Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
EE Stills - Extreme Spoilers
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 11:46pm

Post #26 of 90 (840 views)
Shortcut
That's true. [In reply to] Can't Post

It at least fits in with those quite well. It is much cleaner than the bird poop. :-P

I was editing when you replied. I tried to edit it a bit making a joke at the end. lol

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 11:49pm

Post #27 of 90 (820 views)
Shortcut
lol [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

In Reply To
It at least fits in with those quite well. It is much cleaner than the bird poop. :-P

I was editing when you replied. I tried to edit it a bit making a joke at the end. lol

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 18 2013, 11:54pm

Post #28 of 90 (867 views)
Shortcut
That Dwarf [In reply to] Can't Post

Pic is stuck in me head! HELP!!

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 12:25am

Post #29 of 90 (781 views)
Shortcut
AH! I see now! Thank you!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Oct 19 2013, 12:30am

Post #30 of 90 (944 views)
Shortcut
More screencaps from the extended Thranduil scene in the prologue: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://31.media.tumblr.com/...Zv1rsejrzo1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/...Zv1rsejrzo2_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/...MZv1rsejrzo3_500.jpg

Kili
The Shire

Oct 19 2013, 1:57am

Post #31 of 90 (883 views)
Shortcut
I am in shock [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, it appears the rating wasn't joking. Fleeting nudity, indeed!

This puts me in an awkward position, as I normally watch the Hobbit with my dad. He's definitely looking forward to the EE. But I never told him about the rating, because I thought it would be a goblin or something pretty small, and I have no idea what he'll say to this. It may put him off the Hobbit entirely, which would be awful because I almost never have an excuse to watch the Hobbit without him.

The rest of the EE should be good though, so I will continue to hope. Smile

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 19 2013, 1:59am

Post #32 of 90 (772 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps [In reply to] Can't Post

You can edit out the scene? ;)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 2:03am

Post #33 of 90 (754 views)
Shortcut
I am betting your dad has seen bathing related nudity. [In reply to] Can't Post

lol. It ISN'T a sex scene. Just some joe average skinny dipping.

In Reply To
Well, it appears the rating wasn't joking. Fleeting nudity, indeed!

This puts me in an awkward position, as I normally watch the Hobbit with my dad. He's definitely looking forward to the EE. But I never told him about the rating, because I thought it would be a goblin or something pretty small, and I have no idea what he'll say to this. It may put him off the Hobbit entirely, which would be awful because I almost never have an excuse to watch the Hobbit without him.

The rest of the EE should be good though, so I will continue to hope. Smile

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Kili
The Shire

Oct 19 2013, 2:05am

Post #34 of 90 (709 views)
Shortcut
That would be nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
You can edit out the scene? ;)

Alas, I am not a technology wizard. Maybe Gandalf could lend a hand Wink

Kili
The Shire

Oct 19 2013, 2:09am

Post #35 of 90 (725 views)
Shortcut
Probably, but he can be picky sometimes. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've grown up very sheltered. I think the reason I'm worried is I've never actually had to deal with something like this so I don't know how he'll react. I'm feeling a little better though. Smile

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 2:35am

Post #36 of 90 (754 views)
Shortcut
Relax..Dwarve Nudity is Likely, Probably, HAS.. to BE.. [In reply to] Can't Post

CGI!
Tiny Naked Dwarves
are easy to do!
With computers
in 3D???

Where is it in our Actors Contract to STRIP?

BwaHA Ha HA...etc..
Bomby

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Oct 19 2013, 2:39am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 19 2013, 2:36am

Post #37 of 90 (714 views)
Shortcut
No need to worry. [In reply to] Can't Post

Tell him it's simply a re-positioning of the scene from the book where they bathe at Carrock. Nothing more! Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Oct 19 2013, 3:31am

Post #38 of 90 (757 views)
Shortcut
I can confirm that there's more dialogue in the White Council scene. [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf and Saruman discuss the fate of the Seven Dwarf-rings and the One Ring.

