Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to the 'cute alert' Fiesta Friday (warning, addictive cuteness inside)!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 8 2013, 7:31pm

Post #26 of 83 (93 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 7:54pm

Post #27 of 83 (99 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats Acheron!!!!! Angelic

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2013, 7:59pm

Post #28 of 83 (99 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, AE! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

RosieLass
Valinor

Nov 8 2013, 7:59pm

Post #29 of 83 (94 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! She's adorable! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 8 2013, 8:34pm

Post #30 of 83 (90 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh! What a little cutie!! Congratulations!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Nov 8 2013, 8:44pm

Post #31 of 83 (98 views)
Shortcut
Awwww....cutie! Congratulations!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You must be exhausted and so delighted. Hope you're managing some sleep and recovering well! Someone wisely once told us that the days seem interminable, but the weeks and months fly right by. Enjoy this special time!

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Nov 8 2013, 8:53pm

Post #32 of 83 (96 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

She's beautiful!
Have you started reading The Hobbit to her yet? Smile

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Nov 8 2013, 9:02pm

Post #33 of 83 (117 views)
Shortcut
Oooh, we've got cute going on here too! [In reply to] Can't Post

My second-ever batch of incubator-chicks has been hatching over the last couple of days; 24 out successfully so far and potential for a few more still. They're soooo vewwy cute and fluffy! Below is a pic (if I've done things right) of the first batch I hatched, which are now four weeks old. Haven't got pictures yet of these new ones.

Waiting excitedly for the arrival of the EE on Tuesday, being brought by my mom when she flies over for another long visit. Oh, and I suppose we're excited about her coming, too, LOL!

Happy weekend everyone!

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Nov 8 2013, 9:09pm

Post #34 of 83 (89 views)
Shortcut
I was called in to work this week [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm on-call only so it's great to get hours, but this time it was due to a colleague having a stroke which was not great. We managed to keep the pharmacy up and running though and I'm really proud of that team.

I was honored to be part of a flag-raising ceremony for our local Veterans at my daughter's elementary school. They asked us to have our ceremony today instead of Monday because our program for them is longer than any other school (and they go to 9 other schools) We do a breakfast indoors and then the flag raising and full chorus concert outdoors. That's where I come in. Playing piano outside in 30F temperatures with 10 mph gusty winds is...interesting... and cold! I had two hands on the keyboard and a foot on the music stand so it wouldn't blow over. Laugh

Capped off a week of writing by finally getting my fictitious dwarves on the road. It's been very hard not to let this thing turn into a glorified Tolkien fanfic but I'm trying! It will never see the light of day on a Barnes and Noble bookshelf but it's been fun to write. And more to the point - Maryland writers are ahead of California! Go Blue Crabs - we rock!

I think I have another couple chapters in me tonight. Hoping to put that word count below up over 17K.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 9:33pm

Post #35 of 83 (76 views)
Shortcut
What a beautiful baby! Congratulations! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Nov 8 2013, 9:37pm

Post #36 of 83 (81 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations to the new mom! [In reply to] Can't Post

You must be so proud. And what a beautiful name you've given her! Smile

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2013, 10:05pm

Post #37 of 83 (73 views)
Shortcut
Oh my! Congratulations! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2013, 10:08pm

Post #38 of 83 (73 views)
Shortcut
Oh, so cute! [In reply to] Can't Post

You could advertise Easter eggs with those. :)

My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2013, 10:10pm

Post #39 of 83 (82 views)
Shortcut
It's chilly for November! [In reply to] Can't Post

We actually had the fire on last night. Today is grey and windy, so I think I'll stay indoors.

I have a Christmas cake in the oven, and the kitchen smells lovely! I know a lot of Americans don't like Christmas cake, but mine is moist and rib-sticking and tends to disappear quite quickly.

My historical novels

- A Room With a View

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Nov 8 2013, 10:30pm

Post #40 of 83 (84 views)
Shortcut
Did someone say Christmas Cake? [In reply to] Can't Post

As in what we call fruitcake? As in loads of goodies stuck together with just enough cake? Sign me up! This Yankee loooooovvvveeees it! Heart

Do you soak it in anything? I soak mine in brandy, but I put whiskey in the cake. Wink

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 11:05pm

Post #41 of 83 (74 views)
Shortcut
Virtual hugs to Sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry to hear he's under the weather :-(

Your bread sounds really yummy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 11:05pm

Post #42 of 83 (76 views)
Shortcut
Oh, my! Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a sweetie!

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 11:08pm

Post #43 of 83 (88 views)
Shortcut
Hoping to get to Estes Park on Sunday [In reply to] Can't Post

We tried when the road from Boulder opened up, but decided against it when we heard reports of snow. So we're going to try again now that the Lyons road is open. Woo hoo! The road from Loveland that we're used to taking is supposed to be open by early December. The Colorado Department of Transportation has been amazing.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 9 2013, 12:11am

Post #44 of 83 (69 views)
Shortcut
My first pet [In reply to] Can't Post

(my own, my precious) was a bantam named Goldie. Chickens are so cute with they're fuzzballs. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 12:21am

Post #45 of 83 (68 views)
Shortcut
Many hugs and well wishes for Sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wondered why he hadn't been about for a while.

Fell better soon! AngelicAngelicAngelic

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 1:13am

Post #46 of 83 (69 views)
Shortcut
So, is it sort of like [In reply to] Can't Post

"No admittance except on Hobbit business" for visiting mothers? Laugh

Very cute chickens. What breed/s are they?

Kim
Valinor

Nov 9 2013, 1:38am

Post #47 of 83 (63 views)
Shortcut
Cuteness indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing Smile

Past week and weekend plans seem to be mostly the same - watching my AUJ EE! Laugh It's totally addictive, so between that and the fan event goodies, my week is all Hobbit all the time!

I'll just grab a diet Snapple to keep myself hydrated during the marathon.

Happy weekend all!

acheron
Gondor

Nov 9 2013, 1:47am

Post #48 of 83 (77 views)
Shortcut
I started reading it to her older brother when he was about 3 months old [In reply to] Can't Post

to make sure he was a book-firster. Wink

He is almost two and a half now, so he likes to pick his own books and doesn't want ones without pictures. We'll get back to the Hobbit eventually though. Smile

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Kim
Valinor

Nov 9 2013, 1:52am

Post #49 of 83 (56 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! She's lovely :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kim
Valinor

Nov 9 2013, 1:54am

Post #50 of 83 (58 views)
Shortcut
Very cute :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never seen gray and black ones before.

Enjoy your AUJ EE! I'm deep into watching mine right now, just came up for air briefly, I'm really enjoying it.

Oh yeah, have a nice visit with your mom too. Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.