Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
An Orc at War

Rembrethil
Grey Havens

Nov 3 2013, 8:39pm

Views: 165
Shortcut
An Orc at War Can't Post

How might the life of ordinary orcs have looked? Could they be shockingly similar to us?

Without further adieu, another twisted imagining from my somewhat macabre mind.

Found in the archived records of the Sauron Sentinel-- the former premier paper of Mordor.

(Start archived text. Issue# 5.675)

Personals:

For the notice of G---k in the ranks of the Luzburg Legion. Dearest G. It seems like years since we have seen each other. I only write now to tell you important news. A baby is here now, your own sweet monster, and he is growing. His first fangs came in faster than any other orc-ling, and he bites anyone who comes near him. I am SO proud!! He has your cunning sneer and long arms, he is perfectly hideous!! Just like a little you! Please respond soon so that we may make suitable arrangements.

#Orc-erMom

(Found in the next week's issue. #5.676)

Shut up woman!! Just shut up!! How do you know he's mine now?! Answer that!! And what do you mean writing like this, in the middle of a war!!! The boys might just figure out who "Dearest G." Is, then I'd NEVER get above sub-maggot rank!! Just shut yer hole, and keep the spawn until I can get a look at him. By Barad-dr, you'd think we were raising a prize pig if you go on about his looks!! So he can bite, but can he use his claws yet, hmmm...?? Just give him the classical education I had. It's put me on a good path. Biting, Beating, and Bellowing, they're all the basics that he'll need. Make sure that he does AND gets a lot of each. My father was always ready to 'educate' me, and a good job he did too, until I broke the beating rod over HIS head. He did the bellowing then!!!! I'll scrawl a few more nasty notes if I can. Getting past the captain( may his gizzards rot!)to post this is not easy. Keep him and keep quiet!!

#justorcingaround

(End of recovered text)

Further investigation may uncover more details of this amazingly domestic affair.

Call me Rem. Rembrethil is a lot to type!!

Subject User Time
An Orc at War Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Nov 3 2013, 8:39pm
    Beautiful! But - sador Send a private message to sador Nov 4 2013, 7:32am
    Excellent! // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Nov 6 2013, 6:31pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.