Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Script Pages in the EE

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 29 2013, 11:51am

Views: 998
Shortcut
Script Pages in the EE Can't Post

I used to do that in a German board 10 years ago and thought some might like it as well.

In the EEs they often film and show pages of the script that were later changed, didn't make it into the movie, were written for auditions (as the one below) or will come later in the trilogy.

Maybe we could write down some of them :)

I will start with one from the extras regarding Thorin's Fellowship. At 2.17 we can read:

BILBO
Why did you come? If that's how you
feel, why didn't you stay at home?

GLOIN
Stay at home? Stay at home? What do
you take me for, an armchair axeman
who does all his fighting with
stories and songs?
I have followed Thorin Oakenshield
all of my life through battles
and brawls and famine and death. He is
family. And where I come from you
don't give up on family no matter
how stupid they are. This quest is
nothing but the pipedream of a mad
man. Our chances of survival are
slim to none.
But if we are to die, we'll die defending
each other, because that, [..]

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Oct 29 2013, 12:00pm)

Subject User Time
Script Pages in the EE Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 29 2013, 11:51am
    Original Ending... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 29 2013, 12:27pm
        That scene was when it was 2 hours into AUJ as opposed to ending the film sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Oct 29 2013, 1:39pm
            I know... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 29 2013, 1:42pm
        A small quibble for me Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Oct 29 2013, 2:29pm
        Feel completely opposite, just sayin' Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Oct 29 2013, 3:25pm
    Aidan Turner's audition reveals a bit of this character(?) Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 29 2013, 5:28pm
        Potentially... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 29 2013, 5:46pm
            And if "some elf" is someone other than Thanduil Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 29 2013, 6:06pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.