Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
More Dol Guldur spoilers from Lego sets?

Lio
Lorien

Oct 13 2013, 10:19pm

Post #1 of 15 (1449 views)
Shortcut
More Dol Guldur spoilers from Lego sets? Can't Post

Copied & pasted from this link at the Brick Fanatics website, courtesy of user Kris Kelvin at Eurobricks forums:

These details have come from seeing ‘blurry pictures’ of the 4 new sets, one of which was already revealed at the San Diego Comic Con back in July.
    • 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army – 442 parts, 6 minifigs and a grey warg – 2 orcs, 3 elves and some kind of elf king. A wall and tree in tan, dark tan and brown.
    • 79011 Dol Guldur Ambush – 3 minifigs – two orcs and some kind of a soldier and grey rock.
    • 79014 Dol Guldur Battle – 6 minifigs – Gandalf in grey uniform, probably Radagast, some kind of Nazgul, normal orc, “white” orc (like Yzneg), and a warrior with big red beard.
    • 79013 Lake Town Chase – includes 5 minifigs - Bard, Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield, Laketown Guard, Master of Lake-town, along with a couple of Lake Town buildings and a small ship.

Interesting, so will the Ringwraiths be seen again at the battle of Dol Guldur? Is the "white Orc" Bolg, Azog, or someone else? And who is the warrior with the "big red beard"?

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

"Don't laugh at the Dwarves because they will mess you up." — Dean O'Gorman (Fili)

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 13 2013, 10:37pm

Post #2 of 15 (737 views)
Shortcut
Maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

The warrior with the red beard is Bolg?

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Lio
Lorien

Oct 13 2013, 10:50pm

Post #3 of 15 (690 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah! [In reply to] Can't Post

That makes sense. Although recently there's been a rumour that Bolg's appearance has been changed due to the cancellation of his upcoming action figure. But I guess even if there's a new design, the existing Lego set would use the old one.

But who is the other white Orc, then? Azog? (But isn't he off chasing the Dwarves?) Bolg's brother? Random Gundabad Orc? Mrs Azog? Wink

Orcs are mammals!

"Don't laugh at the Dwarves because they will mess you up." — Dean O'Gorman (Fili)

Bladerunner
Gondor

Oct 14 2013, 12:24am

Post #4 of 15 (616 views)
Shortcut
Lake-Town Chase Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm, makes me wonder if the dwarves will also have to "escape" from Lake-Town in similar fashion to their escape from The Elven-King's realm.
Perhaps the Master tries to prevent them from continuing their journey to appease Thranduil, and Bard has to help them leave without drawing suspicion.
This would be a departure from the book, but so much of the movie has been a "departure from the book," that this change would not surprise me....

I also wonder if Lake-Town will be less accessible than as described in the book (i.e. - no bridge directly linking it to the mainland, and instead relying on the use of barges and ferries, while also shrouded in mist).

(This post was edited by Bladerunner on Oct 14 2013, 12:27am)

Remus
Lorien

Oct 14 2013, 5:46am

Post #5 of 15 (466 views)
Shortcut
No Necromancer? [In reply to] Can't Post

No Necromancer anymore?? UnsureFrown

I thought someone said earlier that in the Lego set of Dol Guldur the Necromancer was there. Unimpressed

But i really wanna see that, i wanna see that scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dûr and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

-My thoughts on the best ending scene/post credit scene on TABA.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 14 2013, 6:46am

Post #6 of 15 (485 views)
Shortcut
"These details have come from seeing ‘blurry pictures’ ..." [In reply to] Can't Post

The "some kind of Nazgul" described in the article may well be the Necromancer. Until we see the box art and contents, we won't know for sure.

Smile

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 14 2013, 7:33am

Post #7 of 15 (410 views)
Shortcut
Possibly Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't remember where I read it but someone posted on another topic (it believe it was the "Gandalf vs. Sauron" thread) that he/she has leaked information about that "Dol Guldur Battle" set from Lego. His/her information said:

Gandalf the Grey, Radagast the Brown, Necromancer, Azog and Bolg

It is almost identical to this description, only another Orc is new:
79014 Dol Guldur Battle – 6 minifigs – Gandalf in grey uniform, probably Radagast, some kind of Nazgul, normal orc, “white” orc (like Yazneg), and a warrior with big red beard.

