Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
So what about Wave 2 from "The Bridge direct"???

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 14 2013, 10:01am

Post #1 of 20 (1090 views)
Shortcut
So what about Wave 2 from "The Bridge direct"??? Can't Post

Today it's 15th October 2013 and the new wave should be out now. At least in the US. Any information?

Are there any pictures out yet except for the ones from certain conventions? TBD didn't answer questions on their Facebook page and on their own webpage there are still the ones from last year.

Which figures are in wave two and in which scale?
The remaining DWARVES
THRANDUIL
AZOG (with or without Warg??)
RADAGAST
Who else?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 14 2013, 2:24pm

Post #2 of 20 (600 views)
Shortcut
Today [In reply to] Can't Post

You may see them start to pop up as the day goes on from Amazon.

If you search this section or the FP posts I took a few pictures at comic-con this past july.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 15 2013, 1:47am

Post #3 of 20 (532 views)
Shortcut
Awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope to see them on Amazon. Will definitely place an order immediately!

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 15 2013, 3:31am

Post #4 of 20 (578 views)
Shortcut
Makes 2 of us [In reply to] Can't Post

Want to get several things from wave 2.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 15 2013, 4:31pm

Post #5 of 20 (412 views)
Shortcut
If you happen to spot any [In reply to] Can't Post

Would you mind posting the link to them here, maybe? I will likewise do the same!

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 15 2013, 4:34pm

Post #6 of 20 (452 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I can do that. [In reply to] Can't Post

Should have something on the FP soon as well.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 15 2013, 7:16pm

Post #7 of 20 (396 views)
Shortcut
It seems that there's only one pack out yet [In reply to] Can't Post

The Mirkwood pack (at least one new figure...) incluedes 5 figures but only one is a new one... Thranduil. Just visit "The Bridge directs" facebook page... hundreds of questions about the new Hobbit wave and no answers^^ Officially yesterday/today was the release date of the figures but not even Toys R Us seems to have them... I can't find any on ebay or amazon. No sign of Azog with his
white warg :(

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Oct 15 2013, 7:19pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 15 2013, 8:00pm

Post #8 of 20 (425 views)
Shortcut
I saw [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats the only one I saw on TRU right now. Hopefully they have the 6" figures up soon.

Dipling
Rivendell

Oct 16 2013, 4:55pm

Post #9 of 20 (288 views)
Shortcut
Here they are! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/...ge-direct-fall-2013/

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 16 2013, 5:15pm

Post #10 of 20 (283 views)
Shortcut
On our FP as well [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.theonering.net/...ficial-announcement/

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 16 2013, 6:35pm

Post #11 of 20 (281 views)
Shortcut
Disappointed :( [In reply to] Can't Post

The figures are great (aside from the repacks), but such a small wave for an opening of the new film. I could see this being the wave that was suppose to happen in the summer, but no new 3.75 figures (aside from Thranduil) and only two new 6" figures? Disappointing, to say the least. ToyBiz did great with the license, releasing so many figures, like secondary ones as well (goblins, orcs, elven soldiers, rangers), whereas TBD has done terribly with the line, IMO. The figures are great (love the 3.75 figs), but the way they're handling them is atrocious. They're not appearing in any stores, and the store they're suppose to appear in don't even have info on them. Hasbro or another big name brand should've acquired the license so they can use it to its full potential.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2013, 7:16pm

Post #12 of 20 (265 views)
Shortcut
So's Nesbitt! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can tell we in particular we probably was counting down the days until he had his own action figure. Bofur, after all, was one of the primary dwarves in AUJ.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 16 2013, 10:05pm

Post #13 of 20 (256 views)
Shortcut
Here is what?? [In reply to] Can't Post

These are only pictures... the same promo images we've seen half a year ago. TBD announced on their facebook page that the new wave will be in stores since the 15th October. Today (at least where I live) is already the 17th October and there is no official comment on TBDs facebook or own webpage yet. Fan questions remain unanswered and the only pack that might possibly be out is a five figure pack with only one new figure. How bad is that?

PLEASE WARNER!!! PLEASE GIVE THE LICENCE TO HASBRO, TOY BIZ OR SOMEONE ELSE! PLEASE!!!! THIS IS ALSO YOUR LOST MONEY!

If you won't do it for us fans... do it at least for your pockets! One of the biggest movie-franchises and no working merchandise production?

