Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Getting to know you question request thread for December - Nicole & William Kircher (Bifur)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Nov 7 2013, 4:28am

Post #1 of 17 (216 views)
Shortcut
Getting to know you question request thread for December - Nicole & William Kircher (Bifur) Can't Post

Hi All

I'm posting this one a bit earlier than normal as Nicole and William are both really busy and I wanted to give them a lot of time to answer your questions.

Nicole and William have a band together “The California Dreamers”, if you want to ask about that and their musical influences Wink (Nicole's also in a couple of other bands, like I said busy people LOL)

Anyhow ask away Cool

Cheers
Kel x

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 7 2013, 11:32am

Post #2 of 17 (127 views)
Shortcut
What ... [In reply to] Can't Post

What was the very first thought in your mind, when you first saw yourself in the mirror dressed as Bifur? And how did you feel when you first stood next to all the other fellow actors dressed as the Company of Dwarves?

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 7 2013, 8:14pm

Post #3 of 17 (113 views)
Shortcut
Hiya Kel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for getting this together. I'm not familiar with their music (though may have to have a listen) though I applaud anyone with musical ability!

This is exciting though - have really been wanting to ask him about Bifur!

As a neurosurgery professional, Bifur particularly is close to my heart because of his specific brain injury. I think it was portrayed - once we grant the fictional survivability - so perfectly that I have a question about the research that went into the role. So I wonder, William did you get information from the production crew on the areas injured and the effects it would have, did you do your own research or a combination of the two?

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 1:04am

Post #4 of 17 (97 views)
Shortcut
Hiya Brethil [In reply to] Can't Post

I did try and find a youtube clip of their band, but there's a few around the world with the same name and it just became too difficult and time consuming.

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 1:15am

Post #5 of 17 (95 views)
Shortcut
Maybe they can send us a link? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I did try and find a youtube clip of their band, but there's a few around the world with the same name and it just became too difficult and time consuming.

That would be a legit question - can we see your band?

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Nov 8 2013, 1:37am

Post #6 of 17 (93 views)
Shortcut
Here's my questions [In reply to] Can't Post

Why does Bifur have an axe embedded in his head?
And
What kind of music do they like?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2013, 2:48am

Post #7 of 17 (89 views)
Shortcut
That would be wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll second that: a clip of their band performing, please! Smile

And its history, and what instruments they all play, and what kind of music, and why, and how often! And can we get them for a TORn Oscar Party?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2013, 2:53am

Post #8 of 17 (89 views)
Shortcut
You do get interesting people, Kel! [In reply to] Can't Post

My question (in addition to their band-related ones above): during the filming, were there any moments that were pure joy or sheer terror, or total confusion? What was your favorite location shoot, and your favorite set?

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 3:21am

Post #9 of 17 (86 views)
Shortcut
Ooooo! And I second that Dernwyn!!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

And can we get them for a TORn Oscar Party?

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 8 2013, 8:55am

Post #10 of 17 (86 views)
Shortcut
Youtube videos [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkpQQm6E-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bz4TJme4uY

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 8 2013, 1:05pm

Post #11 of 17 (85 views)
Shortcut
Great fun!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for posting MH!! I third what Dernwyn and Brethil say about the TORn Oscars Party!!Smile

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 8 2013, 4:10pm

Post #12 of 17 (75 views)
Shortcut
You rock MH! Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Will watch these later - great that you found them! Thank you!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2013, 10:32am

Post #13 of 17 (58 views)
Shortcut
They have a band!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! I had no idea :D

I'd like to ask my question I ask everyone you visit... "What was your favourite cartoon to watch when you were a youngster?"

I'll be very curious to see if they like the same cartoons :) I'd also like to ask when they decided they wanted to start a band. What series of events brought them to that moment when they said, "Let's just do it!" I love those moments :)

Thanks so much for doing this, Kel :) I love your visits with these fantastic people.

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2013, 12:24pm

Post #14 of 17 (54 views)
Shortcut
Nice! Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

That does it, we've got to get them to a TORn event and do some sing-alongs with them! Cool

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Nov 9 2013, 5:05pm

Post #15 of 17 (62 views)
Shortcut
Hi, Kel! Here's another question or two for William [In reply to] Can't Post

In the Bag End scene, just when a fight breaks out around the table, we see Bifur demonstrating with his hands, almost like he's twisting something. Can you please explain what he was doing?

Can you say a little about filming the mo-cap troll scene and was it as fun for you and PH and MH to do as it was for us to watch?

Thanks Kel and looking forward to the interview! Smile

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 9 2013, 8:34pm

Post #16 of 17 (53 views)
Shortcut
Hope these aren't too personal... [In reply to] Can't Post

William, describe the first time you met Nicole.

Nicole, how did you know William was the one?

Thanks Kel!

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 9:09pm

Post #17 of 17 (43 views)
Shortcut
For both Nicole and William [In reply to] Can't Post

We've heard rumours of a future role for William in LA. What would you think about living short- or long-term in California, Dreamers? (Who rock, by the way!)
Cheers

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.