Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Arwen drawing

Earendur

Nov 3 2013, 3:55pm

Post #1 of 14 (274 views)
Shortcut
Arwen drawing Can't Post

...very exited to finally join these messages boards! (wonderful being among so many fellow Tolkien enthusiasts) - here`s an Arwen drawing I recently completed,would love to know what you think...Andy:}

(This post was edited by Earendur on Nov 3 2013, 4:00pm)

Earendur

Nov 3 2013, 4:18pm

Post #2 of 14 (217 views)
Shortcut
Arwen drawing [In reply to] Can't Post

...having a bit of trouble uploading the image! - I`m clicking on "choose file",the file is uploaded,but then it`s not showing up on my message when it`s been posted - can anyone help? (it`s the right size,under 45kb)...Andy:}

(This post was edited by Earendur on Nov 3 2013, 4:22pm)

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 3 2013, 4:25pm

Post #3 of 14 (198 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Earandur! [In reply to] Can't Post

If the image is located on the internet (deviant art, photobucket, etc.), you could just provide a link to it. Otherwise, try this tutorial hosted by one of our family, Magpie: TORn Image Posting Guide.

I'm looking forward to seeing your picture of Arwen. Good luck! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Earendur

Nov 3 2013, 6:30pm

Post #4 of 14 (186 views)
Shortcut
thank you!! [In reply to] Can't Post

;many thanks for the welcome Altaira,and for the helpful advice (lovely to be here!) - hopefully this works:}

(This post was edited by Earendur on Nov 3 2013, 6:35pm)
Attachments: arwen.jpg (41.5 KB)

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Nov 3 2013, 7:33pm

Post #5 of 14 (177 views)
Shortcut
I'm no artist, [In reply to] Can't Post

and I can't give you any kind of useful feedback, so I'll just say that's a wonderful drawing of Arwen.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Psalm 27:2

Earendur

Nov 4 2013, 8:53am

Post #6 of 14 (159 views)
Shortcut
thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

;thanks Meneldor! - nice of you to say so:}

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Nov 4 2013, 7:03pm

Post #7 of 14 (137 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

My only complaint is that there isn't more to the picture. How long did it take? Do you usually draw ME-related things? What do you do with you art? Where does your inspiration come from?

Call me Rem. Rembrethil is a lot to type!!

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Nov 4 2013, 7:19pm

Post #8 of 14 (139 views)
Shortcut
Incredible! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart You captured her eyes perfectly.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Wink

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

Earendur

Nov 4 2013, 9:02pm

Post #9 of 14 (131 views)
Shortcut
;thanks very much! [In reply to] Can't Post

;many thanks for the compliment Rembrethil,much appreciated!...I can see what you mean with regards to perhaps wanting more detail,but I deliberately set out with this drawing to just try to convey a fleeting glimpse of Arwen,it`s a fair comment though on your part;it took a few hours,can`t quite remember exactly how long as it was a few weeks back,I like to work quickly though,that way you put life into the portrait...when I started out as an artist I drew almost exclusively Middle-Earth themed subject matter,now it`s just a small part but it`s what I enjoy most (just finished work on Cryptozoic`s forthcoming Hobbit art card set which was a big honour to be part of)...I always sell my art,it`s what I do so I can never afford to keep it,much that I`d like to...and inspiration? - I just try to keep on improving with each new day,I would say that`s my biggest inspiration...Andy:}

Earendur

Nov 4 2013, 9:06pm

Post #10 of 14 (130 views)
Shortcut
;thanks for the welcome:} [In reply to] Can't Post

;thanks for the warm welcome FaramirAndEowynMorningStar,lovely to be here:}...I`ll try and post a few more pieces soon!

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Nov 4 2013, 9:30pm

Post #11 of 14 (137 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome - but, please, just call me MorningStar [In reply to] Can't Post

almost everyone does. Wink

I look forward to seeing some more of your work. Smile

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

RosieBaggins
Rivendell

Nov 12 2013, 9:32pm

Post #12 of 14 (106 views)
Shortcut
Woww.... [In reply to] Can't Post

That is so pretty. Good job!

Beware the shiny
They are there to steal your heart.
You must just say no.

On another note, wonder what obscure holiday it is today? No? Of course you do! That is why I have created This calender to tell you! Enjoy. I take suggestions if I missed your favorite holiday.

Earendur

Nov 13 2013, 9:54am

Post #13 of 14 (114 views)
Shortcut
:} [In reply to] Can't Post

;thanks Rosie!

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Nov 7 2014, 9:36am

Post #14 of 14 (80 views)
Shortcut
Arwen [In reply to] Can't Post

blank test

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.