The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
November 4th, what can we expect? :)

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 28 2013, 4:36pm

Post #1 of 21 (1303 views)
Shortcut
November 4th, what can we expect? :) Can't Post

We know we will get to see snippets from the movie! Will we finaly see some Beorn in action? Or something else? Necromancer maybe? or just Elves and/or Dwarfs?

I hope we will not get too see Smaug :( but i woun't complain either :)

So tell me, what can we expect from PJ and friends? :)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 4:41pm

Post #2 of 21 (677 views)
Shortcut
I guess... and hope a new vlog with first snippets from Howard Shores DOS score :) [In reply to] Can't Post

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Oct 28 2013, 4:41pm

Post #3 of 21 (664 views)
Shortcut
Things I want [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Bilbo vs Spiders
2. Beorn in Action
3. Gandalf in Dol Guldur
4. Necromancer
5. Dwarves in battle

Remus
Lorien

Oct 28 2013, 4:52pm

Post #4 of 21 (630 views)
Shortcut
I dont want a scene with the Necromancer [In reply to] Can't Post

as a sneak peek, then i would have gone crazy. But i do want is a confirmation from PJ we will see Gandalf meet the Necromancer in DoS. Then i can rest in peace. :)

Because everyone talks about Benedict being Smaug, and no one else is even mention him/asking him questions about the Necromancer, makes me really worried. Like the Necromancer will show his face like in AUJ to Radagast... BUT we do have confirmation Benedict IS VOICING the Necromancer. But it could only be in the last movie. MadMad

But i really wanna see that, i wanna see that scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dûr and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

-My thoughts on the best ending scene/post credit scene on TABA.

book Gandalf
Rohan

Oct 28 2013, 4:53pm

Post #5 of 21 (664 views)
Shortcut
pjs surprise [In reply to] Can't Post

though i dont care to much for clips (id rather wait till watching the film) or for the actors (idont need to know what there favourite colour is) i am interested in merchandise and goodies lol so i wonder what pj meant by..

'...But for those that do show up in the cinemas... let's just say that I'm going to have a special "thank you" from me for making that extra effort'

what does that mean?

This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 4:56pm

Post #6 of 21 (604 views)
Shortcut
Do not really want to see much more... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but what would be really cool would be the revelation of a major soundtrack theme or even the credit song.

“A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of men’s imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Oct 28 2013, 5:31pm

Post #7 of 21 (568 views)
Shortcut
See? Nothing. Hear? Now there's something to talk about. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't really care to see too much more. I'm already excited enough as it is, I'd hate to have more "minor" spoilers and what not.

But what I DO want to have is a snippet here and there of some new music by Howard Shore. That would really get me going, but in a new direction. We've seen plenty, but heard nothing.

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 28 2013, 6:40pm

Post #8 of 21 (494 views)
Shortcut
Coins? [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ would hand out Erebor coins from the set? They seem to have an awful lot of them, tho sounded fussy about actors etc. taking them - RA said they only gave him one, but JB seemed to be sneaking some in his boots according to GM.
Free copies of the EE?

Dipling
Lorien

Oct 28 2013, 6:41pm

Post #9 of 21 (534 views)
Shortcut
Katie Jackson [In reply to] Can't Post

wrote on twitter, that it is going to be epic.
So they are preparing something special.

(This post was edited by Dipling on Oct 28 2013, 6:42pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 6:53pm

Post #10 of 21 (486 views)
Shortcut
Leaving my macbook ready [In reply to] Can't Post

On Nov 4th I'm going to have to leave my macbook on and ready fro when I get home. That way I don't miss too much when I get home from work.

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Oct 28 2013, 7:02pm

Post #11 of 21 (481 views)
Shortcut
An announcement of a new Vlog - remember, he promised us one? [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope we get to see some of Beorn's place - and perhaps Beorn himself - along with some Mirkwood and Thorin. Wink

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 28 2013, 7:33pm

Post #12 of 21 (455 views)
Shortcut
Maybe even some surprise guests? [In reply to] Can't Post

With such a large ensemble cast, I wouldn't be shocked to see some 'unexpected' visitors. We've been told the actors who are announced to be at various locations, but they could have a guest or two.

