Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Where is the film?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

haarp
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 2:21pm

Post #1 of 42 (2776 views)
Shortcut
Where is the film? Can't Post

It's 22 October world wide, past in some cases, yet not a glimpse of advertising, not on any stores. What is going on?

Silmaril
Lorien

Oct 22 2013, 2:24pm

Post #2 of 42 (1374 views)
Shortcut
that's really strange.. [In reply to] Can't Post

i thought they want our money "exclusively" on Oct 22nd.

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 22 2013, 2:40pm

Post #3 of 42 (1309 views)
Shortcut
nada that I can see [In reply to] Can't Post

Haven't seen one commercial for the EE version - AND could not find any place but itunes to download from. (back to my original plan to wait it out) But NO commercials is kind of strange, every other DVD release is getting PR (Pacific Rim, Monsters, etc.)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 22 2013, 2:45pm

Post #4 of 42 (1316 views)
Shortcut
EE Commericals [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't recall seeing that many for LOTR back in the day.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Oct 22 2013, 3:38pm

Post #5 of 42 (1228 views)
Shortcut
I suspect WB changed the digital release date... [In reply to] Can't Post

...to coincide with the Blu-ray/DVD release on Nov. 5 (they uploaded a Stone Giants clip last night on Youtube with the release info stated as "Available on Blu-ray and Digital HD - November 5). I'm still surprised that it's not available for Pre-order on iTunes and the like. Most digital releases at least have a listing weeks, sometimes even months, before they are actually released.

Regardless, this removes the temptation for me. Which is good. I want to wait for the Blu-ray, but I was ready to cave - no doubt about it. Tongue

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

haarp
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 3:50pm

Post #6 of 42 (1165 views)
Shortcut
6 [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean I can't even find it on itunes

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Oct 22 2013, 4:08pm

Post #7 of 42 (1116 views)
Shortcut
It's... [In reply to] Can't Post

nowhere to be found. I suspect it may be up later today.

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 22 2013, 4:13pm

Post #8 of 42 (1066 views)
Shortcut
I cannot find it either [In reply to] Can't Post

I am in the United States, and I cannot find the EE digital on itunes or amazon at ALL. There isn't even a pre-order option for the EE either way, not even the hard copy.

So unfair! I have been looking forward to this for what seems like forever.

What in Middle-earth is going on??????????

Has anyone found anything out about why it hasn't shown yet? I would have thought it would have been released at midnight. It is now 9:13 am where I am at! And I am on the west coast!

Race is meaningless. We all bleed red-no matter who or what we are. What matters is the heart. For each race has those with good hearts and those with bad hearts. You have a good heart. You do not deserve to die.

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 4:17pm

Post #9 of 42 (1147 views)
Shortcut
It's found on the news [In reply to] Can't Post

I keep seeing news about today it is available for download but still nothing!! I am not pleased! Mad
If they want people to buy the &$^%#} movie then one would think they would give out correct information. Not only with the movie but the books also. Twice the books have been push back ....makes one scramble if they are being bought as a birthday giftUnsure
I am very close to canceling all my orders and just waiting too 'see' it online! While I don't normally do that I do feel somewhat jerked around as a customer. I understand things change but come on!!! I keep trying to buy it and can't seem to do the legal thing! Not to mention 1/2 of the world already has it...do they REALLY think they can control it and keep it off the internet? Crazy
Here's my advice to companies - if you don't want people getting your material online for free then have it available for everyone at the same time and when telling your customers it will be available at a certain date/time then HAVE it!!!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

shadowdog
Rohan

Oct 22 2013, 4:21pm

Post #10 of 42 (1038 views)
Shortcut
I have preordered [In reply to] Can't Post

the blue ray in the US from Amazon a couple of days ago.

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Oct 22 2013, 4:28pm

Post #11 of 42 (1057 views)
Shortcut
Like someone else on here said... [In reply to] Can't Post

warner bros. just uploaded a new add for it earlier today (no new footage) and it's odd because at the very end it says 'own it on Digital HD and Blu-ray on November 5th' It seems they may have changed the release date of the digital download to November 5th.

(in the description box below it does day it will be available for digital download starting at October 22) My bad. Perhaps it's crashing.

(This post was edited by ecthelionsbeard on Oct 22 2013, 4:35pm)

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 4:29pm

Post #12 of 42 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Its very strange [In reply to] Can't Post

The digital copy was definitely available at Itunes last night just after midnight here in the UK, I saw it was available and was planning on getting it today (there were a few people on these boards who downloaded it last night I believe) but now its not there. If the release date had changed why would it have been temporarily available and why hasnt there been any kind of announcement whatsoever? its all very odd, I have emailed Amazon to see if they can shed any light but not heard back from them yet. In terms of the hard copy I pre ordered the blu ray a while back from Amazon but its not released here until 11th November.

