Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Puck's at it again

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 30 2013, 12:21am

Post #1 of 16 (261 views)
Shortcut
Puck's at it again Can't Post

http://puckworks.blogspot.com/...ump-and-bramble.html

This is the guy who posts/leaves LOTR (and other geek?) sourced material in the NYC subway system.

He posted on the boards here, once, as well.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...?username=Puckworks;

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

demnation
Rohan

Oct 30 2013, 4:25am

Post #2 of 16 (156 views)
Shortcut
The spokesman for the transit authority has a point [In reply to] Can't Post

These posters are probably inconveniencing a great many people every day. As wonderfully amusing as they are, it is perhaps time to stop or at least move them elsewhere. (Just my two cents. And at least a part of me secretly hopes that he doesn't stop.)

The world is full enough of hurt and mischance without wars to multiply them.

Puckworks

Oct 30 2013, 11:24am

Post #3 of 16 (147 views)
Shortcut
Inconveniencing? Only a few people... [In reply to] Can't Post

The MTA would have many people believe what I'm doing is a major disruption. But, the REAL problems happening the subway system are far greater then what I'm doing. Crime is on the raise on the subways. Crazys pushing people onto the tracks. Stabbings and a 14 year old boy went missing recently. If people take these signs as "Real" subway notices, It's the problem of the persons lack of understanding of the world they are living in and their lack of humor.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2013, 1:09pm

Post #4 of 16 (137 views)
Shortcut
These signs are awesome, Puck [In reply to] Can't Post

And I agree - it's hard to understand how anyone could be inconvenienced by them.

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

demnation
Rohan

Oct 30 2013, 1:23pm

Post #5 of 16 (132 views)
Shortcut
You certainly would know more about it than I ever could [In reply to] Can't Post

Please accept my sincere apologies. I live about as far away from New York as you can get, so I took (perhaps foolishly) the official at his word.

The world is full enough of hurt and mischance without wars to multiply them.

Puckworks

Oct 30 2013, 2:16pm

Post #6 of 16 (128 views)
Shortcut
No apologies and other things... [In reply to] Can't Post

No apologies and/or offense taken my friend. Smile

The MTA is narrow minded when dealing with artists. Instead of embracing said artists and working together some how. They vilify them. We're easy targets. I'm sure where you live, there are people like that too.

Plus, to be fair. The head of the MTA has to says something against me to look like they are angry with me.

There are a number of transit works and some supervisors that love my work! Cheers mate!

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 30 2013, 2:19pm

Post #7 of 16 (112 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I love these! They always make me smile. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 30 2013, 2:46pm

Post #8 of 16 (121 views)
Shortcut
I love random attacks of art [In reply to] Can't Post

Yours are so well done they are a delight and they would make my day to run across them.

I agree that officials in charge have to play a part, sometimes and may not be so similarly minded in private moments.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

RosieBaggins
Rivendell

Oct 30 2013, 3:11pm

Post #9 of 16 (112 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow this is great! [In reply to] Can't Post

If I found this on a subway system, I would take photos of it :P That is just great stuff there.

Just a steward's son
Strong in some ways weak in one
Redeemed in the end.

On another note, wonder what obscure holiday it is today? No? Of course you do! That is why I have created to tell you! Enjoy. I take suggestions if I missed your favorite holiday.

Puckworks

Oct 30 2013, 3:24pm

Post #10 of 16 (107 views)
Shortcut
Thank you RosieBaggins! [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2013, 3:43pm

Post #11 of 16 (101 views)
Shortcut
No such thing as bad publicity, [In reply to] Can't Post

right? Seems like they're sort of doing you a favor when they vilify you. I'd like to think they're doing that on purpose, taking the official hardline stance with a "nudge nudge wink wink", deliberately playing the sheriff of Nottingham so you can be Robin Hood. That's what I'd like to believe, anyway!

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 30 2013, 4:19pm

Post #12 of 16 (91 views)
Shortcut
Keep 'em coming, Puck!! *high five* // [In reply to] Can't Post

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Tintallė
Gondor

Oct 30 2013, 6:17pm

Post #13 of 16 (83 views)
Shortcut
Bravo! Here's to being a light in dark places! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Puckworks

Nov 2 2013, 8:03pm

Post #14 of 16 (46 views)
Shortcut
Thank you... [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor. I'd like to think they secretly "like" me. Adam Lisberg the NYC Transit spokesman is following me on Twitter with his personal account. Hmmmm. I feel all warm inside.

Puckworks

Nov 2 2013, 8:05pm

Post #15 of 16 (41 views)
Shortcut
I will... [In reply to] Can't Post

..do just that grammaboodawg. Thanks!

Puckworks

Nov 2 2013, 8:07pm

Post #16 of 16 (59 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Tintallė! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was the whole point of this project when we started this adventure. -Puck

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.