Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Dreams about The Hobbit

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 7 2013, 5:17pm

Post #1 of 16 (272 views)
Shortcut
Dreams about The Hobbit Can't Post

Last night I dreamed I was watching The Hobbit: There and Back Again, and I couldn't work out why the first two-thirds was dominated by a Dr Who plotline with the Jon Pertwee and Colin Baker Doctors. It wasn't helped by me falling asleep and missing the link with PJ's story of Middle-earth.

Gah!

So is anyone else getting The Hobbit movies making an appearance in their dreams?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 7 2013, 5:31pm

Post #2 of 16 (187 views)
Shortcut
I had a recurring dream once.... / [In reply to] Can't Post

“Indeed if fish had fish-lore and Wise-fish it is probable that the business of anglers would be very little hindered.”
-JRR Tolkien

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 7 2013, 7:48pm

Post #3 of 16 (176 views)
Shortcut
No dreams [In reply to] Can't Post

but not getting nearly enough sleep this week. This is all too too much excitement for an older person. I'm getting waaaay too focused on hobbits. Live events, sneak peeks, posters, AUJ EE! And why are there sooooo many threads to read on the Hobbit forum? Tummy's upset. Stupid!

Need more walks on the beach and through the hills. Tra-la-la!Laugh

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Nov 7 2013, 10:17pm

Post #4 of 16 (159 views)
Shortcut
No dreams specific to The Hobbit movie per se [In reply to] Can't Post

though RA has been known to figure prominently in more than one, LOL. Does that count? Wink

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Nov 8 2013, 1:43am

Post #5 of 16 (145 views)
Shortcut
I have had too many to count [In reply to] Can't Post

One dream I had involved me seeing DoS...in which everyone died. Unimpressed Then I had a nightmare where the entire movie was about Tauriel. But the most interesting dream I had involved The Hobbit, and Dracula. In the dream, Bilbo had gone through the "baptism of blood" Crazy, then he and Gandalf battled Dracula, not only to free Bilbo, but for revenge, which I didn't know what they were getting revenge for. I just knew they were getting revenge for something. It was an interesting dream. Strange, but interesting.

Kim
Valinor

Nov 8 2013, 7:24am

Post #6 of 16 (121 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah, lots [In reply to] Can't Post

when AUJ came out, I was having lots of dreams of dwarves, hobbits and wizards having adventures. Nothing specific, just lots of fun. A couple of weeks ago, I dreamed that I saw DOS, and Mirkwood was full of zombies. Think it was a bit of a crossover due to conversations about The Walking Dead. After the fan event Monday, the fun adventure dreams are back. Smile

Wayward
The Shire

Nov 8 2013, 3:32pm

Post #7 of 16 (111 views)
Shortcut
This isn't exactly what you asked, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

Last night I dreamed that I was fishing in imaginary sewer tunnels underneath a local elementary school... with Andy Serkis.

Upon hearing this, my boyfriend exclaimed, "Oh my god, you're Deagol!"

RangerLady23
Lorien

Nov 8 2013, 5:54pm

Post #8 of 16 (100 views)
Shortcut
No dream so far about The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

but I know one time I dreamed that Aragorn was telling me I should be getting on the horse from the right side, not the left. I fought with him for what seemed like hours!
I woke up Sooo mad, I almost shredded my Aragorn poster!
Stupid I know, but all true.

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Nov 8 2013, 6:43pm

Post #9 of 16 (98 views)
Shortcut
Heck yeah! - sorry, just had to say that. [In reply to] Can't Post

An appearance? It's like the whole dream!

Last night I was dreaming of entering the throne room of Erebor, and I rested my hand upon the Thone before suddenly feeling Thorin's presence behind me. He was just standing there (as if he had been there all that time), and was standing in the shadows of the hallway - like, seriously, he was mega scary. And he asked me "What are you doing here?" in a really scary voice that made me flinch my hand immediately away from the arm of the Throne - North and South fans will know the line (how I combine stuff in my dreams, I don't know)! Wink

I hardly remember most of my dreams - but I do remember last week that my dream was like that extended scene with Bilbo going through Rivendell at night time, but I was walking up endless flights of stairs that all looked the same... Laugh

I have such a crazy imagination. Cool

..The Lord of Silver Fountains
.....The King of Carven Stone
..The King Under the Mountain
.......Shall come into his own

..And the bells will ring in gladness
......At the Mountain King's return
..But all shall fail in sadness
....And the lake will shine and burn

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 8 2013, 7:00pm

Post #10 of 16 (99 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"Oh my god, you're Deagol!"

How cool that your partner is as geeky as you! :)

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2013, 9:22pm

Post #11 of 16 (89 views)
Shortcut
Truly kindred spirits. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd say he's a keeper.Smile

Na Vedui
Rohan

Nov 9 2013, 12:32am

Post #12 of 16 (82 views)
Shortcut
Not dreaming the Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

but the other night it was Merry and Pippin, very young, play-fighting and tumbling about in a meadow. The grass was really green. Don't know what exactly sparked it off, but is anyone else also finding that Martin Freeman's Bilbo sometimes has an uncanny "family resemblance" to Pippin, and occasionally Merry?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2013, 10:48am

Post #13 of 16 (66 views)
Shortcut
What did you eat for dinner that night? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cuz I think you should have some more of that :D What a GREAT DREAM!

I have dreamt of The Hobbit, but I'm usually on the road wandering the wilds... cooking and camping surrounded by some real characters :)

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 9 2013, 9:50pm

Post #14 of 16 (56 views)
Shortcut
I think it sprang from the disappointment of *not* [In reply to] Can't Post

getting the EE DVD that day, as I had expected to. I hadn't realised that the NZ release wasn't for another few weeks.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 10 2013, 2:03am

Post #15 of 16 (43 views)
Shortcut
oh man.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Crash and burn. That would definitely give me nightmares, too. :(

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Na Vedui
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 7:52pm

Post #16 of 16 (39 views)
Shortcut
After the EE DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

arrived yesterday, I had a Hobbit binge (new scenes; quite a bit of the background stuff) and went to bed with it all whirring around in my head.

And dreamed that Kili of all people had gone on a terrible rampage through the countryside, toppling boulders and uprooting trees. (Exactly how a little Dwarf was managing all this without benefit of JCB, I don't know; it seemed to make perfect sense at the time!). I think I was Fili; I went after Kili , trying to find and stop him before he did any more damage or before somebody upped and damaged him. I remember running along a road in a desolate marshy place, passing a great tree that had been uprooted and dumped crown downwards in a pool, and feeling desperately sad that Kili had obviously succumbed to the Durin madness.

Bizarre, eh? Obviously the EE eavesdropping scene in Rivendell played into it; also (I think) the hasty scene-shift they had to do for part of the Trollshaws set, which involved heaving fake trees about; and perhaps the Stone Giants.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.