Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's FIESTA FRIDAY!! "Fall" in for a drink!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 4:01pm

Post #1 of 47 (144 views)
Shortcut
It's FIESTA FRIDAY!! "Fall" in for a drink! Can't Post

We've made it through another week! *high five* I'll be your barkeep today as our exquisite Altaira is called away on grown-up stuff.

It's high-colour for the fall trees here in Michigan, and the cool weather is finally moving in. It's so great doing my country-road walks just before the corn is harvested. It's my favourite time of the year!

So come and have some hot chocolate, warm cider, or anything else that quenches your thirst. Share how your week has been and your plans for the weekend. You know we love a good story :D

sample

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 4:15pm

Post #2 of 47 (72 views)
Shortcut
We are so lucky [In reply to] Can't Post

to live in places with those bright fall colors! It's like Lorien come to life, once a year without having to travel there!

Hot cider, please, Gramma, and a crunchy apple or two, while I settled down to read today's issue of the Tolkienia Times. Cool

So, were you up on a hill for that first picture? What a wonderful area to live in! I just wish the colors would last longer (but then, I guess, it wouldn't seem so spectacular).

Not much going on this weekend other than violin students and starting to clean up my garden while extracting the last few cherry tomatoes and Swiss Chard leaves. But it' been so warm my spirea bush started trying to bloom again. Very odd.

Have a wonderful weekend full of walks, and spiraling leaves, and orange foxes!

Annael
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 4:16pm

Post #3 of 47 (76 views)
Shortcut
Wow, I made it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the parks are open again, I'm hoping to get up to Mount Rainier for a last hike of the season. We are having awesome Indian Summer weather & I want to take advantage!

Otherwise I will be working on an application to teach a writing course at a nearby university.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 4:17pm

Post #4 of 47 (65 views)
Shortcut
Hey, gramma! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

We don't have quite so much color on the trees yet, but they're getting there. :) As for the weekend, I'm planning on watching some Sherlock (among other things) with my friends. :)

I'll have a Fall Usual, please; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend! *hugs*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 4:25pm

Post #5 of 47 (66 views)
Shortcut
Just because you're here first... [In reply to] Can't Post

You get a whole jug AND donuts!

That's a picture from Sugarloaf up north. I didn't take it, but it's one of my favs showing Lake Sukperior (one of our Great Lakes)

I really need to do some yard work myself! Have fun... and keep warm :D

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 4:27pm

Post #6 of 47 (67 views)
Shortcut
You'll be great at teaching! [In reply to] Can't Post

This has been one of the best summers AND falls I can remember :) Definitely have a most wonderful time, m'dear!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 4:29pm

Post #7 of 47 (65 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I STILL have to get some time to discover Sherlock. I hope you have a wonderful weekend... and enjoy the colours... when they get there ;)

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 18 2013, 4:32pm

Post #8 of 47 (68 views)
Shortcut
*pops head in door* Did someone say "warm cider"? [In reply to] Can't Post

As in warm, fresh-pressed apple cider, with maybe a cinnamon stick lounging in it? Smile

I'd love one to-go, please, gramma, then I'll be back later to read up on what everyone's been up to!

And I wish everyone could enjoy these gorgeous autumnal colors, the leaves are so vibrant this year, I love getting caught in downswirls of them! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 4:37pm

Post #9 of 47 (65 views)
Shortcut
Howdy dernwyn!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

You bet! I know you're super-busy... and I hope all goes well with your computerized challenges ;) HANG IN THERE! Have a great weekend, and enjoy the fall colours!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 4:38pm

Post #10 of 47 (60 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

cats16
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 4:39pm

Post #11 of 47 (65 views)
Shortcut
Ooo those trees! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very pretty. Smile Hope you have a great weekend, gramma. (How's that garage coming along?)

Working outside all day today (it's pretty cold, too...), so I'll take a hot chocolate, por favor. I think I've reached that point of 'incredible amounts of work' this week. Not enough time in the day. But, I think it will lighten up some when November 1st comes around. *crosses fingers*

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 4:45pm

Post #12 of 47 (62 views)
Shortcut
The Garage is still waiting for me ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been raining for 5 days straight... so it's really put a "damper" on my progress. Thanks for remembering! :D I'm having fun with it.

I hope you have time to do the things you want BEFORE November 1. That's a long ways off to be waiting to have some fun ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Oct 18 2013, 4:48pm

Post #13 of 47 (66 views)
Shortcut
Hi, gramma! I think I need tea while deciding... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm seriously considering applying for the theology Ph.D program (technically, it's a religious studies program, but my areas of specialty would be in theology and philosophy). Because that's where the big money is, right? and with my kids in Middle School, life's slowed down so much, hasn't it? Not sure where my marbles have gone, but there you have it. I gave myself the year to consider the prospect, let it roll around in the back of my head while I was busy with other things; and the 'prospect' of applying is fast moving toward the certainty of applying. It's bigandscary for me, not least because of how hard it was to get through my Master's thesis. But I keep thinking 'What else am I going to do with these ideas if I don't keep going?' and it's depressing to think of them, sitting there, getting a bit more bedraggled and lonely as time passes... I feel I owe it to them to find them a life beyond my head.

