Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
The Hobbit Revision: Prologue

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 18 2013, 9:38pm

Views: 662
Shortcut
The Hobbit Revision: Prologue Can't Post

A while back I told you guys about our Hobbit Revision project. If you didn't, I'll go over it again: a few friends and I are rewriting the Hobbit screenplay the way we would have done it. Along with that, we are also drawing designs for what we would have made characters and locations look like. We are currently working on the prologue for part 1. I would like to share some ideas with you. For the prologue, we would like to do Tolkiens, 'The Quest For Erebor'. Not the exact thing, but something similar. It would start out with a map of Middle Earth, much like the prologue to FOTR. During this prologue, it would be narrated by Gandalf. He would first talk about how there have been rumours of a man called the Necromancer, and that he suspects that he could be a servant of the ancient enemy. Anyway, the map would zoom into Mirkwood, specifically Dol Guldur. Gandalf is then shown outside of the fortress, staring in awe at what he sees - there are orcs, spiders, and trolls all around the fortress. Gandalfs narrating then says that normally, this would be enough proof to make him believe that something was definitely going on there, but he says that he must bring back evidence to show the rest of the white council. So, he must find a way in.

This part I am kind of stuck on. Since there are guards around the fortress, how should Gandalf get in? My idea is that he could enter by a spider tunnel that leads under the fortress. Just an Idea though.

Assuming that Gandalf finds a way in, I will continue. When he gets in, he sneaks around inside. Eventually, he comes across Thrain. After encountering him, and getting the map, gandalf tells us that he had to escape, after being caught by a band of orcs. He escapes with the map, but without evidence of Saurons return. Gandalf says that after years of keeping the map, he one day encountered Thorin outside of Bree. After the meeting at Bree, Gandalf journeys to Ered Luin with Thorin. There, they discuss the plans to travel to Erebor. Narrator Gandalf then tells us that a dragon could be used to terrible effect if it got in the grasp of the enemy, and that is his purpose for setting up the adventure.

Narrator Gandalf then says " The journey to the mountain was long, and terrible, and - wait, I am getting ahead of myself. Let me start from the beginning - In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit...

And that ends the prologue. I probably, confused a lot of you, because I am rushing while writing this. I will go back through later an edit anything. We will be writing an exact script, but that is just a very rough version. I hope you enjoyed this!

(This post was edited by thorinoakenshield on Oct 18 2013, 9:43pm)

Subject User Time
The Hobbit Revision: Prologue thorinoakenshield Send a private message to thorinoakenshield Oct 18 2013, 9:38pm
    The movie thorinoakenshield Send a private message to thorinoakenshield Oct 19 2013, 5:00pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.