Details from the 3rd Trailer *Doubts* *Possible Spoilers*

StoneHex104
Rivendell

Nov 6 2013, 12:54am

Post #1 of 6 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Details from the 3rd Trailer *Doubts* *Possible Spoilers* Can't Post

In the 3rd trailer we can listen to Gandalf saying:
"Destroy the dragon, take back your homeland." Is this part of Gandalf's goodbye speech to the company? Or is it for another scene?

Also we can see Bilbo picking up the ring while covering his mouth in horror, while he is ... scared? Terrified? Why?

We can also see Thorin threatening Bilbo by pointing his sword at him and pushing him back, why? Does Thorin know of Bilbo's intentions?

Joe20
Lorien

Nov 6 2013, 1:00am

Post #2 of 6 (590 views)
Shortcut
Re Gandalf's line.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that it's most likely from the heavily rumoured Bree prologue when he and Thorin meet up prior to the events of the first film.

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 6 2013, 1:21am

Post #3 of 6 (528 views)
Shortcut
Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post

1) Thought it was Gandalf's "goodbye" speech but when I think about it - hazy on the book, but that's kind of abrupt isn't it? Surely Gandalf (in the film) meant to go to the Lonely Mountain with them, and doesn't expect 14 short beings to take on a dragon without his help? "Kill the dragon" - with what, a bazooka? Guess I hafta wait for the film on that one.....

2) Had a discussion a while back about Bilbo, at first I thought he was terrified that he had lost it (e.g. he's already falling under the power of the Ring...) Which may be true, but now I think he might have witnessed the capture of the dwarves (looks like he was crying from pain or distress) and is thinking the daring idea of using the ring to follow the elves (hand over mouth, Bilbo knows it might work.....but this is a big deal as he'll be taking on ELVES and may have heard by then that the Mirkwood elves are very dangerous and/or they are the ones the dwarves of Erebor had a problem with.)

3) Hmmm, that's been discussed when the trailer came out, suggested there are the first hints of dragon - sickness, plus Bilbo IS the "burglar" and let's face it, Thorin must be pretty stressed out AND he wants the Arkenstone - so think he's suspicious and paranoid by this time - we don't see what happens before this, so maybe Bilbo was rooting around for something and Thorin saw him looking for something - or he's just in the wrong place with all that treasure. And/or it's really making Thorin nervous that this "burglar" (even if Bilbo did save Thorin) seems to disappear and appear - will the dwarves know by that time, in the film, that Bilbo has a special ring? As of AUJ, Bilbo hasn't explained how he got through the goblin tunnels, and we've seen him kind of lie by omission to Gandalf.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 6 2013, 8:19am

Post #4 of 6 (281 views)
Shortcut
I still believe... [In reply to] Can't Post

... That the ring will be connected to hearing the spiders. Maybe he realizes there that the ring does more to him than just getting invisible.

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Nov 6 2013, 10:00am

Post #5 of 6 (218 views)
Shortcut
Sure? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are we sure that voice is Gandalf's?
I found it unclear in the trailer who is speaking.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 6 2013, 10:03am

Post #6 of 6 (213 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was talking spiders ;) Maybe a misunderstanding?^^

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.