Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Some great news! (Maybe)

RangerLady23
Lorien

Oct 8 2013, 5:05pm

Post #1 of 16 (667 views)
Shortcut
Some great news! (Maybe) Can't Post

So I called the theater here locally that showed the LotR marathon last year and get this: They said that they are probably planning on doing it again this year! Excited much? You bet!
I figured they would be showing them for each Hobbit release and it has been discussed here on the forums, but I guess now we know!
I personally can't wait! An early Christmas gift indeed!

Kim
Valinor

Oct 8 2013, 9:48pm

Post #2 of 16 (320 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw that last year the week before AUJ came out, will have to check to see if they're doing it again!

cats16
Valinor

Oct 8 2013, 10:19pm

Post #3 of 16 (323 views)
Shortcut
If you have... [In reply to] Can't Post

a Cinemark theater in your area, you should be taken care of. They're very good about doing marathons for franchise events, such as The Hunger Games ahead of Catching Fire, Thor and The Avengers ahead of Thor 2, and the first two Iron Man films (as well as The Avengers) ahead of Iron Man 3.

I can't speak for other chains, having not been to many other theaters not under Cinemark's umbrella. But these days it's a fairly common thing.

I'm really excited, too! The EE trilogy marathon last year was an amazing experience. The films hadn't looked that good since, well, the original release. There is really nothing like the big screen.

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 8 2013, 10:54pm

Post #4 of 16 (349 views)
Shortcut
Sweet!, [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope they do it again this year. I loved going last year and I hope it's on a weekend again.Cool

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 9 2013, 8:44pm

Post #5 of 16 (293 views)
Shortcut
Bomby also went last year about a week before TH AUJ [In reply to] Can't Post

So thanks for the Heads UP!

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Oct 10 2013, 4:43pm

Post #6 of 16 (226 views)
Shortcut
I wish they did that where I live. [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to see LOTR EE in theaters. I only saw ROTK in theaters unfortunately...too young (13 years old at the time)

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Elwen
Lorien

Oct 10 2013, 8:08pm

Post #7 of 16 (218 views)
Shortcut
They showed them here as well...I hope they do it again. [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen the films like that since Trilogy Tuesday back in 2003!

photo Desolation-of-Smaug2_zpsc1584ee1.jpg
Tauriel: So let me get this straight sir, this Elwen girl is back on something called TORn, and rather than just tell her to stop stalking you, you'd like me to show up in a movie I have no business being in as a ploy to distract her, and nevermind the wrath of countless Tolkien fans who will be calling for my destruction?

Legolas: That about sums it up. Besides, some people might like you. Oh, and to be on the safe side, can we pretend to be a couple too?

cats16
Valinor

Oct 11 2013, 1:15am

Post #8 of 16 (235 views)
Shortcut
If I go to the theater this weekend... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be sure to ask the staff if any word has been let out about a Trilogy marathon. I know I've already expressed my assurance about it happening (see above), but it wouldn't hurt for me to ask in person.

I'll respond to this thread if I hear anything. Smile

RangerLady23
Lorien

Oct 12 2013, 8:03pm

Post #9 of 16 (181 views)
Shortcut
Sounds good. [In reply to] Can't Post

I know the only theaters here in Colorado doing it are Regal so good luck to everyone! Wink

cats16
Valinor

Oct 12 2013, 8:33pm

Post #10 of 16 (230 views)
Shortcut
Oh, Regal... [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't know that that was the case there. Good luck to you, too.

Elskidor
Rohan

Oct 13 2013, 9:48pm

Post #11 of 16 (181 views)
Shortcut
I'd go [In reply to] Can't Post

If they played the EE for each...

Thranderz
Rohan

Oct 27 2013, 10:12am

Post #12 of 16 (108 views)
Shortcut
I really wish [In reply to] Can't Post

they did this in England! Frown

I simply walked into Mordor.

MrsSmeagol

Nov 18 2013, 11:39pm

Post #13 of 16 (102 views)
Shortcut
But They Did [In reply to] Can't Post

Happened here in York, at the City Screen (small-ish art-house cinema). Would have been around January 2004. One day only, I think and the cinema was packed. All fans in the audience and it was brilliant watching it with other people who laughed and cried in the same places as us... Booked mine straight away as soon as we saw it advertised, so we got our favourite seats. My favourite ever bit of cinema-going. Am hoping they do it for The Hobbit.Wink

Thranderz
Rohan

Nov 21 2013, 5:35pm

Post #14 of 16 (79 views)
Shortcut
Let me know [In reply to] Can't Post

if you hear about anything this year! I would be very grateful. Smile

MrsSmeagol

Dec 31 2013, 11:19pm

Post #15 of 16 (58 views)
Shortcut
I will [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely let you know if they do anything similar next year!

Thranderz
Rohan

Jan 2 2014, 5:23pm

Post #16 of 16 (64 views)
Shortcut
Much appreciated! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.