Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Great images of Thorin (at last) on the DoS New Zealand stamps!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 5:41pm

Post #1 of 33 (1273 views)
Shortcut
Great images of Thorin (at last) on the DoS New Zealand stamps! Can't Post

And we have Bilbo on the FDCs.

http://stamps.nzpost.co.nz/thehobbit/desolation-of-smaug

Apologies if link not clickable.Smile

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Oct 21 2013, 6:00pm

Post #2 of 33 (578 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like Thorin's leather jacket! I don't think we've seen that before, have we? It has my sartorial stamp of approval. AngelicTongue

Thanks for posting this, Glorfindela.

"Our perennial spiritual and psychological task is to look at things familiar until they become unfamiliar again." --G. K. Chesterton

elanor_thefair
Bree

Oct 21 2013, 6:01pm

Post #3 of 33 (757 views)
Shortcut
I made it clickable for you ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

http://stamps.nzpost.co.nz/.../desolation-of-smaug

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 21 2013, 6:33pm

Post #4 of 33 (509 views)
Shortcut
Excellent, thanks for that.... [In reply to] Can't Post

and may I say what an enormous relief it is to have a thread that isn't about Bolg! Wink

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 6:41pm

Post #5 of 33 (505 views)
Shortcut
My budget [In reply to] Can't Post

is going to *bleep* in a handbasket thanks to #majestic Thorin & co. Nice - now where's the super-size poster?

Thank you for post, between the EE clip and this wish all Mondays had this kind of joy.

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Oct 21 2013, 6:49pm

Post #6 of 33 (508 views)
Shortcut
Yes, thanks for the reminder... [In reply to] Can't Post

I ordered the AUJ pack last yer and am please to have these safely ordered too...

Just a shame that Tauriel and Legolas get individual features instead of Thranduil! Frown

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Oct 21 2013, 6:51pm)

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Oct 21 2013, 7:30pm

Post #7 of 33 (441 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much for the clickie, Elanor [In reply to] Can't Post

And welcome to the boards! SmileSmile

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Oct 21 2013, 7:37pm

Post #8 of 33 (446 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link, Glorfindela! [In reply to] Can't Post

Really enjoyed seeing these. Wish I had a pen pal in NZ who could snail mail a letter to me with one (or however many it takes) of the Thorin stamps. (Any generous Kiwi TORnsibs willing to volunteer ...?) Really liking the leather vest outfit on our KUTM. Though if Mr. Oakenshield is going to insist on dressing like that in DOS, how am I supposed to pay attention to the story ???? Wink

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 7:53pm

Post #9 of 33 (460 views)
Shortcut
Leather. and chain mail..... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Though if Mr. Oakenshield is going to insist on dressing like that in DOS, how am I supposed to pay attention to the story ????"

A troubling thought - guess I'll just have to be set for multiple trips to the theater. And pay for the extra-large size drinks (which hopefully will come in a suitable souvenir cup) - NEVER thought the sight (or sound) of a movie character would make my mouth go dry. (And Fili and Kili don't look to shabby either in the banner togs - the heirs of Durin, indeed). Now, where's a new image of Thranduil?

elaen32
Gondor

Oct 21 2013, 7:57pm

Post #10 of 33 (418 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for posting, Glorfindela [In reply to] Can't Post

and I agree with all the comments re Thorin's leather jacket. Why does RA just look soooo good in leather?CrazyAngelic

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

elaen32
Gondor

Oct 21 2013, 7:59pm

Post #11 of 33 (416 views)
Shortcut
Just what I was thinking, Eleniel// [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Just a shame that Tauriel and Legolas get individual features instead of Thranduil! Frown

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Nimloth
Lorien

Oct 21 2013, 8:02pm

Post #12 of 33 (425 views)
Shortcut
No Thranduil.....again. [In reply to] Can't Post

*sigh*

elanor_thefair
Bree

Oct 21 2013, 8:08pm

Post #13 of 33 (397 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for the warm welcome, The Grey Elf! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 8:18pm

Post #14 of 33 (390 views)
Shortcut
Thanks very much for posting those images, Eleniel [In reply to] Can't Post

And yes, such a GREAT shame there's no Thranduil – rather more of the same 'elf' spam x 2.

These sets are remarkably consistent in terms of design – I have the ones for LOTR as well (ultimate collections for AUJ and ROTK, but don't know whether they were made for FOTR and TTT, for which I have all the stamp products but not as ultimate collections).

