Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Official Introduction & Welcome Thread
First page Previous page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

RedHatGirl

Oct 1 2013, 11:40am

Post #401 of 666 (108971 views)
Shortcut
hellooo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello I'm RedHatGirl and I'm 16 years old. I found out about TORn at the Tolkien track for dragoncon. In fact you might have seen me on the live stream wearing my red hat (Gandalf did give me my phone back and he's my dad so it's not to wierd.) Well anyways I've been a lifelong lotr fan and so yeah hi!

Faeverith

Oct 10 2013, 11:28pm

Post #402 of 666 (107628 views)
Shortcut
Hi! ^_^ [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm Beth, known online in many, many guises, but I've been Faev since 2011 in LOTRO, so I decided to keep the identity here ^_^

My route to TORn is a bit roundabout: I was utterly unable to finish LOTR in high school (pleasedon'thurtme!) and it wasn't until after the films came out that I was able to get back into it. I started playing Lord of the Rings Online a couple years ago, and it actually got me a lot more interested in the background of Middle Earth. So I finally finished reading LOTR about a year ago, and now I'm reading through The Silmarillion!

About myself: I'm American, educated in Scotland, now living in Iceland; I used to live in Atlanta, GA, but we do not speak of such things. I share a high-rise apartment overlooking the view of Snæfellsjökull to the north with my boyfriend and two manic cats. I used to do mediaeval reenactment with a company in Scotland, and I still have my swords! I like to tell people I'm a professional geek :3

A couple of you miiiiight remember me from here. I have a black mohawk, these days. This is me at work.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 10 2013, 11:58pm

Post #403 of 666 (109216 views)
Shortcut
*gasp* Unable to finish LoTR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

That was an impressive outfit - Danish, was it? Hey, did you pack it, or is it still in my basement?

(Yeah, you've got a lot of stuff to go through, next time you're home! Laugh)

Welcome to TORn, my eldest! Smile Any problems, just contact your friendly Admins (Angelic).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Kim
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 2:59am

Post #404 of 666 (109577 views)
Shortcut
Hi Faeverith, don't worry [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't finish LOTR the first time I read it either, and didn't actually finish until I re-read them after the movies came out. So you're not the only one!

And don't worry, I've been to Atlanta (in July no less), so we need not speak of it. Tongue

Welcome to TORn!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 11 2013, 3:01am

Post #405 of 666 (109714 views)
Shortcut
p.s. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cute avatar!

You didn't want to use this for one...? Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Attachments: alterego2.jpg (18.1 KB)

Faeverith

Oct 11 2013, 12:14pm

Post #406 of 666 (107914 views)
Shortcut
Such an old drawing... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just fond of the Gaia chibis. So cute!

Also, the dress was Viking, and I brought it with me. But yes, I need to retrieve the rest of my stuff from your basement. I need my comic books!

(May need to leave the swords with you, though, the Ielandic government is quite restrictive about such things.)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 2:22am

Post #407 of 666 (108687 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, and well-re-met! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in that first picture in the pink jacket.

Remember the fabulous glass blower that made a drinking horn in your honor, at least partly because you had the first authentic costume he'd seen that day (or in years, possibly!)?

Roam around and enjoy yourself!

Maybe you can stage a re-enactment seminar in our new city-state of Tolkienia! ( http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=645401#64540 )

Velkominn! SmileSmileSmile

Kalimac
Bree

Oct 19 2013, 12:26pm

Post #408 of 666 (108611 views)
Shortcut
Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I'm Kalimac, or Kali. I find languages very interesting, and that's what got me hooked on Tolkien. (That, and a certain hobbit named Peregrin Took.) I've read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and the Silmarillion (but I always get tongue tied and talk about the silmalirion). I signed up to TORn so I wouldn't need to bother the people I knew in real life with my thoughts on Tolkien anymore.
It's a pleasure to make your collective acquaintances.

Faeverith

Oct 20 2013, 2:14pm

Post #409 of 666 (107641 views)
Shortcut
Well re-met, indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I do remember! If I'd had the money I would totally have taken that drinking horn home, because it was a fantastic creation.

I'd be happy to do that at some point, although most of my resources are still in a box in Dernwyn's basement ^_^

Nimloth
Lorien

Oct 21 2013, 2:34am

Post #410 of 666 (107269 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Kilimac [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure you will feel very much at home here. Smile

Wayward
The Shire

Oct 25 2013, 1:08am

Post #411 of 666 (107784 views)
Shortcut
A triumphant return to an important world [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings, humans, hobbits, elves, wizards, dwarves, and other creatures.

I'm a 22 year old U.S. college student on the path to becoming a teacher.

