Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
My answers

Old Pilgrim
Rivendell

Oct 10 2013, 6:01am

Views: 185
Shortcut
My answers [In reply to] Can't Post

1.) Any thoughts on the balancing and focus of this shot? There's three layers to this scene: 1. Faramir. 2. The close-quarters fight behind him. 3. The fleeing/cowering soldiers in the background. How does this benefit to the soul of the scene? Is it too much or too little or just right?

I really like this scene because it shows us in general what is happening in Osgiliath at that moment. We are not concentrated only on Faramir but also on other things, which may seem smaller but are very important. For example from fleeing soldiers we can guess that the battle is turning against them, orcs are everywhere and there are fights on every street. It is not too much or too little, but just right in my opinion.

2.) What do you read in David Wenham's performance here? Considering everything that's taking place around him, what specific emotions might we draw from his face?

He is certainly conserned but there is something else in his face. I might say a war spirit, his desire to kill any orc he meet on his path and will enjoy in doing so. Also he is in constant movement because of battle and is thinking where should he go next or what order should he give to his men. After all he is their commander at that moment and it is up to him to motivate his men or give them an order to retreat. Very big responsibility.

3.) Any other thoughts?

I believe this scene is one of those that tell us without any word just how grave situation at that time really is. Lost of Osgiliath was a terrible blow because Minas Tirith is now open to attack and hope is fading.

Subject User Time
SCOD - Faramir in action! One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Oct 9 2013, 12:12pm
    My answers Old Pilgrim Send a private message to Old Pilgrim Oct 10 2013, 6:01am
    Ooh, pretty! Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Oct 11 2013, 8:30pm
    What I see Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Oct 11 2013, 11:13pm
    "You can observe a lot by just watching." Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Oct 14 2013, 4:48pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.