Olorin2607
Lorien

Oct 28 2013, 7:49pm

Post #13 of 21 (422 views)
Shortcut
Could.. [In reply to] Can't Post

...also mean that only those in the cinemas get to see new footage.

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Oct 29 2013, 1:17am

Post #14 of 21 (322 views)
Shortcut
I really want [In reply to] Can't Post

the theme song.

OrphanOfNumenor
Bree

Oct 29 2013, 2:18am

Post #15 of 21 (303 views)
Shortcut
Online [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this event something that can be watched online or will we have to wait until later to find out what happened?

Edit: I just remembered Google exists so I found my answer :) http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110674

Edit2: How do I make links clickable? Sorry, new to the forums :)

"The Men of the Sea send before them a great cloud, as a rain turned to serpents, or a black hail tipped with steel."

(This post was edited by OrphanOfNumenor on Oct 29 2013, 2:22am)

OrphanOfNumenor
Bree

Oct 29 2013, 2:33am

Post #16 of 21 (296 views)
Shortcut
My guess [In reply to] Can't Post

would be a scene from DoS, possibly the prologue (which I think will be a flashback of some kind involving dwarves, or perhaps something with Gandalf from before the quest began). I remember something similar before Fellowship came out. I think they showed the entire Chamber of Mazarbul scene, and I remember my brain exploded from the pure epicness.

"The Men of the Sea send before them a great cloud, as a rain turned to serpents, or a black hail tipped with steel."

(This post was edited by OrphanOfNumenor on Oct 29 2013, 2:34am)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 29 2013, 3:57am

Post #17 of 21 (286 views)
Shortcut
What's this? Snippets, wat clips. This is the first I am hearing, tell me more, and when and where, please. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
We know we will get to see snippets from the movie! Will we finaly see some Beorn in action? Or something else? Necromancer maybe? or just Elves and/or Dwarfs?

I hope we will not get too see Smaug :( but i woun't complain either :)

So tell me, what can we expect from PJ and friends? :)

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Moahunter
Rohan

Oct 29 2013, 4:57am

Post #18 of 21 (253 views)
Shortcut
Maybe Azog and Bolg will make a guest appearance? [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that would be a real treat
ICW
etc
etc

Bernhardina
Rohan

Oct 29 2013, 9:00am

Post #19 of 21 (229 views)
Shortcut
No more scenes please!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't want more spoilers!!!!!!! I just hope we get to hear from the actors how they liked shooting the movie and some behind the scenes clip, and perhaps a sneakpeak of Beorn in action. Oh and I really hope they answer fan questions like they did last time.

Boromir: ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY WALK INTO MORDOR...

Gandalf: FLY, YOU FOOLS!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 29 2013, 5:23pm

Post #20 of 21 (173 views)
Shortcut
I hope it's not too big of a suprise... [In reply to] Can't Post

...because I'm not going to pay money for a ticket to see a fan event in the theater when I can watch it for free at home via the live stream. Sorry, PJ, but I have to save that money so I can see the actual movie in the theater!Unsure

My favorite speech from the entire LOTR series: Sam:“It’s like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was after so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances at turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.” Frodo: “What are we holding on to, Sam?” Sam: “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for!”

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 29 2013, 5:29pm

Post #21 of 21 (207 views)
Shortcut
If there are going to be clips... [In reply to] Can't Post

...then I hope there isn't much new footage, and anything that is new is really short because we need something to be saved for the movie. Perhaps they could show some of the same clips that they had in the live event back in March, except they could be the finished versions instead of just the actors on green screen? That way they would sort of be new but they wouldn't be too spoiler-y (is that even a word?)

My favorite speech from the entire LOTR series: Sam:“It’s like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was after so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances at turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.” Frodo: “What are we holding on to, Sam?” Sam: “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for!”

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.