I have been somewhat aware of TORn since I was in middle school. Having read the Hobbit in elementary school, I convinced my mother to take me to see the Fellowship film when it arrived in theaters (I was in fifth grade). It absolutely blew my mind. After that, I read the trilogy as quickly as I could and became captivated with the books/films, seeking any internet resources which could satiate my desire for more information. In 2006 I had the chance to briefly visit New Zealand, and I long to return someday. Various life adventures and pitfalls occurred since then, and I didn't keep up with developments much. Of course, I then saw AUJ last winter and was filled with childlike glee.

Anyway, my brain craves a return to all things Tolkien so I've joined the forums here! *takes a deep breath and puts out a plate of crazy awesome biscuits*

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2013, 2:07am

Post #412 of 666 (128643 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Jump right in - we're a friendly bunch. Smile Look forward to seeing you on the message boards.

Nimloth
Lorien

Oct 25 2013, 2:16am

Post #413 of 666 (137479 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Wayward! [In reply to] Can't Post

I followed the same course you did, starting with reading The Hobbit' in school. It wasn't until I saw FOTR that my obsession really kicked in and I've been a 'Ringer' ever since. Cool

Wayward
The Shire

Oct 25 2013, 12:37pm

Post #414 of 666 (135112 views)
Shortcut
Huzzah! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks muchly to both of you! I must say, I feel quite comfortable here already. I just hope I don't annoy any wiser ents by being too hasty.

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 25 2013, 5:59pm

Post #415 of 666 (130048 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, Wayward! You're in the right place. // [In reply to] Can't Post

henry9449

Nov 14 2013, 1:43pm

Post #416 of 666 (130333 views)
Shortcut
me [In reply to] Can't Post

avid Tolkien fan, biker, interested in historical references to the ring such as the ref. in the old bible texts left out
of the bible to Solomon ring of power

In Reply To

Nimloth
Lorien

Nov 15 2013, 1:14am

Post #417 of 666 (128881 views)
Shortcut
Mae Govannen henry9449 [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll have a great time here. Cool

henry9449

Nov 15 2013, 4:11pm

Post #418 of 666 (129929 views)
Shortcut
thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I still am confused on how to start a thread , begin a disussion any help my email is henry9449@gmail.com

Nimloth
Lorien

Nov 16 2013, 2:00am

Post #419 of 666 (110081 views)
Shortcut
New thread [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I still am confused on how to start a thread , begin a disussion any help my email is henry9449@gmail.com

If you go to the main forums menu and click into the category you think your thread is relevant to, eg Reading Room or Movie Discussion etc, you will see a 'Post New' button on the right hand side of your screen above the threads. Clicking on that will let you start your own thread. Wink

I hope that helps. Smile

DarkWixardAaron

Nov 17 2013, 10:34pm

Post #420 of 666 (107972 views)
Shortcut
Good to be here! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so glad to be here. i have been an Tolkien fan all my life. I hope i like it here and make new friends.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 17 2013, 10:36pm

Post #421 of 666 (108576 views)
Shortcut

Look forward to seeing you on the message boards. Lots of Tolkien fans here. Smile

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 17 2013, 10:38pm

Post #422 of 666 (108579 views)
Shortcut

Any time you have questions, just ask! Our Feedback forum is a great place to get advice from the admins, or other board members.

Sildarion~Valenar
Bree

Nov 18 2013, 6:08am

Post #423 of 666 (108836 views)
Shortcut
Hello. Just joined TORN. [In reply to] Can't Post

I look forward to knowing more of you folks. Smile

To sum up my views on the first Hobbit film:

- It's not the Phantom Menace.
- The CGI is worse than LOTR
- Is it Freeman playing Bilbo or the other way round?
- Best villain - Goblin King
- Re: Bestest villain - Gollum
- Thorin is good but Bofur's the best!
- Too much attention on Armitage. Must rectify in DOS
- Azog is a weird heterogenous mixture of General Mandible and old Voldy. (which is bad)
- How many times will SIM have to play Gandalf to win an Oscar????
- I'm a Serkis-freak
- Freeman = Best hobbit till date
- Will I watch DOS? Are you outta yer freakin' mind!!!! Sure I would.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 20 2013, 11:30pm

Post #424 of 666 (106989 views)
Shortcut

I was out of town, so just getting around to wishing you welcome and look forward to seeing you around the message boards. It's certainly an exciting time to be a Tolkien fan, isn't it?

AjaxMinoan

Nov 21 2013, 2:33pm

Post #425 of 666 (108356 views)
Shortcut
Hello, look forward to posting here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Umm, ditto to what I said above.Wink

First page Previous page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.