Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
got tickets to london event
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

book Gandalf
Rohan

Nov 1 2013, 6:54pm

Post #1 of 26 (246 views)
Shortcut
got tickets to london event Can't Post

im in shock, and worried im too old for things like this lol

god know who ill take with me ! ha

anyone else?

(sorry for repeat posts on this matter)

This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 1 2013, 7:04pm

Post #2 of 26 (198 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! That is great news? [In reply to] Can't Post

Too old? Never. Enjoy yourself, and have as much fun as you can. Smile

I've been too slow to get any of the tickets. Are they just advertised on The Hobbit facebook page, or do I need to keep my eye out elsewhere?

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 1 2013, 7:18pm

Post #3 of 26 (196 views)
Shortcut
I have tickets for NY, BG [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just worried about getting there in time! I know these things are overbooked so am planning on maybe 3 hours early? You?

And there is no 'too old' for this sort of fun! SmileCool

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

book Gandalf
Rohan

Nov 1 2013, 7:38pm

Post #4 of 26 (200 views)
Shortcut
yip [In reply to] Can't Post

daniel- pretty much just the hobbit page. i think you have to be very lucky to get them. but this time around they advertised the time they would give them away, so a very quick copy and paste of the pin number on a pre logged in showfirstfilm.com . bam.

brethil, ill just get there as late as possible. i have a ticket so im very confident they wont fill it.

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 1 2013, 8:28pm

Post #5 of 26 (177 views)
Shortcut
Have a wonderful time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yip is right!!!! Smile

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 1 2013, 8:37pm

Post #6 of 26 (189 views)
Shortcut
Deep envy here [In reply to] Can't Post

of both you and bookGandalfUnsure

But I will be stoical- and- with this post, it looks like I'm entering into Gondor at last! Just as well, since I was getting a bit saddle sore with all this riding around Rohan!!FrownWink

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 1 2013, 9:49pm

Post #7 of 26 (193 views)
Shortcut
(*peering*) That shade of envy-green suits you so well... [In reply to] Can't Post

..it goes with your bluebell glade.Laugh

Planning on getting there early so no issues on getting in (I hope.) I shall post a report!!!!!

Many Congrats on entering Gondor!!!!! Angelic

Kim
Valinor

Nov 2 2013, 12:02am

Post #8 of 26 (160 views)
Shortcut
I'm so jealous! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's fantastic you got tickets! I seriously considered booking a flight, but that's just a little too far for a quick trip.

Very much looking forward to your report!

Kim
Valinor

Nov 2 2013, 12:05am

Post #9 of 26 (160 views)
Shortcut
looks like you and I will be the same shade of green [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh well, green is my favorite color.Laugh

Congrats on making it to Gondor!

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 2 2013, 12:07am

Post #10 of 26 (168 views)
Shortcut
It was a very happy email Kim... [In reply to] Can't Post

Fortunately for me its just a quick train ride into the City. Going in the next night for Godot on B'way with Sir Ian and Sir Patrick Stewart! Angelic

A real Perfect Nerdvana kind of week if I do say so myself!!!!! Smile

cats16
Valinor

Nov 2 2013, 12:38am

Post #11 of 26 (159 views)
Shortcut
Have fun!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 2 2013, 1:05am

Post #12 of 26 (182 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Cats!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure it will be!!!!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 2 2013, 5:57pm

Post #13 of 26 (139 views)
Shortcut
"Nerdvana"! Love that term! [In reply to] Can't Post

But how in the world you're ever going to function the rest of the week, with such a geek overload on the first two days... Shocked

We expect two full, heavily-detailed reports from you, you know! Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 2 2013, 6:12pm

Post #14 of 26 (148 views)
Shortcut
Good question Dernwyn: I ... don't ... know .... !!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But how in the world you're ever going to function the rest of the week, with such a geek overload on the first two days... Shocked

We expect two full, heavily-detailed reports from you, you know! Wink

Its going to be a challenge! Thankfully my only work day is Sunday so I can be a happy, tired veggie for the rest of the week!!!! (and then gear up for the TAS).

Rest assured, reports will be forthcoming! So excited for the play, from what I have read of the London reviews the two esteemed Sirs have done one of the best performances of Godot ever!!! AngelicSmileCool

mulubinba
Rivendell

Nov 3 2013, 7:31am

Post #15 of 26 (144 views)
Shortcut
Sydney [In reply to] Can't Post

Be grateful you don't live in Oz. Winners for one of the comps won't be announced until tomorrow morning our time which excludes people from interstate and regional NSW given travel times/arrangements; Hoyts didn't advertise very prominently on the sites they advised us to watch, and some of us found out about their competition (apparently they had one), after the closing time.

Plenty of us would have been willing to travel to Syd for this event if we'd won/been able to get tickets. Very disappointed.

(This post was edited by mulubinba on Nov 3 2013, 7:33am)

book Gandalf
Rohan

Nov 3 2013, 12:33pm

Post #16 of 26 (132 views)
Shortcut
hope [In reply to] Can't Post

i hope they give away the hobbit extended editions ;)

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Nov 3 2013, 3:05pm

Post #17 of 26 (124 views)
Shortcut
Hooray for both of you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a wonderful time! Cool

I've heard they will be streaming live, but will there be a way to watch the whole thing later online? I'm working a closing shift and will be not be able to watch until I get home around 10:30pm EDST. Do you think they will have a link on The Hobbit page? I'd love to see what they did!

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 3 2013, 3:10pm

Post #18 of 26 (112 views)
Shortcut
THAT would be GREAT BG!!!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i hope they give away the hobbit extended editions ;)

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 3 2013, 3:12pm

Post #19 of 26 (124 views)
Shortcut
I would think they link it to the Hobbit fan site [In reply to] Can't Post

Since its going on YouTube anyway, no reason to keep it locked down (I hope!!).

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Nov 3 2013, 9:07pm

Post #20 of 26 (109 views)
Shortcut
I don't think you need to be there *that* early [In reply to] Can't Post

With the passes sent out by TORn, you're guaranteed a seat so long as you are there at least an hour in advance. I suppose the earlier you get there, the better the seat! - but I don't plan to be there much more than an hour and a half in advance!

Waiting in line with fellow fans is always fun anyway. But I don't think you need to be chilly in NYC (if the line is outside!) for three hours! Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Nov 3 2013, 9:35pm

Post #21 of 26 (101 views)
Shortcut
Demosthene's post on how to watch online [In reply to] Can't Post

This post should help you know what you need! Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Nov 3 2013, 9:51pm

Post #22 of 26 (95 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will tune in when I get home that night. I wish I could have gone but at least this way we won't miss seeing the goodies!

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 3 2013, 9:55pm

Post #23 of 26 (93 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Greendragon! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok! that advice helps a lot! I was a bit anxious about getting in (can you tell?) LaughLaugh

Thanks again for hosting the contest and getting these passes out there - you guys are *the best*!!! Heart (Maybe see you there!)

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 4 2013, 5:34pm

Post #24 of 26 (82 views)
Shortcut
In case anyone checks here - I'm hearing you *should* get there early [In reply to] Can't Post

I've heard from reliable sources that the events are overbooked, so everyone should try to get there as early as possible in case they have to turn people away. This was apparently printed on the tickets, so hopefully this is old news.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

book Gandalf
Rohan

Nov 4 2013, 5:58pm

Post #25 of 26 (74 views)
Shortcut
huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

is this for th elondon event aswell, i havnt seen anything in th eticket details that says to get there early. just says doors open 9pm?

its a long way to go just to get turned away, especially if you won a ticket!!!!!!! not so great a fan event if that happens!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.