Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Advance DOS Tickets to go on sale November 21st!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 11 2013, 2:42am

Post #1 of 29 (822 views)
Shortcut
Advance DOS Tickets to go on sale November 21st! Can't Post

https://twitter.com/TheHobbitMovie

2nd tweet on the page, posted less than half an hour ago.

Things are moving, indeed!SmileSmile

Edit: Oops, I see that SaltedPork's link in the thread below gives the same info. (it's the same press release, just different media).

(This post was edited by cats16 on Oct 11 2013, 2:44am)

Kim
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 2:45am

Post #2 of 29 (516 views)
Shortcut
awesome, thanks for the update cats! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been checking around as I thought they'd be going on sale this month. Is that later than it was last year? Or am I just more impatient since I know what to expect and want it now!?!

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 11 2013, 2:50am

Post #3 of 29 (509 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the heads up Cats! [In reply to] Can't Post

Was just getting a count for how many tickets I need to get earlier this evening!

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 11 2013, 2:50am

Post #4 of 29 (526 views)
Shortcut
Last year [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't the tickets go on sale much earlier??

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 11 2013, 2:52am

Post #5 of 29 (498 views)
Shortcut
You bet! [In reply to] Can't Post

I got lucky by checking the movie's Twitter page at the right time. Cool

I feel like that it is pretty close to last year's date. (Maybe a week later, though. I also seem to remember it being about a full month before the release.) To answer your second question: yes. Laugh

Also a general FYI for everyone wondering the exact time on the 21st- I remember that last year AUJ's tickets went on sale around 12 EST (U.S). If someone is absolutely sure that I'm wrong, please correct me on that.

Maciliel
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 2:52am

Post #6 of 29 (503 views)
Shortcut
thanks very much [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks very much, cats.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 11 2013, 3:00am

Post #7 of 29 (496 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great timing, then. Smile

Just over two months until you're reunited with the King under the Mountain. Will you make it that long?? CoolAngelic

(This post was edited by cats16 on Oct 11 2013, 3:02am)

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 11 2013, 3:01am

Post #8 of 29 (487 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lindele
Gondor

Oct 11 2013, 3:31am

Post #9 of 29 (495 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

At least a month earlier. Things are moving much slower this year

StarGodziller
Bree

Oct 11 2013, 3:41am

Post #10 of 29 (498 views)
Shortcut
Hope they do a back to back showing... [In reply to] Can't Post

Of both UNEXPECTED JOURNEY and DESOLATION somewhere in Boston!

Kim
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 4:03am

Post #11 of 29 (478 views)
Shortcut
I was just watching [In reply to] Can't Post

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and they showed one of the short DOS tv spots - a combo of the first and second trailers. At the end, it announced the ticket sale date too. Would be great to know the exact time as I'm in charge of tickets this year, and we're planning to go to the midnight show!

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Oct 11 2013, 5:31am

Post #12 of 29 (489 views)
Shortcut
This may be a stupid question [In reply to] Can't Post

but since I am not of the twitterverse at all, I wonder how reliable this information is? Is this directly from WB? If so, I'm glad they finally are letting people in on the secret!

And yeah, they went on advance sale much earlier last year. I know because I bought mine then. It was early in November, or at least before the middle of November.

Oh, and thanks for the notice!!!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

(This post was edited by Old Toby on Oct 11 2013, 5:32am)

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 11 2013, 1:39pm

Post #13 of 29 (382 views)
Shortcut
Counting the days Cats! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Great timing, then. Smile

Just over two months until you're reunited with the King under the Mountain. Will you make it that long?? CoolAngelic

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 1:46pm

Post #14 of 29 (387 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for finding this. They also put it in the most recent TV spot as well. Cool

I hope they do a double feature so we can see AUJ and DOS. That would make for a fun day.

Imladris18
Lorien

Oct 11 2013, 2:09pm

Post #15 of 29 (382 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the info is legit. [In reply to] Can't Post

Directly from the Hobbit official page presumably run by WB.

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Oct 11 2013, 2:40pm

Post #16 of 29 (366 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! Can't wait to buy them. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll end up getting one even if the theater I go to won't sell out for a long time. It's just exciting to have the ticket and everything!

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Oct 11 2013, 3:23pm

Post #17 of 29 (353 views)
Shortcut
Okeydokey! Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been excruciating, waiting to hear when they will go on sale.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Oct 11 2013, 3:53pm

Post #18 of 29 (340 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure about the US but here in the UK they went on sale last year on October 26th [In reply to] Can't Post

Timed for Skyfall's release to maximise awareness. I'm sure the US tickets went on sale later than the UK ones did.

Of course, this announcement is for US tickets rather than UK ones, which we don't yet have a date for. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they went up for sale around October 30th to time with Thor 2's release.

(This post was edited by Rohirrim Rider on Oct 11 2013, 3:54pm)

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Oct 11 2013, 4:07pm

Post #19 of 29 (334 views)
Shortcut
Last year they went on sale here in the US on Nov. 7th [In reply to] Can't Post

I just checked my calendar. So they will be on pre-sale much later this year.

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Oct 11 2013, 4:50pm

Post #20 of 29 (319 views)
Shortcut
So the US had them to time with Skyfall as well [In reply to] Can't Post

This year they're obviously timing them with Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Maybe the UK will be the same?

So it's not necessarily WB dragging their feet (if they're putting out TV spots with the date already then they're keen to get it out there), just that what they see as the best film to launch it with this year is released slightly later than last year's choice of film.

easterlingchief1
Rivendell

Oct 11 2013, 10:35pm

Post #21 of 29 (284 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the heads up, cats16! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 12 2013, 8:40am

Post #22 of 29 (263 views)
Shortcut
Hey! That's my birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

'Twoud be a lovely present, indeed. Now I really can't wait!

And I will always remember the date of TH tix going on sale last yr b/c it was the day after Election Day....

Thanks for the info!

PS..Also...is there going to be info on what theaters are doing the 4-D or PJ's new frame-rate thingy the way he did last yr, and which are showing traditional 3-D and 2-D. Or is WB cutting down on that this yr due to the controversy--there doesn't seem to be as much hoo-ha about it.

(Yes, I'll admit I'm out of the loop. I'm really trying to stay spoiler-free this yr...Tongue

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Oct 12 2013, 8:45am)

StarGodziller
Bree

Oct 12 2013, 2:17pm

Post #23 of 29 (251 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
'

PS..Also...is there going to be info on what theaters are doing the 4-D or PJ's new frame-rate thingy the way he did last yr, and which are showing traditional 3-D and 2-D. Or is WB cutting down on that this yr due to the controversy--there doesn't seem to be as much hoo-ha about it.

(Yes, I'll admit I'm out of the loop. I'm really trying to stay spoiler-free this yr...Tongue

It's pretty easy to figure out what format a screening will be in through sites like Fandango. And there will be 48 fps screenings again this year.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Oct 12 2013, 3:52pm

Post #24 of 29 (242 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's my little sister's birthday as well. I am going to buy it for myself just for the occasion since she doesn't care about going.. Blush

I am totally getting the IMAX 3D tickets again. That was the best format I thought.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 12 2013, 6:55pm

Post #25 of 29 (244 views)
Shortcut
Its official: BFF and I are going childless for midnight opening... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It's my little sister's birthday as well. I am going to buy it for myself just for the occasion since she doesn't care about going.. Blush

I am totally getting the IMAX 3D tickets again. That was the best format I thought.

Can't help ourselves. Bringing kids on Friday night!

Enjoy the Imax 3-D H-S! Not sure what we will pick...I liked regular 2D for AUJ actually (loved them all, just shades of difference.)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.