Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New poster

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 9:26am

Post #1 of 21 (1298 views)
Shortcut
New poster Can't Post

Parts of this poster were already released as a new puzzle from Ravensburg but I don't remember seen a complete poster of it. For now I only noticed it on the German Amazon but I'm sure it will be released in a couple of days (hours) worldwide.

Here it is:

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/...os-fire-cb210864.jpg

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Oct 28 2013, 9:27am)

Shagrat
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 9:29am

Post #2 of 21 (514 views)
Shortcut
Great poster [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd have left out the second Bilbo at the bottom but apart from that it's very nice.

And no Elves!

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 28 2013, 9:29am

Post #3 of 21 (520 views)
Shortcut
That's gorgeous.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Was it one of the jigsaws? I don't remember it, though there was one with Bilbo and the dwarves. But I thought that was different.

Thranderz
Rohan

Oct 28 2013, 9:42am

Post #4 of 21 (510 views)
Shortcut
Nice poster! [In reply to] Can't Post

I also could of done without the second Bilbo, but I still like it. Lieutenant, I've always wondered where you got your profile picture from! Did you make it? Smile

I simply walked into Mordor.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 9:47am

Post #5 of 21 (520 views)
Shortcut
Yes I did it myself because I wanted something unique [In reply to] Can't Post

after I just took a picture of AUJ-Saruman and a Nazgl-statue from Dol Guldur.

Actually I only used a little bit of photoshop to combine two amazing images into one :) Thanks for noticing :)

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Oct 28 2013, 11:58am

Post #6 of 21 (400 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful, but isn't the same character appearing twice [In reply to] Can't Post

on the same poster a bit awkward? They've done it before, too.

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 11:59am

Post #7 of 21 (387 views)
Shortcut
Great many thanks for doing this [In reply to] Can't Post

Just the characters I want to see on the posters for these films!

dave_lf
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 12:15pm

Post #8 of 21 (369 views)
Shortcut
It looks like the dwarf statue is making a rude gesture and they pixelated it. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 12:24pm

Post #9 of 21 (376 views)
Shortcut
ugh... [In reply to] Can't Post

This looks badly arranged imho... Very puzzle like (came from a puzzle originally I think).

I rather have nicer arrangements including some made up characters than this with two main ones ;)

A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of mens imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold. J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

Thorin's Oakenshield
The Shire

Oct 28 2013, 12:34pm

Post #10 of 21 (367 views)
Shortcut
I doubt that this is an official poster [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so sloppy and poorly put together. Looks more like something that you'd see on the back of an action figure box.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 12:36pm

Post #11 of 21 (359 views)
Shortcut
As I wrote before it was used as a puzzle ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Oct 28 2013, 12:36pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 1:18pm

Post #12 of 21 (322 views)
Shortcut
That's cool [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really liking the posters for DOS more than AUJ.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 1:48pm

Post #13 of 21 (308 views)
Shortcut
Actually, I think LieutenantofDolGuldur put it together, as he stated above [In reply to] Can't Post

I like it although perhaps I would have replaced the bottom image of Bilbo with Thranduil just to avoid duplication of a character.

In Reply To
It's so sloppy and poorly put together. Looks more like something that you'd see on the back of an action figure box.

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Oct 28 2013, 1:50pm)

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 1:58pm

Post #14 of 21 (294 views)
Shortcut
Why not using one of the Dwarves instead? [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the image of them climbing that desolated mountain so why don't put one of our more important Dwarf characters like Kili, Fili, Balin, Dwalin or Bofur there? This poster seems to be more focused on Erebor and the gold... Thranduil would be out of place.

Actually I like this image of Bilbo too.. but as you and many others mentioned before: Bilbo is already on that poster...

Perhaps this is an answer to our: Where is THE HOBBIT? demands? Tongue

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 2:03pm

Post #15 of 21 (293 views)
Shortcut
Yes, perhaps you are right about Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

Although he also seems to like his bling.

And yes, now we get an excess of Hobbits. :)

In Reply To
I like the image of them climbing that desolated mountain so why don't put one of our more important Dwarf characters like Kili, Fili, Balin, Dwalin or Bofur there? This poster seems to be more focused on Erebor and the gold... Thranduil would be out of place.

Actually I like this image of Bilbo too.. but as you and many others mentioned before: Bilbo is already on that poster...

Perhaps this is an answer to our: Where is THE HOBBIT? demands? Tongue

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 2:16pm

Post #16 of 21 (278 views)
Shortcut
Can't help it ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin looks very biblical to me in this. Maybe because he no longer has his big fur collar?

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 2:28pm

Post #17 of 21 (267 views)
Shortcut
Haha Jesus Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes... there is something of Jesus or Moses especially because he wears this brown workers coat.

Let's see how many times he will be referenced as a biblical character because of his look in the future :D

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 28 2013, 2:38pm

Post #18 of 21 (259 views)
Shortcut
Ooh, I saw this one on a box somewhere... [In reply to] Can't Post

It must have been for the puzzle. I can't remember. But, yeah, Thorin... lol... *looks at Tumblr* ...the references have probably already started. *pulls out a pad and pencil* This will be fun to keep track of... Evil Laugh

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 2:49pm

Post #19 of 21 (245 views)
Shortcut
wall art, definitely - buying! [In reply to] Can't Post

loved this since the game box came out - don't hate the lower part but thinking framed, the bottom might be a good place to display some of those NZ stamps, with some of the wonderful calender images tucked in here and there.

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 3:29pm

Post #20 of 21 (223 views)
Shortcut
Is the smaller image of Bilbo him holding the map? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

Bladerunner
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 11:31pm

Post #21 of 21 (120 views)
Shortcut
Thorin can't catch a break ;0). [In reply to] Can't Post

When he's not being compared to a Klingon, or to Aragorn, or to Boromir, or to....

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.