Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Casting questions

Salmacis81
Grey Havens

Nov 5 2013, 11:41am

Views: 808
Shortcut
Casting questions Can't Post

So what exactly is the deal with Thrain being portrayed by Sir Antony Sher? Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? I heard it was mentioned a few months ago in some magazine feature, and haven't heard anything since. So I wonder if it was just some BS poor journalism...

Also, Conan Stevens...have we heard anything about him? I know of the interview that TORn posted a few weeks ago, but anything other than that? Some of the rumors are suggesting there is evidence that Mr. Steven's Bolg has been turned into a CGI mo-cap role and given to another actor, which I think would be a real shame. Mr. Stevens sacrificed his Game of Thrones role to go and work for Peter Jackson, so I really hope he hasn't been dropped after all this time.

(This post was edited by Salmacis81 on Nov 5 2013, 11:43am)

Subject User Time
Casting questions Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 5 2013, 11:41am
    Mike Mizrahi Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 5 2013, 11:46am
        The riddle of the Thrain actor DjU Send a private message to DjU Nov 5 2013, 3:51pm
            Terry Notary played Yazneg? Carne Send a private message to Carne Nov 5 2013, 4:02pm
                In the Appendices. DjU Send a private message to DjU Nov 5 2013, 4:09pm
            Maybe the confusion comes from Action Thrain versus Dramatic Thrain Oin K Send a private message to Oin K Nov 5 2013, 5:16pm
    Sher was mentioned in Empire Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Nov 5 2013, 12:28pm
        Ok... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 5 2013, 1:03pm
            I know Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Nov 5 2013, 1:16pm
                I guess... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 5 2013, 1:28pm
    Conan Stevens macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 5 2013, 12:49pm
        I think I'd have preferred he stayed with GoT as well... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 5 2013, 1:23pm
        thing is. deskp Send a private message to deskp Nov 5 2013, 1:35pm
            Yup Carne Send a private message to Carne Nov 5 2013, 2:10pm
    So Conans left GOT for TH? Smeagol Bagginsess Send a private message to Smeagol Bagginsess Nov 5 2013, 6:28pm
        He cut off Christopher Lee in AUJ, too! Cillendor Send a private message to Cillendor Nov 5 2013, 7:43pm
        I'm sure location and remuneration were driving factors in his decision... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 5 2013, 9:48pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.