Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
where is soundtrack?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

haarp
Rivendell

Oct 15 2013, 6:39pm

Post #1 of 37 (1140 views)
Shortcut
where is soundtrack? Can't Post

where is film 2 soundtrack?

Flame of Udun
Rivendell

Oct 15 2013, 6:47pm

Post #2 of 37 (619 views)
Shortcut
Won't be out until December... [In reply to] Can't Post

"'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand. What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.''

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 15 2013, 7:20pm

Post #3 of 37 (558 views)
Shortcut
The AUJ score was released on the 11th December [In reply to] Can't Post

and the DOS one will be released around the same time. But perhaps we'll get a short glimpse of it before the release as we did last year with the "Radagast the Brown" track?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Fleuz
Lorien

Oct 15 2013, 7:45pm

Post #4 of 37 (561 views)
Shortcut
"Radagast the Brown" [In reply to] Can't Post

was released last year on November 5th.
So 2-3 weeks are still to come till the first glimpse, at least...

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Oct 15 2013, 8:57pm

Post #5 of 37 (505 views)
Shortcut
The first track we heard... [In reply to] Can't Post

And the best parts of it didn't even make it in the movie.Frown

(I'm still bitter)

Joe20
Lorien

Oct 15 2013, 9:00pm

Post #6 of 37 (523 views)
Shortcut
1st Of November [In reply to] Can't Post

was when the track listing was released for AUJ. So not long now. I'm anxious to get a look at it as I think we may be able to discern a lot more about what we'll see in the movie from it based on the names of the songs.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 15 2013, 9:09pm

Post #7 of 37 (465 views)
Shortcut
Actually [In reply to] Can't Post

some of it was used in the movie, just with a bunch of instruments removed.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Oct 15 2013, 9:12pm

Post #8 of 37 (471 views)
Shortcut
Go on being bitter... [In reply to] Can't Post

because so am I. Frown

But it does make me happy that we at least have a great album representation of Shore's original intentions for the score. He did a magnificent job composing a new score that wove together new and old themes in just about the most perfect way imaginable. For that reason, I have to admit to being that much more excited to hear the DoS album than even seeing the new film.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

haarp
Rivendell

Oct 15 2013, 9:29pm

Post #9 of 37 (478 views)
Shortcut
7 [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm interested because Shore isn't restricted by the old themes anymore, he's on new ground. Mirkwood theme especially.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 15 2013, 9:47pm

Post #10 of 37 (454 views)
Shortcut
Yeah.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23304&page=25#entry944672 http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23304&page=24#entry944551 http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23304&page=22#entry944079

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2013, 9:55pm

Post #11 of 37 (444 views)
Shortcut
Oohh, if this is accurate Erebor theme returns big time in the DoS score. And there's didgeridoo too? [In reply to] Can't Post

But uh-oh, the cue from the opening of the Osgiliath battle returns? Good, more quoting.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 15 2013, 10:03pm

Post #12 of 37 (424 views)
Shortcut
Salt [In reply to] Can't Post

Its highly natural for old themes to return, did you expect that Shore would spend time introducing themes just to not use them in DOS? themes are called themes for a reason: they recur and appear whenever the thing that the theme is written for happens/appears onscreen.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 15 2013, 10:03pm

Post #13 of 37 (415 views)
Shortcut
Also [In reply to] Can't Post

The cue does not return, the theme does.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 15 2013, 10:10pm

Post #14 of 37 (411 views)
Shortcut
I hope we will hear more of the Dwarf theme in DoS. [In reply to] Can't Post

Love that (as well as much of the rest of the music in AuJ).

