Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Just more of Lee Pace being fabulous as Thranduil!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 26 2013, 9:18pm

Post #51 of 63 (782 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, it seems there is Cape envy brewing in Rivendell... [In reply to] Can't Post

Gotta love Elrond's flounce! Wink

In Reply To

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 26 2013, 10:46pm

Post #52 of 63 (741 views)
Shortcut
Lol! Where are you people finding these things?// [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite speech from the entire LOTR series: Sam:“It’s like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was after so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances at turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.” Frodo: “What are we holding on to, Sam?” Sam: “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for!”

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 26 2013, 10:50pm

Post #53 of 63 (769 views)
Shortcut
I see Elrond instantly has to try to emulate Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

He must be a very jealous Half-Elf.

Nice one.

elaen32
Gondor

Oct 26 2013, 10:59pm

Post #54 of 63 (737 views)
Shortcut
What about... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Sweet Thransvestite"?WinkEvil

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 26 2013, 11:00pm

Post #55 of 63 (738 views)
Shortcut
That's really quite something! [In reply to] Can't Post

Some people really have a natural gift for writing parodies and that one was very good! Kinda wish I hadn't watched the accompanying video though...now I know what people mean when they say there are some things you just can't un-see!Crazy

My favorite speech from the entire LOTR series: Sam:“It’s like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was after so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances at turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.” Frodo: “What are we holding on to, Sam?” Sam: “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for!”

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 26 2013, 11:53pm

Post #56 of 63 (715 views)
Shortcut
*(giggle*) oh very good...// [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 26 2013, 11:54pm

Post #57 of 63 (715 views)
Shortcut
Oh no! But glad you liked the parody! R-T *is* quite gifted! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Some people really have a natural gift for writing parodies and that one was very good! Kinda wish I hadn't watched the accompanying video though...now I know what people mean when they say there are some things you just can't un-see!Crazy

(As a long time RHPS fan, I watch it at least once a year! Cool)

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2013, 1:19am

Post #58 of 63 (699 views)
Shortcut
Haha... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Oct 27 2013, 1:57am

Post #59 of 63 (714 views)
Shortcut
Those look fabulous! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait to see Lee Pace as Thranduil! I hope that robe flip is in the film. He looks so masterful and powerful when he does it, like he means business. Love his design and that staff is cool!

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Oct 27 2013, 1:58am

Post #60 of 63 (691 views)
Shortcut
HA! HA! Love this! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 27 2013, 2:28am

Post #61 of 63 (695 views)
Shortcut
Thorin's Majesty vs. Thranduil's Sass? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, it's been done: http://thorinissomajestic.tumblr.com/...-basically-the-movie

Caution: This blog celebrates Thorin's majesty and is seriously addictive. Laugh

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Oct 27 2013, 4:55pm

Post #62 of 63 (596 views)
Shortcut
LOL!! Oh this is choice! I can just hear Tiny Tim singing Tip Toe Through The Tulips [In reply to] Can't Post

What is it with these elves and their obsession with clothing? LOL!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Mikah
Lorien

Oct 27 2013, 11:06pm

Post #63 of 63 (578 views)
Shortcut
It is official.... [In reply to] Can't Post

You guys are crazy! lol. Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.