Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
ROTFL Ainur

Noria
Rohan

Oct 22 2013, 12:48pm

Views: 54
Shortcut
ROTFL Ainur [In reply to] Can't Post

However awesome and important Glorfindel was in the Elder Days, in the FotR he's a minor character, though still awesome. In movie terms he's a nonentity, IMO.

Orcs and Goblins, yawn. They don't do anything much for me but I recognize that they matter to others. We all focus on different things in the books and movies.

I greatly respect your Tolkien knowledge and scholarship but we look at the movies differently. For me they are somewhat different versions of Tolkien's books and what works in the books may not work in the movies. So I expect, and even enjoy some changes to canon.

Subject User Time
All the Love for Bolg IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Oct 21 2013, 12:41am
    RE Retro315 Send a private message to Retro315 Oct 21 2013, 12:44am
    Because he looks freakin' awesome... StarGodziller Send a private message to StarGodziller Oct 21 2013, 12:45am
    I don't have any particular "love" for the character Bolg... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Oct 21 2013, 1:01am
    Pretty much what the others have said MechaGodzilla Send a private message to MechaGodzilla Oct 21 2013, 1:11am
    Probably because he looks cool demnation Send a private message to demnation Oct 21 2013, 2:26am
    I think part of it has more to do with principle and logistics than with love of Bolg per se. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Oct 21 2013, 3:19am
    He looks cool and.... Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Oct 21 2013, 3:20am
    Thanks for that - you made me smile dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 21 2013, 7:46am
    I don't get it either. Noria Send a private message to Noria Oct 21 2013, 12:17pm
        *Hears the Glorfindel flap* AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Oct 21 2013, 10:30pm
            ROTFL Ainur Noria Send a private message to Noria Oct 22 2013, 12:48pm
                *Rolls eyes, but puts glove away.* AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Oct 22 2013, 10:58pm
    I think he looks awesome... elanor_thefair Send a private message to elanor_thefair Oct 21 2013, 12:36pm
    Maybe as a respite from all the freakin' Elves? RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Oct 21 2013, 4:55pm
    Because the character's look, and Conan Stevens playing him, means much awesomeness! sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Oct 22 2013, 12:00am
    Because he's, like, a total hunk! <3 Lio Send a private message to Lio Oct 22 2013, 1:34am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.