In Reply To
Its highly natural for old themes to return, did you expect that Shore would spend time introducing themes just to not use them in DOS? themes are called themes for a reason: they recur and appear whenever the thing that the theme is written for happens/appears onscreen.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2013, 11:15pm

Post #15 of 37 (358 views)
Shortcut
Pepper [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I know what a theme is. But the post specifically said that the music used for the Orcs approaching Osgiliath in RotK was reused - that's not a theme, it's very much a cue (and used once in the original film). Simply put - yes, I expected Shore to compose entirely new music to give TH an original music foundation rather than continuing to revisit LotR, actually. Why shouldn't he?

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Oct 15 2013, 11:15pm)

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 15 2013, 11:21pm

Post #16 of 37 (349 views)
Shortcut
Ha [In reply to] Can't Post

"I know what a theme is" read it in Martin Freemans Bilbo voice... "Yes, I know what a dragon is"

And its obvious he meant a theme.

and it is a theme, its the Way/Threat of Mordor.

Also, creating all new themes for characters/things that already had established identities is like changing actors mid franchise.

Of course, HS could go HPatPOA on us.

Kim
Valinor

Oct 16 2013, 12:52am

Post #17 of 37 (316 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's my favorite music of all the soundtrack, would definitely like to hear more of it, as well as the Erebor theme (love the pipe and drums).

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Oct 16 2013, 1:37am

Post #18 of 37 (321 views)
Shortcut
I ask this question myself often [In reply to] Can't Post

I especially want to know the name of the ending theme, and who is singing it.
Although, that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Since there's possible romance involving Tauriel and Legolas (ugh, gag me) they'll probably hire Taylor Swift. Tongue
I'll forgive them somewhat if they hire Dave Gahan to sing a heartrenching, dark-hearted song. Evil

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2013, 3:08am

Post #19 of 37 (275 views)
Shortcut
The Erebor theme, yes [In reply to] Can't Post

As stated above, it's exciting the Erebor theme will actually be used (was disappointed it didn't show up in AUJ). Bits from RotK? IMO, not so much...preferably we'll get more of Bilbo's theme, the Erebor/Dwarf theme, the Necromancer/Azog/Smaug motifs ETC. And a lot of new material...notice how much of TTT's score was new stuff. I expect/hope we get some major new themes for Lake-town/Bard and Mirkwood which are comparable to the Rohan/nature themes from TTT (though the later might well return).

Personally I'd prefer Shore not reuse material that was closely linked with particular narrative elements (ALA the Nazgul and Gondor Reborn motifs) and appropriate them due to thematic hints of things to come...at least. not until we begin to head into LotR at TABA's "back again" sequence.

Skaan
Lorien

Oct 16 2013, 2:30pm

Post #20 of 37 (175 views)
Shortcut
Erebor theme [In reply to] Can't Post

I could be wrong, but wasn't the Erebor theme used a couple of times in AUJ? I could've sworn i've heard it in the movie.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 16 2013, 3:43pm

Post #21 of 37 (161 views)
Shortcut
Uh [In reply to] Can't Post

About TTT...

The Way/Threat of Mordor appears three times in that score.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 16 2013, 3:44pm

Post #22 of 37 (154 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

The Erebor theme was used in the movie.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2013, 6:10pm

Post #23 of 37 (126 views)
Shortcut
................ [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it does. However, the music from the opening of the Osgiliath battle is NOT the Mordor theme (the minor key with rhythmic drums where Gothmog's boats are approaching the shore).

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2013, 6:15pm

Post #24 of 37 (115 views)
Shortcut
For about thee bars at at time ALA Bilbo's theme... [In reply to] Can't Post

and lacking the grand rendition from the score with bagpipes ETC, making it more a take on the Dwarf Lord theme anyway.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 16 2013, 6:19pm

Post #25 of 37 (112 views)
Shortcut
Uhm [In reply to] Can't Post

Dude.

The Way/Threat of Mordor is that theme.

It also appears in The Voice of Saruman.

http://www.amagpiesnest.com/themes/THmordor_threat.htm

I believe you think I am referring to Evil of the Ring?

http://www.amagpiesnest.com/themes/THmordor_sauron.htm

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.