Thanks fer listenin', barkeep!

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 4:54pm

Post #14 of 47 (64 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Really!? :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a GO FOR IT kinda guy... so I'd encourage you to follow your heart and instinct. Of course it's a lot of work, but the best things are worth the effort. Once you stop, it's hard to go back. WOW! I hope the answer comes clear and easy for you so you can be settled with whatever your choose :) BEST OF LUCK, M'DEAR!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Oct 18 2013, 4:58pm

Post #15 of 47 (63 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, gramma! It feels a lot like Bilbo's 'dangerous business', [In reply to] Can't Post

which means it's probably the right thing to do.

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 5:07pm

Post #16 of 47 (62 views)
Shortcut
Woo-Hooo! Munch, munch, crumble, slurp [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much!

Can I eat that Sugarloaf, too? ShockedWink

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 5:08pm

Post #17 of 47 (59 views)
Shortcut
*HANGS OUT SELF SERVE SIGN* Have a great weekend everyone! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Oct 18 2013, 5:12pm

Post #18 of 47 (59 views)
Shortcut
What gorgeous trees you have, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Slip me some of that warm cider, would you? It's my favorite time of year to walk too. Heart We're still having uncommonly warm weather for October. It hasn't been so great for leaf color, though. Many of the leaves that had turned have fallen after all the rain and wind we had last week. Still, my mom and sisters and I had some splendid vistas last weekend as we took a drive through the Laurel Highlands here in PA. So beautiful, even if it wasn't all sunny.

This weekend in my son's birthday. I took the day off to clean my house and am now taking my fifteenth break. (I hate to clean. Frown) But after the cleaning come the friends, the family, the cake, the houseguests, and the parties! It will be pretty small scale this year, but still lots of fun. Smile I'm so grateful we have our little guy. HeartEvilHeart

"Our perennial spiritual and psychological task is to look at things familiar until they become unfamiliar again." --G. K. Chesterton

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 5:19pm

Post #19 of 47 (62 views)
Shortcut
am I late? :) Could I have a simple glass of water actually? [In reply to] Can't Post

No particular reason!

Tis cold, overcast and clammy here in York. How I detest the coming of chilly weather. When it's around for a while it's fine... but when the transition is not the nicest!

Been off of TORn for a while, aiming to get back into things CoolSmile

"So your own praise will forever keep your name green,
Both here on Earth and on the stage of the stars" - J.G.Kittel, writing about the composer Jan Dismas Zelenka (1740)

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 5:21pm

Post #20 of 47 (57 views)
Shortcut
awh, I was too late :(. *pours a glass for himself* [In reply to] Can't Post

Both here on Earth and on the stage of the stars" - J.G.Kittel, writing about the composer Jan Dismas Zelenka (1740)

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 5:23pm

Post #21 of 47 (56 views)
Shortcut
well it seems you've given yourself a good amount of time for discernment :) good luck Arandiel! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be having to decide myself soon over Masters Crazy

(This post was edited by Xanaseb on Oct 18 2013, 5:24pm)

cats16
Valinor

Oct 18 2013, 5:37pm

Post #22 of 47 (52 views)
Shortcut
Not a bad "damper", I suppose ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

A little R&R isn't a bad thing, in that case. I'm looking forward to see how it all turns out! Smile

I hope to have some myself before the beginning of the month. I might pop in LOTR when I have some unexpected downtime. Something comforting that helps get through the craziness.

Thanks. Smile

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 5:47pm

Post #23 of 47 (60 views)
Shortcut
I am late! But who wants a cocktail? [In reply to] Can't Post

We're off on holiday on Sunday to Cape Verde. Sun, sea and sangria. I cannot wait. Cool

Admittedly, this is our first holiday together (abroad), despite having been going out for years and years. We're hoping to do a glass-bottom boat trip around the island, but it's largely weather dependent. I can't imagine that's a problem - it's over 30degC at the moment. I've offset this holiday by going to the Arctic next year. So the heat will balance itself out with snow.

I've also been looking online, and sharks are common in the sea ... I can't go swimming in a lake without being freaked out by some weed. Maybe I'll dip my toes in the sea. Wink

I'm officially now ignoring all work emails, though there are some I wish I hadn't read.

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe. Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 6:09pm

Post #24 of 47 (59 views)
Shortcut
We're off to the show! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yippee, the A & P Show season really gets going with the Ellesmere A& P Show today. It's my favourite show because it's in my old hometown, and I used to compete in it on my horses many moons ago. I always manage to catch up with lots of people I haven't seen for ages. The weather looks good, the picnic is packed, Midgey has combed his ears, so we are good to go.

I have had a rotten and hideously stressful week at work, so the show today is just the ticket.
Have a great weekend everyone. Smile

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 18 2013, 7:03pm

Post #25 of 47 (48 views)
Shortcut
I think I was knee-high to a grasshopper [In reply to] Can't Post

the last time I went to an A&P show. Enjoy!

We've got good weather too after that terrible fortnight of rain and wind.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.