Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Anyone else drooling over the new Zealand Stamps and coins?

RosieBaggins
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 11:55am

Post #1 of 7 (402 views)
Shortcut
Anyone else drooling over the new Zealand Stamps and coins? Can't Post

Cuz I definitely am! I am going to get the stamps, but can't afford the coins. Oh well. Anyone else excited?

I am the Voice of Books photo Voiceofbooks.gif
Gutenberg photo gutenberg_blog2.gif Librivox photo PD-librivox.pngBook Liberaion photo Book-liberation.png

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 22 2013, 12:28pm

Post #2 of 7 (232 views)
Shortcut
Yeah... [In reply to] Can't Post

...after buying some of the AUJ ones when being in NZ in March, I just had to order the next ones.

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 22 2013, 1:31pm

Post #3 of 7 (195 views)
Shortcut
Not too thrilled about the absence of Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

In favour of T and L.

See also post below with regard to the stamps.

In Reply To
Cuz I definitely am! I am going to get the stamps, but can't afford the coins. Oh well. Anyone else excited?

Elk2013
The Shire

Oct 22 2013, 1:37pm

Post #4 of 7 (184 views)
Shortcut
Pity the stamps didn't include Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd rather have a stamp of him instead of Tauriel. The gold cion is way too expensive for me and only 250 sets available worldwide!

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 22 2013, 1:42pm

Post #5 of 7 (193 views)
Shortcut
Definitely! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've made it a habit to get the presentation packs each time as they are a really nice package at a reasonable price. But very miffed about the absence of Thranduil - and Beorn from the DoS set. Maybe that will be rectified in the TABA sets...

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 22 2013, 2:44pm

Post #6 of 7 (146 views)
Shortcut
Put my order in [In reply to] Can't Post

and *fans self* over Thorin-in-leather. Also like they used image of Bilbo, but also think it was an EXTREME OVERSIGHT not to have Thranduil. *Sigh* why do the coins have to be so expensive? I'd love the dwarve set, but that's out of my reach.

Oleander Took
Rivendell

Oct 22 2013, 6:48pm

Post #7 of 7 (103 views)
Shortcut
Have to agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Already told my friend in New Zealand not to bother getting these for me, despite i like Thorin's Unsure

"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.