Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TV Spot #3

SaltedPork
Bree

Oct 11 2013, 2:25am

Post #1 of 18 (1631 views)
Shortcut
TV Spot #3 Can't Post

I didn't see any new video, but new audio!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=578437148858561&set=vb.160617097307237&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/...p;type=2&theater

(This post was edited by SaltedPork on Oct 11 2013, 2:29am)

Username4242
Bree

Oct 11 2013, 3:06am

Post #2 of 18 (793 views)
Shortcut
I love how very sarcastic Thranduil is. [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't quite get how his character will be performed until the 'noble quest is at hand' addition. Should be excellent.

cats16
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 3:10am

Post #3 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut
Little bits of new stuff adds up. [In reply to] Can't Post

Neat hearing different takes of the same line end up in various pieces of footage. I'm sure they've been continuing the mixing process, but I like hearing the variations.

Gandalf's line change about the Enemy "preparing for war" is interesting. I'm sure there will be plenty of comments about it, so I'll just leave it at that.

Joe20
Lorien

Oct 11 2013, 4:10am

Post #4 of 18 (679 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Some great stuff in there. Now just release a few with new footage! It'll be interesting to see where Bilbo's "you can't give up now!" line will take place.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 11 2013, 4:35am

Post #5 of 18 (703 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil sounds great. This aired during Scandal, so the advertising department [In reply to] Can't Post

is working hard to maximize exposure, as this is one of the most highly watched network shows in the American States atm.

In Reply To
I didn't see any new video, but new audio!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=578437148858561&set=vb.160617097307237&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/...p;type=2&theater

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 9:07am

Post #6 of 18 (569 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Gandalf's quote always seemed to be edited together out of two different scenes.

Although "has returned" sounded great and epic for the trailer, the "preparing for war" let's me hope of enough explanation surrounding the SG and Necro storyline in DG.

I just wonder where the army of Orcs comes from and was prepared for war - caverns underneath Dol Guldur? That would be a diabolus ex machina... and a bit, cheesy (without any noise, smoke etc). Maybe from Gundabad?

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 11 2013, 9:34am

Post #7 of 18 (544 views)
Shortcut
With you on part of this. It is no sure thing, with the editing he could well have [In reply to] Can't Post

been talking about the Elves and Men, the Gundabad and Misty Mountain orcs or even the dwarves. However, I hope it is reffering to Sauron, and assures that there will be some insight into what Sauron was actually doing: preparing to launch a war in the North as was his original plan.

I am still not certain the army we see marching, which does seem both to be from Dol Guldur, and much more armoured than anything we have seen of the orcs in company with Azog, are not a vision of things to come, or that "yet may be".

In Reply To
... Gandalf's quote always seemed to be edited together out of two different scenes.

Although "has returned" sounded great and epic for the trailer, the "preparing for war" let's me hope of enough explanation surrounding the SG and Necro storyline in DG.

I just wonder where the army of Orcs comes from and was prepared for war - caverns underneath Dol Guldur? That would be a diabolus ex machina... and a bit, cheesy (without any noise, smoke etc). Maybe from Gundabad?

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 11 2013, 10:36am

Post #8 of 18 (536 views)
Shortcut
Great spot ... "We can't give up now!" [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder who says that quote? It sounds like Bilbo [aiding the dwarves in barrels perhaps(?)], but there's something different about the voice ...

Still great 30 seconds!Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Oct 11 2013, 12:06pm

Post #9 of 18 (477 views)
Shortcut
Yay! The return of sassy Thrandy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the preview of DOS we got way back when that showed Thranduil lounging on his throne disdainfully regarding Thorin, the only Thrandy we've seen has been stereotypically elvish -- painfully elegant and cool. Though I've always felt that in the AUJ prologue showing his character leading a contingent to honor Thrain, he definitely had a look in his eyes that suggested less genuine homage, more "I'm only doing this because I have to. (Nice bling, BTW.)" I think I'm really going to enjoy Lee Pace's performance. Cool

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 12:08pm

Post #10 of 18 (444 views)
Shortcut
Thinking about it... [In reply to] Can't Post

... "preparing for war" also makes more sense in a way than "returned" (although returned can mean many things, of course).

Just thought of the WC scene and remembered that they seem to very well know that Sauron is not completely destroyed (after all, they know the Ring remained), just very weak.

But "returned" is not wrong, of course... after all, returning to the stage of "world politics" makes sense as well.

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 1:07pm

Post #11 of 18 (418 views)
Shortcut
Sweet!! [In reply to] Can't Post

New talking points sounded cool and it was nice to see a set date for when tickets go up for sale. I'm hoping they do a double feature with part one and then part 2.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 11 2013, 1:39pm

Post #12 of 18 (391 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

I think this version sounded less natural, more edited if you will.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 2:31pm

Post #13 of 18 (389 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil sounds excellent, as do Gandalf and BilboÖ Thorin just looks magnificent in this one. Wink

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 2:56pm

Post #14 of 18 (364 views)
Shortcut
i want Thorin's cloak pins [In reply to] Can't Post

Those cloak pins which look oh-so-dwarvish look like they could be handy weapons at need, too. Re Thorn, "There is no King under the mountain, nor will there ever be." Looks like a king to me even wet in a barrel, let alone wearing clothes that befit his station - take that, Legolas! (But I'm gonna miss that massive fur collar/leather duster swirling around Thorin as he lops off goblin heads....)

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 3:10pm

Post #15 of 18 (353 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo encouraging dwarves? [In reply to] Can't Post

Book vs. movie? "You can't give up now!" Wonder if this is for Thorin/dwarves despairing after getting nabbed by elves? RA has said in interview for Thorin it's his worse nightmare re the despised elves. Can't see it fitting any place else, for now.

Every little thing that trickles out just makes me want to see this movie more and more, definitely getting tickets as soon as they go on sale.

TwirlingThorin
Bree

Oct 11 2013, 6:38pm

Post #16 of 18 (318 views)
Shortcut
YouTube [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for posting!

Here is a YouTube link - http://www.youtube.com/...bObb1OOC8&sns=em

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Oct 12 2013, 1:00pm

Post #17 of 18 (149 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking that myself - it was high time I had something cool on my red cloak!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Sly

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Oct 12 2013, 1:07pm

Post #18 of 18 (160 views)
Shortcut
Saw it yesterday! Totally got excited!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone knows why!
  • Extended dialogue
  • Hot Majestic Thorin
  • Thrandui (aka, Majestic #2)
  • "We can't give up now!" ~ Bilbo's so sweet
  • Bard!
  • Of course, Smaug.
  • December 13th at the end - can't wait!!!

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

(This post was edited by FaramirAndEowynMorningStar on Oct 12 2013, 1:07pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.