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Oct 21 2013, 8:24pm)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 8:20pm

Post #15 of 33 (378 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for making the link clickable, elanor-the fair [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been told how to do it (more than once), but promptly forgot again.

BlushCrazy

elanor_thefair
Bree

Oct 21 2013, 8:38pm

Post #16 of 33 (360 views)
Shortcut
Well, Glorfindela, I needed some post previews, since I'm new here on TORN Boards [In reply to] Can't Post

I put the url address between http://and. And it worked! Smile

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Oct 21 2013, 8:47pm

Post #17 of 33 (378 views)
Shortcut
It looks like Thorin has some great costume changes in DoS. [In reply to] Can't Post

Still looking forward to this one:

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/dos34.jpg

Kim
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 9:02pm

Post #18 of 33 (373 views)
Shortcut
I just don't think [In reply to] Can't Post

there's anything I can say about the Thorin stamp that would be appropriate for this family friendly site Evil

OK, I'll just have to go with "great images, indeed". Laugh

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Oct 21 2013, 9:31pm

Post #19 of 33 (319 views)
Shortcut
I have the presentation packs [In reply to] Can't Post

for TTT, RotK and, AUJ, and they all match in terms of quality, etc.. I missed out on the FotR pack so had to settle for mounted miniature sheets of the relevant stamps.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 10:05pm

Post #20 of 33 (293 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I've also got the presentation packs for all of them [In reply to] Can't Post

There was an extra presentation pack after the RotK one came out.

I also have all the miniature sheets, FDCs, postcards, individual stamp sheets, etc., for FOTR and TTT.

But I only have the ultimate collections (in folders) for RotK and AuJ so far. They each include the presentation packs, postcards, FDCs and every other stamp product issued.

In Reply To
for TTT, RotK and, AUJ, and they all match in terms of quality, etc.. I missed out on the FotR pack so had to settle for mounted miniature sheets of the relevant stamps.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 10:09pm

Post #21 of 33 (285 views)
Shortcut
Thanks very much, elanor–the fair. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm sure I'll forget again (brain like a sieve, you know).

And welcome to the forum.

In Reply To
I put the url address between http://and. And it worked! Smile

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 11:29pm

Post #22 of 33 (272 views)
Shortcut
appropriate description [In reply to] Can't Post

Smokin'. Just absolutely smokin'. Not as though Thorin wasn't always (epic eagle scene comes to mind) but dark chocolate leather? Love Thorin's pelt outfit but why didn't they use the stamp image in banner (it's OK, I'm just curious re graphics stuff)

Not to mention, what was the word Orly used in an interview "formidable actors on set". He wasn't talking about RA specifically but I absolutely believe RA was one of the actors he had in mind when he said that. That's an excellent description of RA as actor - formidable. But oh-so-classy. (Nice comment from OB, too re his fellow actors - respect that. Tho not too happy with him pointing an arrow at the dwarves......)

Just got finished ordering from NZ, and then I'll have to decide whether to offer off the Lego/Tauriel stuff - not being snarky here, just didn't want them, but have to think if this "ruins" a collectible pack.

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 21 2013, 11:32pm

Post #23 of 33 (253 views)
Shortcut
I want [In reply to] Can't Post

those cloak pins. Which look like handy weapons, at need. And oh, #majestic.

Old Toby
Gondor

Oct 22 2013, 5:38am

Post #24 of 33 (200 views)
Shortcut
Oooooo Thorin in leather and chainmail!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

***THUD***

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 22 2013, 11:30am

Post #25 of 33 (149 views)
Shortcut
You can order them directly from New Zealand Post, you know. [In reply to] Can't Post

If you check their website, you'll see that the stamp products, FDCs, etc., can all be bought individually, and they are not that expensive when purchased this way (only pricey if you buy everything from the range, as I do!). The NZ postal services are first class – in fact last year the folder that contained the ultimate collection I ordered was a bit bumped. I emailed them about this and they sent me a perfect replacement.

In Reply To
Really enjoyed seeing these. Wish I had a pen pal in NZ who could snail mail a letter to me with one (or however many it takes) of the Thorin stamps. (Any generous Kiwi TORnsibs willing to volunteer ...?) Really liking the leather vest outfit on our KUTM. Though if Mr. Oakenshield is going to insist on dressing like that in DOS, how am I supposed to pay attention to the story ???? Wink

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Oct 22 2013, 11:32am)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.