it's good that DoS appears to be faithful to PJ's LOTR.

The latest trailer appears to have corrected the technical deficiencies of the earliest DoS trailer. This is also a good thing... curtain is mere weeks away.

Nov 10 2013, 2:03am

Post #14 of 15 (211 views)
wanna make myself a T-shirt with the word "obsessed" [In reply to] Can't Post

....just plain black with the word in white - maybe use runes. And I'm having so much fun with the recent flood of goodies. But very proud haven't read anything
but a very brief summary of the 20 minutes - unusual for me since I was news-desperate not long ago - but have seen enough. Who was it that pointed out that 20 minutes
is something like 12 percent of the movie? That set me back - no, I want it ALL.

Not that I am being negative about anyone fortunate enough to be at the fan events, and if I'd been there I would have been eating it up.
But we are close now, so close to achieving our goal......

Just showed a male friend the sneak peek and he made an 'earthy guy comment' basically indicating being blown away, anyone I show the
trailers to seems to get psyched for DOS. And why not? Trailer 2 and sneak peak are mind-blowing.

Nov 10 2013, 4:37pm

Post #15 of 15 (120 views)
Exactly what I'm thinking [In reply to] Can't Post

The newest trailer is easily the best of DOS's three, and it actually has made me really excited for the film. But I agree with you that it clearly reminded me of the LOTR films. This is, I think, where AUJ failed. It had neither the feeling of the book nor of PJ's earlier films overall. I'm hoping that, since we aren't getting a straight-up adaptation of the book, we'll get a film that feels like it fits alongside the LOTR films.

I also agree with you that the picture quality on this latest trailer was gorgeous, and I hope it's reflective of the entire film.

'Twas in the Land of Willows that I heard th'unfathomed breath
Of the Horns of Ylmir calling - and shall hear them till my death.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.