(This post was edited by MatthewJer18 on Oct 19 2013, 3:32am)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 3:59am

Post #39 of 90 (665 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for sharing. :)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 5:56am

Post #40 of 90 (646 views)
Shortcut
Mixed feelings. Good material, yet I was REALLY hoping they would work that into Desolation - Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

It also seems the sort of thing it would be good for the general audience to hear. Thror had a Great Ring on his finger in Erebor, in the movie... none save us scene studying lorehounds even know it.

In Reply To
Gandalf and Saruman discuss the fate of the Seven Dwarf-rings and the One Ring.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 19 2013, 7:15am

Post #41 of 90 (595 views)
Shortcut
I knew I shouldn't have looked. [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh well! Wink

All the additional scenes looks great - most of them seem to be the character moments that I wanted more of. And young Bilbo ... already my favourite scene!

First person to get a screencap of Thorin's naked bottom wins the forum.

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Oct 19 2013, 10:14am

Post #42 of 90 (523 views)
Shortcut
Amazing screencaps. [In reply to] Can't Post

I especially love the stills of the young Bilbo. Heart
I'm longing now to see what Belladonna Took looks like (though judging from the picture in The Hobbit: AUJ Chronicles, I'd say she was a really pretty and lovely person) Smile

I also like the pictures of Bilbo looking the image of Sauron - reminds me greatly of Boromir (probably because they did that on purpose). Wink

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

Kalimac
Bree

Oct 19 2013, 10:27am

Post #43 of 90 (528 views)
Shortcut
haha, poor Kili [In reply to] Can't Post

He's got good taste though, maiden or not, that elf was really pretty.

(This post was edited by Kalimac on Oct 19 2013, 10:29am)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 10:43am

Post #44 of 90 (462 views)
Shortcut
The dwarves strip down in the book too... [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember an article mentioning "fleeting nudity" and one of the replies on TORn mentioned a chapter in the book where the dwarves strip down and bathe in a lake. So it's in there somewhere. Wink Not at Rivendell, though!

I like that we get ti see every detail of the dwarves, considering how little we saw of them in LotR.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Oct 19 2013, 10:44am)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 10:45am

Post #45 of 90 (507 views)
Shortcut
The ring on Sauron's hand looks out of place. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just me?

AshNazg
Rohan

Oct 19 2013, 11:09am

Post #46 of 90 (477 views)
Shortcut
Don't worry, it becomes a bigger theme in the next films. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been focusing on this story aspect a lot and my conclusion is this - (spoilers)

Thorin witnesses his father and grandfather's madness and greed. He see's it as "dragon sickness" and fears he might fall sick himself

Elrond and Gandalf discuss the dragon sickness in the EE. Thorin overhears them say that while Erebor gives the side of good some footing, they worry that Thorin will become greedy and go mad.

As Thorin gets closer to the mountain he becomes more greedy and less trusting of the company.

Gandalf investigates Dol Guldur and finds that Thror and Thrain's madness was in fact sourced from the dwarven ring, that Sauron has taken from him. - He sees new hope for Erebor knowing that Thorin will keep his sanity

Gandalf gets back to Erebor and finds that Thorin has become greedy, not through the ring but through a self fulfilling prophecy. Thorin probably gets all the ring stuff explained to him when it's too late and passes knowing that he could have been a noble king after all.

Something like that?

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Oct 19 2013, 11:10am)

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Oct 19 2013, 11:14am

Post #47 of 90 (447 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

But what are the dwarves doing?Taking a bath maybe?

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 11:17am

Post #48 of 90 (451 views)
Shortcut
That... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is the first theory I have read in which the Rings are far more than just lore-self-indulgment. Great one!

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Oct 19 2013, 11:51am

Post #49 of 90 (464 views)
Shortcut
If the Dwarves strip down and bathe in Rivendell... [In reply to] Can't Post

...does that mean the Elves could do their laundry? Those clothes must smell pretty bad by now.

"As if we don't have enough to do around here..."

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 12:00pm

Post #50 of 90 (412 views)
Shortcut
Did some research. It's after the Carrock in the book. [In reply to] Can't Post

After pleading Gandalf not to leave. "...they took off their clothes and bathed in the river, which was shallow and clear and stony at the ford. When they had dried in the sun, which was now strong and warm, they were refreshed..."

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.