Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit - SCROLL || to be continued...

Fleuz
Lorien

Nov 9 2013, 9:03am

Post #1 of 17 (1406 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit - SCROLL || to be continued... Can't Post

In another Thread someone asked for a clear version of the banners.
Here I combined both to one XXL Scroll, Enjoy!

http://s1.directupload.net/.../131109/x9t8r8o2.jpg

(This post was edited by Fleuz on Nov 9 2013, 9:03am)

Vangalad
Lorien

Nov 9 2013, 9:13am

Post #2 of 17 (528 views)
Shortcut
That's perfect mate [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you!

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Thranderz
Rohan

Nov 9 2013, 9:53am

Post #3 of 17 (494 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

You merged them together so well! Great job Smile

I simply walked into Mordor.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 9 2013, 10:47am

Post #4 of 17 (515 views)
Shortcut
Azog! [In reply to] Can't Post

Amazing job! Thanks a lot for this!

I never noticed Azog and his Orc army on the "Barrels Out Of Bond" part of this scroll! Cool stuff! Also I like the similarities and still difference between the two Elven parts. They have a lot im common but are also very different.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Nov 9 2013, 10:50am)

Endor Dweller
Bree

Nov 9 2013, 11:05am

Post #5 of 17 (453 views)
Shortcut
I'm really impressed [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Fleuz!

- Good morning.
- What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning...or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?

- Good evening.
- Yes, yes it is. Though I think it might rain later.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 9 2013, 12:55pm

Post #6 of 17 (379 views)
Shortcut
Lovely job thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 9 2013, 3:11pm

Post #7 of 17 (317 views)
Shortcut
That's fabulous - thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Avandel
Valinor

Nov 9 2013, 4:20pm

Post #8 of 17 (284 views)
Shortcut
beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you - gorgeous job!

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Nov 9 2013, 4:35pm

Post #9 of 17 (278 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing!

Bladerunner
Gondor

Nov 9 2013, 4:59pm

Post #10 of 17 (275 views)
Shortcut
Very nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

That "Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire" scene in the banner, I would have much preferred to see rather than the literal "cliffhanger" scene that was used in the film.

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 9 2013, 5:28pm

Post #11 of 17 (255 views)
Shortcut
Why is that? [In reply to] Can't Post

What we got in the final film was that scene from the banner and then some. I loved the cliff. Did you feel it was over the top?

OrphanOfNumenor
Bree

Nov 9 2013, 6:21pm

Post #12 of 17 (234 views)
Shortcut
Woooooooooooooow [In reply to] Can't Post

Too much epicness for my computer. Had to restart!

"The Men of the Sea send before them a great cloud, as a rain turned to serpents, or a black hail tipped with steel."

sycorax82
Rohan

Nov 9 2013, 8:38pm

Post #13 of 17 (201 views)
Shortcut
I agree. Does anyone else feel the AUJ stills make the film look better than it turned out?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't get me wrong, there was much to love about AUJ (the central performances being the most important thing) but the...cimema(??) of LOTR, the pace of things, just wasn't there.

Way too many stop-start-stop-start moments, with not enough actually happening. I love the Bag End sequence and wouldn't touch it. Where AUJ falls apart is, as soon as you think 'okay they've left the Shire, now let the adventure start!' they're stopping for Azanulbizar (crucial for Thorin's story, no question, but to place it here is clumsy), then later they're stopping for Radagast, then stopping at Rivendell and the White Council scene... There's no urgency in the whole film until the Gollum scene, which, ironically, is a 12 minute scene between two characters!

I guess we will never know just how much the 3 film split affected AUJ...though there's no doubt in my mind that a 3 hour epic ending with Barrels Out Of Bond would have been the preferrable experience. We would then have seen both the main story and Gandalf's Dol Guldur story advance enough to keep up the interest.

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 9 2013, 8:57pm

Post #14 of 17 (191 views)
Shortcut
I think there's no dispute from haters and lovers of the movie alike... [In reply to] Can't Post

...it was a far more leisurely paced romp, very episodic with no real urgency and forward momentum (until perhaps the last 20 minutes or so) But I don't think this is a fare criticism to level against the movie as the first half of the book has this very same leisure tone with plenty of breathing room and the movie captured this expertly well IMHO. DOS and TABA will be far different beasts, I assure you. I loved AUJ just the way it was Smile Back on topic, I feel the story beats in the banner are perfectly reflected in the film.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 10:17pm

Post #15 of 17 (162 views)
Shortcut
Favorite Shot? In the Scroll [In reply to] Can't Post

The 15 climbing
a Mountain in front
of a Full Moon.

So hope that happens.

OrphanOfNumenor
Bree

Nov 9 2013, 11:07pm

Post #16 of 17 (144 views)
Shortcut
Love it [In reply to] Can't Post

The whole thing is great, but I would have to agree about Thorin & Co. climbing the statue. Soooooo cool. I imagine in the film they will have some pretty epic music playing during that scene (think FoTR when the fellowship has just left Imladris and is climbing the hills).

"The Men of the Sea send before them a great cloud, as a rain turned to serpents, or a black hail tipped with steel."

Dipling
Rivendell

Nov 9 2013, 11:48pm

Post #17 of 17 (140 views)
Shortcut
Puzzle [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be great as puzzle game (ravensburger).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.