Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Karl Urban's thoughts on PJ & The Hobbit...

Grey Havens

Jan 11 2008, 1:32pm

Post #1 of 7 (1250 views)
Karl Urban's thoughts on PJ & The Hobbit... Can't Post

TVGuide.com: What did you think about the recent news that Peter Jackson is going ahead and producing the Lord of the Rings prequel, The Hobbit?
Urban: Oh, I think that it's really fantastic that New Line and Peter were able to put aside their differences and that Peter is going to once again bring Middle Earth to the big screen.

TVGuide.com: A lot of our readers have said they can't imagine The Hobbit in anyone else's hands.
Urban: Well, he did such an overwhelmingly fantastic job with that trilogy, it's hard to conceive of anybody laying their fingerprints on it.

Well, it seems that just about everybody is behind Peter on this project.... now if only he would listen to his heart (and us!) and just direct the dang thing!

(I can't wait for Comanche Moon to see just how well Karl does... but I think I'll skip Star Trek... that's one image I don't want to be stuck with for the rest of my life... *shudder*)

(This post was edited by diedye on Jan 11 2008, 1:33pm)

Jan 11 2008, 1:51pm

Post #2 of 7 (369 views)
The comments are coming thick and fast ... [In reply to] Can't Post

about what LOTR actors and associates think about the recent Hobbit developments ... Its nice to see Karl's voice out there with such enthusiasm and support for Peter Jackson and Co. Good one Karl!!

,,,, but I can't wait to hear Helen Clarkes view on all this ... she'll just possibly explode with glee Laugh.

Thanks diedye for another heads-up.

The Shire was never the same after
Barbra Cartland moved into Bagshot Row.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Sauruman: "Do know how the fan girls/boys first came into being? ... they were Tolkien scholars once ... Taken by the Dark Director, tempted to hold moots & dress up like Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Wizards ... A ruined & terrible form of life, not to mentions bad grades ... and now perfected at TORN ...
Whom do you serve!"

Jan 11 2008, 6:21pm

Post #3 of 7 (307 views)
Good to hear this from Karl! [In reply to] Can't Post

Iit is nice that he speaks out for PJ.

However, *I* am looking forward to seeing Star Trek. I am willing to give Karl a chance to play young McCoy.

Barahli of Rohan

Westu Eomer hal!

Jan 11 2008, 6:21pm

Post #4 of 7 (287 views)
Well said, Karl! (no text) [In reply to] Can't Post

Jan 11 2008, 11:26pm

Post #5 of 7 (268 views)
The great thing about these LotR alum [In reply to] Can't Post

is that there's NAR (no action required) for their praise and excitement when it comes to Jackson. Bless 'em one and all!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Jan 12 2008, 4:20am

Post #6 of 7 (247 views)
Amen to that, sister [In reply to] Can't Post

It's great to see the cast so excited about this even though they know they won't be in it. They probably want to be able to crash the film sets just like we do. Of course being Middle Earth alum they'll be able to! *Hopefully they can give the new director, um, some tipsCool

Jan 12 2008, 4:47am

Post #7 of 7 (273 views)
I am beginning to think that Karl would make a good Beorn.\ [In reply to] Can't Post

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of ManwŰ let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of ManwŰ S˙limo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

Well! What do you know, it snowed.
Season's greetings with thoughts of Rivendell

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.