Bombur EE - Priceless!

NazgulHobbit
The Shire

Oct 27 2013, 1:43am

Post #1 of 13 (1769 views)
Shortcut
Bombur EE - Priceless! Can't Post

Please make a clickable out of it!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/13902cf28d56b231241b37fffc80ac04/tumblr_mv7h22huoS1s5ars1o3_500.jpg

Third hobbit movie feels... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread.

MechaGodzilla
Rivendell

Oct 27 2013, 1:49am

Post #2 of 13 (984 views)
Shortcut
Oh dear [In reply to] Can't Post

That's arousing. Heart

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2013, 1:58am

Post #3 of 13 (978 views)
Shortcut
so does he actually [In reply to] Can't Post

go nude in the EE scene??

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

(This post was edited by Altaira on Oct 27 2013, 2:51am)

Bishop
Gondor

Oct 27 2013, 2:25am

Post #4 of 13 (826 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

That picture sure does give you a sense of how scale and body type are adjusted with the use of prosthetics. Out of context it's pretty funny.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 27 2013, 2:34am

Post #5 of 13 (761 views)
Shortcut
I think I need to go scrub my eyes now... // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 27 2013, 2:48am

Post #6 of 13 (845 views)
Shortcut
Here ya go. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombur in Beard Only

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 27 2013, 2:53am

Post #7 of 13 (795 views)
Shortcut
Spoilers edited out of subject lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Please let's keep in mind that many people don't have the EE yet. If we keep spoilers out of subject lines, people can still enjoy the general discussion without having their enjoyment of the upcoming EE spoiled.

Thanks!! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2013, 4:00am

Post #8 of 13 (736 views)
Shortcut
Wow. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's amazing the effect those prosthetics have on proportion.

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Oct 27 2013, 4:27am

Post #9 of 13 (802 views)
Shortcut
The Naked Truth [In reply to] Can't Post

(look away now to avoid...spoiler...)

He does indeed, and even does a nude "cannonball" in the fountain. Not to worry though, the whole thing is CGI, though it looks quite real, another technical milestone for Weta Digital.

In Reply To
go nude in the EE scene??

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2013, 4:39am

Post #10 of 13 (739 views)
Shortcut
yes indeed... [In reply to] Can't Post

i just feel sorry for the poor WETA digital artist who had to spend hours rendering that big naked dwarf

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Oct 27 2013, 4:44am

Post #11 of 13 (708 views)
Shortcut
calender [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if this is a preview of that Sexy dwarf calendar they made for PJ lol gross

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 27 2013, 8:09am

Post #12 of 13 (627 views)
Shortcut
Is it jus' Bomby? [In reply to] Can't Post

But, Bombur's Braided Beard...

Seems Anatomic-COMIC-cally,
Correct?

Downstairs...

Is THAt
an Illusion?

or Stephen's
REAL Thingie?

"Only WARDROBE Knows"...

BOMBY is Bombur's
BEST Bud, &
EVEN..I don't KNOW?

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2013, 9:41pm

Post #13 of 13 (306 views)
Shortcut
Agreed 0.o // [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite speech from the entire LOTR series: Sam:“It’s like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was after so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances at turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.” Frodo: “What are we holding on to, Sam?” Sam: “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for!”

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.