Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DoS Deluxe Soundtrack Cover
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Shagrat
Gondor

Oct 26 2013, 10:52am

Post #1 of 42 (1413 views)
Shortcut
DoS Deluxe Soundtrack Cover Can't Post

Too big to put here I think. Love the purple:

http://www.amazon.com/...dtrack/dp/B00FFT1BJ0

cats16
Valinor

Oct 26 2013, 11:01am

Post #2 of 42 (687 views)
Shortcut
Love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't expect purple, but it looks great. Can't wait for it.

elanor_thefair
Bree

Oct 26 2013, 11:34am

Post #3 of 42 (650 views)
Shortcut
Gorgeous! // [In reply to] Can't Post

!

Thranderz
Rohan

Oct 26 2013, 12:06pm

Post #4 of 42 (699 views)
Shortcut
I honestly thought [In reply to] Can't Post

that they would choose purple for TABA. Purple signifying royalty and nobility.

I simply walked into Mordor.

Fleuz
Lorien

Oct 26 2013, 12:36pm

Post #5 of 42 (647 views)
Shortcut
Thought so too [In reply to] Can't Post

But a more cyan…ish color could work just fine for TABA:
http://images.stockfreeimages.com/...sfi/free_8324715.jpg

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 26 2013, 12:49pm

Post #6 of 42 (617 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

That looks awesome. I am definitely going to get this one!

Thranderz
Rohan

Oct 26 2013, 1:30pm

Post #7 of 42 (587 views)
Shortcut
I'm not a huge fan of that cyan, [In reply to] Can't Post

though I wouldn't mind a lemon yellow or a dark grey! Wink

I simply walked into Mordor.

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Oct 26 2013, 1:37pm

Post #8 of 42 (583 views)
Shortcut
That would be a lovely colour for TABA... [In reply to] Can't Post

Though, as Thranderz said, I would have expected purple for TABA and cyan for DoS...

Oh well... *shrugs* I just hope Peter knows what he's doing (concerning the films, and his choices of colours). Wink

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Oct 26 2013, 1:50pm

Post #9 of 42 (566 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Very nice... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't thought of purple for TABA at all, I reckoned it more likely to be gold, with grey or silver for DoS....but this is nice!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 26 2013, 3:00pm

Post #10 of 42 (521 views)
Shortcut
Love It [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for finding that. Wish Amazon would hurry up and put it on order.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Oct 26 2013, 3:02pm

Post #11 of 42 (534 views)
Shortcut
Cool [In reply to] Can't Post

so the Themes for the films are

FOTR: Green (for the shire and newness)
TTT: Red (the danger has never been higher)
ROTK: Blue (endings and sorrow)
AUJ: Brown (rustic)
DOS: Purple (royal)

so I'm guessing for TABA light blue for happy endings and clear skies lol

Lost Hobbit
Rivendell

Oct 26 2013, 3:45pm

Post #12 of 42 (505 views)
Shortcut
Seems like [In reply to] Can't Post

the box of the extended edition of the film will also keep the same colour.

Elutherian
Rohan

Oct 26 2013, 5:26pm

Post #13 of 42 (463 views)
Shortcut
I'm hoping TABA will be Pure White. [In reply to] Can't Post

Like so:

http://integrityfinishes.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/white-leather-texture.jpg

The Grey Pilgrim, they once called me. Three hundred lives of men I walked this earth, and now I have no time...

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Oct 26 2013, 5:36pm

Post #14 of 42 (462 views)
Shortcut
So...am I the only one looking forward to this album more than the film itself? [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush

That's not to say I'm not looking forward to the movie (cause I certainly am), but if there was one aspect of AUJ that entirely lived up to the standard set by LotR, it was Howard's score, as represented on the album release. I got chills down my spine listening to the CDs last year. Masterful scoring. Smile

As for the cover art, wow! Purple was unexpected, but a nice choice. I'm already anticipating seeing that cover on my iPod underneath AUJ. Cool

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Oct 26 2013, 5:38pm)

Skaan
Lorien

Oct 26 2013, 5:50pm

Post #15 of 42 (443 views)
Shortcut
You're not alone [In reply to] Can't Post

The music is also the thing which i'm looking forward to the most in the upcoming movies Wink. Especially now with all the new characters and places which will bring loads of new themes. I'm also very curious to hear the NZSO's work, and how it might give us a new, unique 'sound' compared to the previous scores.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 26 2013, 6:15pm

Post #16 of 42 (436 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

I was looking forward for the first Hobbit movie and the score but actually I was even more looking forward to the music. Why? Perhaps because I hear the music more often than seeing the films. After watching the movies a couple of times I had enough for half a year or so. But the score... well I could hear it every day at least once and it wouldn't be too much.

