Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
The Walking Dead
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: The Walking Dead
Yes
No, and i dont plan to
No, but I do plan to
View Results (45 votes)

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 21 2013, 12:04am

Post #1 of 52 (365 views)
Shortcut
The Walking Dead Can't Post

Do you watch The Walking Dead? I think it is an amazing series!

No spoilers please, I am still on season 1!Crazy

demnation
Rohan

Oct 21 2013, 2:32am

Post #2 of 52 (235 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

It's alright, I suppose. I find the writing and acting to be pretty poor, even by TV standards; though I find both aspects to be much improved in Season 3.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 21 2013, 3:01pm

Post #3 of 52 (209 views)
Shortcut
I don't need to. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a friend who tells me all about it, pretty much every time I see her. I've never even seen an episode and I can tell you the names of the main characters and the general story line. She says that if you think it's amazing now, wait until you get to season 3.

That being said, zombies aren't really my thing. Tongue

batik
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2013, 9:13pm

Post #4 of 52 (205 views)
Shortcut
yep... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I've watched this one on the date of airing since Season 1, episode 1. (This as opposed to a couple of others that I started late and caught up via netflix). It's interesting to watch the survivors adapt to/struggle with "life after"; there've been a fair bit of moments that made me laugh out loud and cry; and...each episode seems to one up the previous one with regards to...oooooh, gross!

Kim
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 10:07pm

Post #5 of 52 (207 views)
Shortcut
No, and I don't plan to [In reply to] Can't Post

I can only handle zombies if they're funny (Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Warm Bodies). Too much gore just isn't my thing.

CuriousG
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 11:23pm

Post #6 of 52 (199 views)
Shortcut
Season 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

I liked Season 1, gave up on Season 2 because of the poor writing/acting you describe, but caught some of Season 3 and got hooked again. I think the new season is off to a good start. I'm not that interested in zombies but like post-apocalypse stories.

No spoilers? Okay, I won't reveal that the zombie plague originated from spoiled salmon mousse, but I suspected it all along.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 22 2013, 12:02am

Post #7 of 52 (195 views)
Shortcut
I've tried twice to watch it [In reply to] Can't Post

but it freaks me out (and then I dream of zombies, which I hate). I also like zom-rom-coms, though, and I admire the book World War Z (not so much the film).

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 22 2013, 5:59am

Post #8 of 52 (219 views)
Shortcut
You are right [In reply to] Can't Post

I found archival evidence.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Oct 22 2013, 3:41pm

Post #9 of 52 (191 views)
Shortcut
I can't stand zombies at all [In reply to] Can't Post

except for the ones in Terry Pratchett. And even those are iffy.

RosieLass
Valinor

Oct 22 2013, 4:53pm

Post #10 of 52 (184 views)
Shortcut
I'm with Aunt Dora. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't like zombies. Not even the funny ones.

Partly because they're too gruesome for my taste.

And partly because they are so popular right now that I find them tedious and overdone.

Sort of how I felt about vampires in recent years with the Twilight craze.

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 22 2013, 10:20pm

Post #11 of 52 (178 views)
Shortcut
I love TWD ThorinO-S! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sort of half-watched it the first year as zombies have been in my nightmares for thirty years (yes, I was phobic about them before they were popular.) Laugh

Since then I have gotten better about watching it, by simply forcing myself to watch it. I find the writing and acting to be a pleasure (I also love the comic) so that helps. Always look forward the new season starting.

(I also cured my cricket phobia by buying anole lizards. having to handle crickets for years to feed them fixed that problem.)

BTW your avatar rocks. Cool

(Do you have a favorite character ?)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 23 2013, 2:33am

Post #12 of 52 (148 views)
Shortcut
Four degrees of separation between this and the Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't care for zombies, but here's a bit of trivia...

One of the stars of The Walking Dead is Andrew Lincoln. Before he was on this show, he co-starred in the original Strike Back, a British six-parter which became the Cinemax Strike Back.

His co-star in the original Strike Back? Richard Armitage, who, of course, is in some Hobbit movie. Wink

So there's four degrees of separation between zombies and Dwarves. Tongue

(Cinemax is airing those original episodes starting this weekend, and they've led off with an interesting "introduction": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B74LI9D6CY. Warning: the show clips are violent.)

