Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Beautiful video of Sams Speech.

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 6:21pm

Post #1 of 8 (326 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful video of Sams Speech. Can't Post

Like one of the comment says.

I had to punch the wall to feel manly again :(

https://www.youtube.com/...?v=R-R9XWEjXBo#t=170

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Thranderz
Rohan

Oct 27 2013, 10:32am

Post #2 of 8 (145 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was really good! I like videos like these. Can you recommend any other videos similar to this? Videos with LoTR music playing over clips from the whole triology etc.

Thanks for posting Smile

I simply walked into Mordor.

Wayward
The Shire

Oct 27 2013, 1:29pm

Post #3 of 8 (152 views)
Shortcut
Whew... [In reply to] Can't Post

Quite an overload of images I would not have necessarily pictured during Sam's delivery of this speech.

Nothing like an unexpected cry before (second) breakfast, eh?

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 28 2013, 2:12am

Post #4 of 8 (124 views)
Shortcut
THat was so beautiful!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

love the juxtaposition of images and the music and Sam's speech!!! :D

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

OopsyDaisy
The Shire

Oct 30 2013, 3:45pm

Post #5 of 8 (107 views)
Shortcut
just realised [In reply to] Can't Post

This made me smile and relise something i have never noticed before Smile When Frodo reaches into the water to save Sam from drowning in FOTR, it is like a glimpse into the future but vice versa, as we all know Sam reached down to save Frodo in Mount Doom! Loved how those two scenes were one after the other in this video! Does anyone think that PJ wanted to make that link with two similar shots or just a coincidence? Smile

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2013, 10:14pm

Post #6 of 8 (84 views)
Shortcut
I'm not ashamed to say I'm bawling my eyes out now [In reply to] Can't Post

I always cry during that speech but the addition of the other images made it even more powerful and touching! Kudos to the talented person who made that videoHeart

My favorite speech from the entire LOTR series: Sam:“It’s like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was after so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances at turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.” Frodo: “What are we holding on to, Sam?” Sam: “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for!”

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2013, 10:16pm

Post #7 of 8 (84 views)
Shortcut
Great observation! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't noticed it before but I think that may be exactly what PJ was trying to do!Smile

My favorite speech from the entire LOTR series: Sam:“It’s like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was after so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances at turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.” Frodo: “What are we holding on to, Sam?” Sam: “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for!”

elaen32
Gondor

Oct 30 2013, 10:49pm

Post #8 of 8 (102 views)
Shortcut
I'm pretty sure that was the intention [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
This made me smile and relise something i have never noticed before Smile When Frodo reaches into the water to save Sam from drowning in FOTR, it is like a glimpse into the future but vice versa, as we all know Sam reached down to save Frodo in Mount Doom! Loved how those two scenes were one after the other in this video! Does anyone think that PJ wanted to make that link with two similar shots or just a coincidence? Smile

I think that one of the writers mentions this symmetry in the commentary to ROTK, as far as I can remember.

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.