I bought the SE-Soundtrack the day it was released.
I bought the regular Bluray a couple of days after it's release... Well even a few weeks I guess. But I don't know it if it was because I had seen the movie in cinema that many times and I'm still waiting for the EE?

The point is: The score is at least one of the most important parts of the movies for me. Especially if it's released a couple of days earlier than the movie we can (again) start guessing what which using of each theme could imply. And even more interesting: Which new theme and cue represents which new character or location? This time it's even more thrilling because we'll meet so many more characters and places.

The only bad pont about it is: When you heard the score before watching the movie you get used to it and you enjoy and love it and you're even looking forward to hear it in the cinema and then... it's replaced with tracks from the LOTR score... well but that's the risk you take ;-)

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 26 2013, 6:30pm

Post #17 of 42 (454 views)
Shortcut
Okay so this is really important (to me at least) Here's a theory: [In reply to] Can't Post

As most of you know, each film has had its own colour coding on all merchandise and the Extended Editions have followed these colours:

FotR - Green
TTT - Red
RotK - Blue
AUJ - Brown

So far DoS has been Cyan. And now the soundtrack is purple, so it seems at first to be inconsistent... BUT!

If we look at the "Complete Recordings" for LotR we find that the colour coding is mixed:

FotR - Red
TTT - Blue
RotK - Green

So using this evidence I think Purple is in fact the colour for TaBA and DoS's Extended Edition will be Cyan, like the merchandise. No idea why the soundtracks change the colours around, but there you go! That's my theory Smile

Absolutely love the purple, though. Looks fantastic!

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 26 2013, 11:02pm

Post #18 of 42 (370 views)
Shortcut
Doug Adams commented on color coding... [In reply to] Can't Post

The green color coding on FOTR was established way later than the first limited soundtrack (red). Then the soundtrack producers decided just to rotate the existing colors.

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

FoundEntwife
Rivendell

Oct 26 2013, 11:53pm

Post #19 of 42 (325 views)
Shortcut
Love the color! Quite unexpected. [In reply to] Can't Post

I signed up for my notification immediately at the 'zon.

This tale grew in the telling. . .

http://pencilword.blogspot.com

(This post was edited by FoundEntwife on Oct 26 2013, 11:54pm)

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Oct 27 2013, 3:53am

Post #20 of 42 (285 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

There was another limited soundtrack besides the complete recordings?

I thought the only FOTR soundtrack that even used red packaging was the complete recordings, which came out years after the entire trilogy was already finished. The green color for FOTR was established in 2001-2002 when all of the merchandise was just coming out.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Oct 27 2013, 4:13am

Post #21 of 42 (289 views)
Shortcut
Each original soundtrack release... [In reply to] Can't Post

...was accompanied by a limited edition release. Special leather packaging, with an expanded booklet and alternate disc art (and RotK included a special DVD on Howard's scoring process).

The colors used on these editions (Red for FotR, Blue for TTT, & Green for RotK) were then repeated on the Complete Recordings.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Oct 27 2013, 4:18am)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2013, 4:14am

Post #22 of 42 (270 views)
Shortcut
Don't forget [In reply to] Can't Post

the Limited Edition LotR soundtracks (the leatherette ones) in red for FotR, black for TTT and Green for RotK. Don't know what that means, but they look cool.

(This post was edited by sauget.diblosio on Oct 27 2013, 4:16am)

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 27 2013, 4:27am

Post #23 of 42 (285 views)
Shortcut
you can see an accounting of all the editions on my website. [In reply to] Can't Post

Follow the link in my footer and find a link in the left side navigation frame for "CD Editions"

There were limited editions and internet limited editions for TTT and ROTK. The musical content was the same for each movie's limited edition and internet limited editions. But the ILE had more bling (collectible cards or stamps) and they were different colors.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Oct 27 2013, 4:28am)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Oct 27 2013, 4:58am

Post #24 of 42 (257 views)
Shortcut
Oh great, thanks Magpie... [In reply to] Can't Post

You just had to link to all those great editions and pictures, pushing me into a whirlwind of nostalgia, didn't ya? Tongue

Now I'm here listening to the original RotK album, getting all misty-eyed. Blush

(side note: oh my god, it really has been ten years since I first listened to this CD! Where does the time go?! Unsure)

- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Oct 27 2013, 5:05am)

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Oct 27 2013, 4:33pm

Post #25 of 42 (198 views)
Shortcut
Weird [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no idea how I never even knew those existed.Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.