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 23 2013, 3:14am

Post #13 of 52 (142 views)
Shortcut
Neat connection Dernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the link! Cool

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 23 2013, 8:14am

Post #14 of 52 (150 views)
Shortcut
I really liked Andrew Lincoln in 'This Life' [In reply to] Can't Post

He played Egg, who was a bit of an egg, actually, but a nice one. People who missed this series in the 90's might enjoy it.

And guess what? I just had a quick flick through the cast list, and Martin Freeman appeared in an episode.

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 23 2013, 1:35pm

Post #15 of 52 (153 views)
Shortcut
I was really surprised to find out Andrew Lincoln... [In reply to] Can't Post

...had been in Love Actually. I had to go back and watch it to remind myself of his character.

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 23 2013, 9:29pm

Post #16 of 52 (123 views)
Shortcut
My favorite character is... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dale! I am not completely sure why. I just think he is very cool. By the way, i just finished season 1 on blu ray. Now THAT, was a good episode. I must get season 2!!!!!!

imin
Valinor

Oct 23 2013, 9:56pm

Post #17 of 52 (123 views)
Shortcut
Andrew Lincoln [In reply to] Can't Post

He also had a lead role in Channel 4's comedy - Teachers - great show, recommend it.

imin
Valinor

Oct 23 2013, 9:57pm

Post #18 of 52 (126 views)
Shortcut
Yes i watch it [In reply to] Can't Post

I am up to the latest episode but still think the first season was the best, but season 3 was definitely better than 2.

At first i found it hard to take Andrew Lincoln serious in it as i knew him from Teachers.

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 23 2013, 11:01pm

Post #19 of 52 (120 views)
Shortcut
I love Dale too [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Dale! I am not completely sure why. I just think he is very cool. By the way, i just finished season 1 on blu ray. Now THAT, was a good episode. I must get season 2!!!!!!

Tied with my boy Darryl.

Have you done the Who Are You? on the AMC site? Its fun! I always get Dale (so I guess that explains why I like him!) The webisodes are very good too - the one about Bicycle Girl is really very touching.

imin
Valinor

Oct 23 2013, 11:14pm

Post #20 of 52 (110 views)
Shortcut
Just took the test [In reply to] Can't Post

Result - Andrea.

Basically help people if you can but if it comes down to them or me, i pick me.

I had a go a couple of times and by just changing one answer it gave me Dale - basically share more, lol.

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 23 2013, 11:24pm

Post #21 of 52 (114 views)
Shortcut
Interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I had changed answers a bit too, but I've gotten Dale very time (so if I changed one I guess I compensated with another!) The scenarios are neat to think about - to actually picture what you would do.

I suppose it makes sense that their profiles would have a lot in common since they were drawn to each other on the show. Internal consistency? Laugh

imin
Valinor

Oct 23 2013, 11:31pm

Post #22 of 52 (113 views)
Shortcut
Just took the newer test [In reply to] Can't Post

Result - Rick. I think i agree with this most as i do think i would do almost anything for my family but i do believe on average people are good.

In the scenarios though what keeps going through my head is - would it be better for my family and me to take all the medicine and be ruthless or would we survive longer by being more social etc. Not the nicest thing to admit to but in those situations a lot of the time it feels like them or me.

Seeing as i am in the UK and pretty much no one has guns here, we would all be stuffed quickly!

I think Andrea got s*** done for dale and dale provided a voice of reason to andrea. Though i will admit i forgot who dale was until the results came up!

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 23 2013, 11:39pm

Post #23 of 52 (111 views)
Shortcut
Hello Rick. Nice to meet you.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Rick! I got him too this time.

(I strategized how to take as much of the meds as I could. Feel like its best to save those you have in front of you rather than hypothetical people that may never appear to use them.)

Forgot about Dale?!?! Thanks, buddy Andrea!!! TongueTongueLaugh (LOL don't want to say much about plots and such...)

And here we have an excess of guns it seems...we are good as long as the walkers don't learn how to use them!

(This post was edited by Brethil on Oct 23 2013, 11:40pm)

imin
Valinor

Oct 23 2013, 11:42pm

Post #24 of 52 (106 views)
Shortcut
That's for season 5 ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
we are good as long as the walkers don't learn how to use them!

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 23 2013, 11:45pm

Post #25 of 52 (109 views)
Shortcut
Oh boy - that would sooo suck! [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be all over at that point!!!! LaughLaughLaugh

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.