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

Lenbo
The Shire

Oct 22 2013, 4:34pm

Post #13 of 42 (1055 views)
Shortcut
This thread was regarding the DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. [In reply to] Can't Post

This very site posted news about the release date last week:

http://www.theonering.net/...dition-release-date/

It stated "The digital download will be available exclusively on iTunes from 22nd October"

So what we're wondering is - where is the digital download on the iTunes store? I'm hoping it will be up soon, but it's strange that it isn't up yet.

I'm in the US and the only thing that's advertised on the front store page for movies is the LOTR EE...

(This post was edited by Lenbo on Oct 22 2013, 4:36pm)

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 4:48pm

Post #14 of 42 (1016 views)
Shortcut
I saw the [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR extended edition on iTunes too...that was not there yesterday so I am thinking they put that there in place of the Hobbit??? Crazy
It would be nice to hear some news one way or another

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 22 2013, 5:25pm

Post #15 of 42 (980 views)
Shortcut
could someone in the US [In reply to] Can't Post

please let everyone know as soon as the EE is up on amazon or itunes?

As much as I would LOVE to spend all day waiting for it to show, I do have things that really need to be done....

Race is meaningless. We all bleed red-no matter who or what we are. What matters is the heart. For each race has those with good hearts and those with bad hearts. You have a good heart. You do not deserve to die.

DjU
Lorien

Oct 22 2013, 5:32pm

Post #16 of 42 (980 views)
Shortcut
I think it's been pulled [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the EE has been pulled from the iTunes store, I managed to download the movie last night but my Appendices have got stuck at 82% and will not resume. The listing for it has also disappeared.

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Oct 22 2013, 5:51pm

Post #17 of 42 (896 views)
Shortcut
Why??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why on earth would this be?

Melian61

Oct 22 2013, 5:52pm

Post #18 of 42 (953 views)
Shortcut
digital download missing in (in)action [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so frustrating - I keep thinking maybe it's set for a certain time, but nothing's happening. I've looked everywhere I can think of for some indication of why it's not up, but cannot find anything.

I second the request that someone alert us in the US when it's available, or when news comes out one way or another!

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 22 2013, 6:56pm

Post #19 of 42 (801 views)
Shortcut
only TORN as far as I can tell mentioned an exclusive [In reply to] Can't Post

because I was all over the net last night looking for a place to buy the download, and none of the articles I saw mentioned an i-tunes exclusive. Never thought I couldn't get it from Amazon......itunes won't work for me and it wasn't a fun way to spend time late at night.

Now I'm reading the whole thing was pulled. Should have listened to myself in the first place and just waited, instead of caving.

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 22 2013, 6:58pm

Post #20 of 42 (756 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course we WANT to purchase, but nobody likes being had, especially when you are a fan and most interested in all this.

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 7:11pm

Post #21 of 42 (761 views)
Shortcut
Where are you getting that information? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have not seen any official news of it being pulled. If you google The Hobbit and unexpected journey extended edition you will find several new articles about it being available for digital download today!
Not sure what has happened...not happy about it... Wish somebody would make an announcement as to what is up. Several other countries were able to download it... ??????

Salmacis81
Grey Havens

Oct 22 2013, 9:31pm

Post #22 of 42 (613 views)
Shortcut
Weird... [In reply to] Can't Post

Weird that they would do this without any sort of announcement. I'm not exactly disappointed as I was waiting for the November release anyway, but FWIW, I sympathize with those who were looking forward to yesterday's itunes release.

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 22 2013, 9:34pm

Post #23 of 42 (691 views)
Shortcut
found some more spoilers on extended scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.middleearthnews.comhas a spot that contains some wonderful spoilers of some of the extended scenes Smile

for anyone who is curious Smile

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 10:17pm

Post #24 of 42 (626 views)
Shortcut
Available on various Torrent sites [In reply to] Can't Post

Ain't going to say wich site.

People, if you are going to download, buy the movie also.

I for one will wait :)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Melian61

Oct 22 2013, 11:00pm

Post #25 of 42 (574 views)
Shortcut
digital download [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just so, so surprised that no official word has come down from on high, from ANYONE. Like many of us I was going to buy both the digital download and the dvds/blu-ray and don't intend to buy an unauthorized copy, but I'm just baffled. And it's especially baffling to me that the EE doesn't appear in either iTunes or WB for preordering in ANY format. It just doesn't make any sense.

(This post was edited by Melian61 on Oct 22 2013, 11:04pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.