Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
The Breakfast Club

RachellovesLOTR
Rivendell

Oct 17 2013, 4:01am

Post #1 of 10 (163 views)
Shortcut
The Breakfast Club Can't Post

Any fans of this 80's movie? I really love it.

Kim
Valinor

Oct 17 2013, 4:47am

Post #2 of 10 (111 views)
Shortcut
Of course! John Hughes rules! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you seen Pitch Perfect? I really like the homage they paid to The Breakfast Club.

Although, I do have to say, Sixteen Candles is my favorite of the Molly Ringwald movies.

Smile

demnation
Rohan

Oct 17 2013, 4:57am

Post #3 of 10 (116 views)
Shortcut
I think it's a fine film [In reply to] Can't Post

Even though it really isn't my kind of thing. My favorite Hughes film is Planes, Trains and Automobiles, which is a bit more outside his wheelhouse.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 17 2013, 6:19am

Post #4 of 10 (114 views)
Shortcut
I liked it, [In reply to] Can't Post

but I liked Some Kind of Wonderful better.

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2013, 2:01pm

Post #5 of 10 (92 views)
Shortcut
PT&A is a classic...in fact...all of John Hughes movies are classics [In reply to] Can't Post

of their genre. Uncle Buck is another. John Candy was terrific at expressing emotion and pulling the audience into his characters.

The Breakfast Club resonates for the very reasons he made it...we all had an asst principal like Paul Gleason as Richard Vernon and knew students like those portrayed. And it still holds up pretty well. The clothing styles are not really atypical - maybe Claire's (Molly Ringwald) but the rest I see being worn today.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Oct 17 2013, 2:03pm)

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Oct 17 2013, 2:23pm

Post #6 of 10 (85 views)
Shortcut
And we cannot forget Ferris Bueller's Day Off.... [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 4:03pm

Post #7 of 10 (63 views)
Shortcut
I don't there's a Hughes Movie I dislike! [In reply to] Can't Post

My daughters were teens during the Hughes craze... and my eldest was SO Molly Ringwald! She still is! Pretty in Pink especially!

Yeah... we still have marathons when we get together. My g'kids have also just discovered those great flicks!

sample

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Heatherleawv
Bree

Oct 19 2013, 11:42pm

Post #8 of 10 (55 views)
Shortcut
Being [In reply to] Can't Post

a child of the 80s, I really enjoyed Breakfast Club, although I think I liked Ferris Bueller's Day off a little better.

Smile

All that glitters is not gold...

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2013, 4:59am

Post #9 of 10 (30 views)
Shortcut
Yep, especially the dance scene :) [In reply to] Can't Post

But I prefer Pretty in Pink - love Jon Crier as Ducky - and Planes, Trains, and Auto mobiles. Smile

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

Caralirani

Oct 22 2013, 9:08am

Post #10 of 10 (86 views)
Shortcut
John Hughes, grand master of teenage humor and angst [In reply to] Can't Post

Breakfast Club was the first John Hughes movie I ever saw, so it stuck for a bit, I liked Judd Nelson's character (he had that bad boy thing going on). But I love Ducky in Pretty in Pink (like his dance scene in the record store). But my all out favorite is Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Best quote in that whole film is at the end "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." Or the "I don't really believe in isms" quote

"A day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run, West of the Moon, East of the Sun." -Frodo Baggins

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.