BTW: Here is an answer from TBD to a customer question mail:

"The Bridge Direct: Due to the ever changing retail we pushed back our release date on our Wave 2 and also added new characters and assortments. Wave 2 will have new packaging to coincide with the release of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. This will be available on shelf at retail October 15, 2013. Thank you for supporting our line, we truly appreciate our fans! Thank you, Customer Service"

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Oct 16 2013, 10:10pm)

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 17 2013, 12:16am

Post #14 of 20 (279 views)
Shortcut
Totally agree [In reply to] Can't Post

This line has SO much potential, from characters like Elrond to even minor ones like Lindir.... Hell, they can even do some LOTR characters (which they said they're thinking of doing).

Shagrat
Gondor

Oct 17 2013, 9:45am

Post #15 of 20 (278 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

Bridge Direct have done an embarrassing job with this line. Not only are the figures infinitely worse than those offered by ToyBiz over ten years ago, the selection at this stage is diabolical. What were Warner thinking?

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 18 2013, 7:28pm

Post #16 of 20 (202 views)
Shortcut
They've finally updated their homepage [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.thebridgedirect.com/hob_prd_6inchfigs.php

New figures are:

3,75'':
None

6,00'':
RADGAST
AZOG
LEGOLAS GREENLEAF (repack)

Multi Packs 3,75'':
Mirkwood Hero Pack: THRANDUIL, TAURIEL (repack), LEGOLAS (repack), KILI (repack), FILI (repack)

ONLY THREE NEW FIGURES IN THE NEW WAVE!!! At least Azog and Radagast look interesting. I won't buy Legolas again and I won't by the Mirkwood Hero Pack only to get one new figure (and 4 I already have). Why did they do two different scales anyway and only releasing some only in 3,75" and some only in 6"? Azog isn't the right scale for my Orc-Collection next to Bolg, Fimbul and Grinnah... It's sad.

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Oct 18 2013, 7:29pm)

Dipling
Rivendell

Oct 19 2013, 7:44am

Post #17 of 20 (212 views)
Shortcut
All the dwarfs and Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

Edit - this is old news.
My mistake.

http://getsomegrapesoda.com/...y-fair/#.UmI35pL7rh6

(This post was edited by Dipling on Oct 19 2013, 7:46am)

CrunchyNug

Oct 24 2013, 12:39am

Post #18 of 20 (150 views)
Shortcut
What? [In reply to] Can't Post

[URL=http://s57.photobucket.com/user/crunchynug/media/Hobbitw21.jpg.html]

Here's a shot I took at Comic-Con in San Diego over the Summer. What happened to all these guys? It looks like we'll be getting only ONE of them. So sad! Hope the rest of the Dwarves are on their way...

Also, I found & purchased TWO of the THREE 6" figures at TRU this morning. Didn't need another Legolas in different packaging.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Dec 19 2013, 2:27pm)

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 24 2013, 7:52am

Post #19 of 20 (165 views)
Shortcut
According to TBD on facebook... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Additional characters will continue to be introduced to this very focused, highly-collectable line as the series progresses and demand warrants"

AZOG (6")
RADAGAST (6")
THRANDUIL (3,75")

Well... perhaps we'll get new figures perhaps not but if I understand it correctly we have to buy all the repacks so TBD sees that there is demand for new ones? What a cheap and sad answer...

1415dr
The Shire

Nov 6 2013, 7:39pm

Post #20 of 20 (125 views)
Shortcut
Bridge Direct! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is such a huge disappointment, but it's pretty typical for toy companies right now. I collect some Hasbro lines and they've been a shambling mess for two years now. If you don't but online you'll never find what you're looking for, and now they're in short demand online too. Deadlines are a thing of the past.

On the plus side, at least nobody can accuse PJ of being "in it for the merchandise." If I wanted to sell toys for the biggest Dragon Movie of all time I wouldn't care much about keeping the design secret, but he's holding fast. It will probably take Bridge Direct four years to make a Smaug toy at this point.

They really wasted a lot of good opportunities with this line. Going to 3.75 makes sense (especially with a second 6" line), but it's rediculous that they produce such a small number of figures in two years' time. Their corporate attitude is even more insulting.

"Hey guys, how can we phrase this disaster in such a way as to make it look deliberate?"
"I know! It's a 'very-focused highly collectable line!' That covers us for making such few characters in low quantities at such a slow pace."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.