Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
EE Stills - Extreme Spoilers
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 8:17pm

Post #1 of 90 (4284 views)
Shortcut
EE Stills - Extreme Spoilers Can't Post

http://free-martinis.tumblr.com/...-hobbit-ee-featuring

Involving Dwarven nudeness, Elven-amazed Bilbo and a fantastic young Hobbit.

Please delete if this should not be posted here yet... Not sure about the legality, but thought those could be official stills? May have overlooked the source though since I am browsing on my phone...

Edit: Just saw that this comes from a fan who already got the EE. So maybe it should be deleted. Mods decide please :)

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Oct 18 2013, 8:25pm)

Joe20
Lorien

Oct 18 2013, 8:34pm

Post #2 of 90 (1980 views)
Shortcut
They really did it... [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe it, but when they said fleeting nudity... they meant it. Wow. Not sure about that scene though, could have done without it.

Everything else looks great though. I especially love Bilbo looking at the Sauron painting, and him and Thorin overhearing Gandalf and Elrond. Those should be great.

(This post was edited by Joe20 on Oct 18 2013, 8:35pm)

tolktolk
Lorien

Oct 18 2013, 8:34pm

Post #3 of 90 (1787 views)
Shortcut
More... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tjhis is the original post, with seven pages of screencaps from the additional footage:

http://livelongandspocker.tumblr.com/...ded-Edition-spoilers

Some lovely stuff here.

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 8:54pm

Post #4 of 90 (1604 views)
Shortcut
thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

well, the EE is out or will be out in a few days, screen caps will never be like watching the whole thing - just making me want the EE version more!!!!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 8:57pm

Post #5 of 90 (1621 views)
Shortcut
^^ Though the EE may come out later than announced. [In reply to] Can't Post

The digital download that will supposedly be released next Tuesday has not shown up in the American Itunes store, and has evidently been taken down from the UK store. Seems as if the release has been pushed back.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Oct 18 2013, 8:59pm)

Fleuz
Lorien

Oct 18 2013, 9:06pm

Post #6 of 90 (1583 views)
Shortcut
15th of November [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The digital download that will supposedly be released next Tuesday has not shown up in the American Itunes store, and has evidently been taken down from the UK store. Seems as if the release has been pushed back.

In Germany the dubbing has finished in June/July.
And still, in the linked german EE-Trailer they say it will be available for download and DVD etc. on November 15th.

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Oct 18 2013, 9:11pm

Post #7 of 90 (1655 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil's "give me that gold" face is amazing [In reply to] Can't Post

http://31.media.tumblr.com/...rnxk22o2_r1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/...G31rnxk22o1_1280.jpg

(This post was edited by MatthewJer18 on Oct 18 2013, 9:16pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 9:14pm

Post #8 of 90 (1544 views)
Shortcut
He really wants that cereal! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 10:02pm

Post #9 of 90 (1499 views)
Shortcut
Dwarve Nudity?..Who in the WORLD Would have THUNK That? [In reply to] Can't Post

Only PJ!

Soo Glad it's a WReally WReally...WIDE Shot!

(Please NO Close-UPS, PJ!.... Gag Bomby with a spoon?)

Examining THIS fur a While
seems they Also have HAIRY BACKS?

WHAt away to Terrioiirze
Rivendell..

Guess Bathing in the Anduin?...
..doesn't NEED..
to BE..there!

Sooo.. Lets get to Beorn's Lodge
PRONTO! (Hopefully HE keeps his pants onn..?)

Bombyzz one of BEORN's
Biggest Fans!

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 10:26pm

Post #10 of 90 (1504 views)
Shortcut
I don't see a problem. A problem was Frodo still having trousers after an orc inspection, [In reply to] Can't Post

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 10:27pm

Post #11 of 90 (1393 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo Alone... looking up at Rivendell's Beauty is Now [In reply to] Can't Post

Bomby's Desktop image!

Thang You Berry Buch!

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 10:38pm

Post #12 of 90 (1422 views)
Shortcut
i must be missing something... [In reply to] Can't Post

... i didn't see any pictures of nude dwarves. 'tho i did find the one of thorin drinking.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 10:41pm

Post #13 of 90 (1373 views)
Shortcut
ok [In reply to] Can't Post

i +just+ found them. and i've been looking at all the pictures for about 45 minutes. so (technically) i had seen the pics of the fountain -- i just didn't notice any nude dwarves (until just now).

jeeesh!

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

sycorax82
Rohan

Oct 18 2013, 10:49pm

Post #14 of 90 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo in Rivendell makes the movie complete [In reply to] Can't Post

I can understand why it was left out of the theatrical cut (though personally I would have taken a couple of minutes out of the troll sequence and a minute or so out of Goblin Town then added the Bilbo moments).

Thranduil's extra moment in the Prologue would have fit if we'd made it to his halls in AUJ. It really adds to his decision not to help the Dwarves later.

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 10:53pm

Post #15 of 90 (1323 views)
Shortcut
Joy! Like sweet little dwarf cherubs in an Italian fountain...especially Bombur [In reply to] Can't Post

Think it's hysterical - and the looks on the faces of Elrond and Lindir - priceless. The elves should be happy tho, because now it will be nice CLEAN dwarves throwing food at each other.

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 10:58pm

Post #16 of 90 (1326 views)
Shortcut
I'm running opposite you Telpemairo... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
... i didn't see any pictures of nude dwarves. 'tho i did find the one of thorin drinking.

Can't seem to find the Thorin drinking shot. Crazy

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 11:01pm

Post #17 of 90 (1320 views)
Shortcut
it's the one [In reply to] Can't Post

tengwadil, it's the one with a close-up of nori.... look for the dark-tressed prince in the upper-right... with a flask to his majestic lips.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 11:17pm

Post #18 of 90 (1387 views)
Shortcut
Ugh [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure I like that.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 11:33pm

Post #19 of 90 (1354 views)
Shortcut
Bah. Where is the harm. I wonder if the statuary depicts Varda filling and pouring the vats [In reply to] Can't Post

of starlight?

In Reply To
Not sure I like that.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 11:35pm

Post #20 of 90 (1309 views)
Shortcut
Nudity is bad for children. ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 18 2013, 11:35pm

Post #21 of 90 (1305 views)
Shortcut
Its just [In reply to] Can't Post

Its just this movie's gross-out moment (each LOTR EE had one) ala Knife-lickin' Lurtz, Dunlander Swearing to Saruman etc.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 11:37pm

Post #22 of 90 (1305 views)
Shortcut
Lol! Aww lord. I forgot. Better start passing those laws to [In reply to] Can't Post

mandate fully clothed bathing. Gonna some some smelly folks, though. lol

In Reply To

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 11:41pm

Post #23 of 90 (1280 views)
Shortcut
No harm I suppose [In reply to] Can't Post

I just think with the up close of them drinking, belching, overuse of snot, and bird poop it's a touch too much. I will say since there is a similar type scene in the book I will roll with it because of that.

Besides I can't go liking everything. It will have people calling me a fanboy. Lol

(This post was edited by Elessar on Oct 18 2013, 11:44pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 11:42pm

Post #24 of 90 (1241 views)
Shortcut
Probably so [In reply to] Can't Post

As I said above its enough already with that. Funny thing is those things you mentioned don't bother me.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 11:44pm

Post #25 of 90 (1282 views)
Shortcut
The snot and the bird poop were too much on their own. lol This [In reply to] Can't Post

won't make those things any better or worse. lol At least its hygenic! People do bathe. Walking around with bird feces on your face is just outrageous.

In Reply To
I just think with the up close of them drinking, overuse of snot, and bird poop it's a touch too much.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.