So I could imagine that this "Dol Guldur battle" set includes:

GANDALF THE GREY
RADAGAST THE BROWN
AZOG
BOLG
DOL GULDUR ORC/HUNTER ORC/MORDOR ORC
NECROMANCER/NAZGUL

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Oct 14 2013, 1:02pm

Post #8 of 15 (350 views)
Shortcut
Elf army set.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Is also very interesting. It could possibly be based on the battle between the elves and orcs, which appeared in the first trailer. Although Thranduil doesn't seem to take part in the battle from what we've seen in the trailer..

Beeromir
The Shire

Oct 14 2013, 1:04pm

Post #9 of 15 (304 views)
Shortcut
Or.... [In reply to] Can't Post

the white orc is the redesigned Bolg who now looks like his father, and the warrior with the red beard is Zombie Thrain whose appearance is altered somewhat because of his condition.

<shudders>

The Mitch King
Rohan

Oct 14 2013, 7:02pm

Post #10 of 15 (234 views)
Shortcut
Red beard warrior [In reply to] Can't Post

Could that be Beorn?

Lio
Lorien

Oct 14 2013, 10:06pm

Post #11 of 15 (162 views)
Shortcut
If Azog is there as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder at what point he stops chasing Thorin and company and heads to Dol Guldur, and why? There are Orcs still pursuing the Dwarves during the barrel escape, but we don't know if Azog is among them (and if he was, wouldn't he chase them down all the way to Lake-town, as some Orcs apparently do?). So I wonder if Azog heads to Dol Guldur immediately after the events of AUJ, having lost the Dwarves' trail when they are rescued by the Eagles. As for what happens after, who knows? I'm looking forward to Azog and Bolg fighting together though. It's beatdown time. Laugh

Orcs are mammals!

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 14 2013, 10:18pm

Post #12 of 15 (160 views)
Shortcut
There are several options [In reply to] Can't Post

1) The Necromancer commands him to. Perhaps because of the White Council investigation/attack? Maybe he (Necromancer) needs all forces to defend himself?

2) He lost almost all of his troops in Mirkwood and Laketown, so he goes to Dol Guldur to ask for more men.

3) It's Bolgs birthday and Azog wants to see his son Tongue

4) He wants Bolg to join his forces

5) He wants to speak to the Necromancer about a possible attack on Erebor

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Old Pilgrim
Rivendell

Oct 15 2013, 8:02am

Post #13 of 15 (121 views)
Shortcut
It is funny that we can speculate from Lego sets [In reply to] Can't Post

what will happen in the next movies.

Anyway this sounds pretty logical though I doubt that we will see Azog in Dol Guldur. He is probably not the only white orc on the world and there has to be someone in the North to lead a goblin army later from Mount Gundabad and the Grey Mountains into battle. Cutting this completely off would be ridicolous and I would much more enjoy watching Azog in Gundabad with thousands of goblins and war machines then all of them in Dol Guldur because that would also mean that the only army attacking Erebor will come from the south.

Bolg should be in Dol Guldur but I wonder how will they portrayed the Ringwraiths since the Black Raiders first appear in the FOTR. Perhaps as white spirits seen in AUJ?

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2013, 2:32pm

Post #14 of 15 (94 views)
Shortcut
Too funny for a subject line! [In reply to] Can't Post

But who is the other white Orc, then? Azog? (But isn't he off chasing the Dwarves?) Bolg's brother? Random Gundabad Orc? Mrs Azog? Wink

I feel out of my chair laughing at the end!! My folks were totally freaked out!! Thank-you for a huge laugh!!! Mrs, Azog...*snickers uncontrollably*

Maybe the dwarves broke her best pots and crockery.... The REAL reason for the Feud and Goblin Wars????

Lio
Lorien

Oct 15 2013, 11:55pm

Post #15 of 15 (53 views)
Shortcut
And here I thought Bilbo was fussy about the dishes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Blunt the knives, bend the forks
Smash the bottles and burn the corks
Chip the glasses and crack the plates
That's what Mrs Azog hates!

That was the beginning of the War of the Dwarves and the Orcs, which was long and deadly, and fought for the most part in deep places beneath the earth.

(See what happens when you encourage me? Laugh)

Orcs are mammals!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.