Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Amazon changing release date

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 8 2013, 2:50pm

Post #1 of 17 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Amazon changing release date Can't Post

This morning I received messages from Amazon stating the release dates for DOS Visual Companion and DOS Official Movie Guide has been changed. Now my estimated date of arrival is November 19! Frown
Anyone else get this message? And ideas why the delay?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 8 2013, 4:01pm

Post #2 of 17 (437 views)
Shortcut
A last minute change perhaps? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's curious though since amazon UK is still displaying both books as November 7 ...

If the date is changed, it could either be some minor changes to the book or a simple retailer delay - such as might be the case with the AUJ EE dvds coming out on November 11 rather than the previously announced date of November 4.

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 8 2013, 5:40pm

Post #3 of 17 (386 views)
Shortcut
All the books got changed [In reply to] Can't Post

except the book from Weta which doesn't come out until December.

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 8 2013, 6:38pm

Post #4 of 17 (319 views)
Shortcut
I didn't hear about the [In reply to] Can't Post

DVDs change in date! Frown Frown
Gee... I think I may get a little depressed here!!! I had my whole day planned out and now they go and muck it all up???!!!! Mad

I heard a rumor that one character was now moved from DOS to TABA... I wonder if that is why dates are changing?? I would think a large amount of books would have already been printed by now... It would be an expensive change??....Crazy

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 8 2013, 7:01pm

Post #5 of 17 (310 views)
Shortcut
I think it's highly unlikely that they'd change the content of the books... [In reply to] Can't Post

... at this stage, and if they did, two extra weeks would surely not buy them enough time to reprint, rebind and so on. This sounds more like a distribution problem - you might even find that they're covering themselves because they think there might be a delay, and in the event there won't be one. That just happened with John Howe's Draconis, ordered from Amazon.

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 8 2013, 7:09pm

Post #6 of 17 (324 views)
Shortcut
US Blu-Ray [In reply to] Can't Post

Is still set for Nov 5

Elskidor
Rohan

Oct 9 2013, 12:28am

Post #7 of 17 (218 views)
Shortcut
I was checking this out on Amazon too.. [In reply to] Can't Post

The date it gave me was Nov 5th I think. I really hope that it isn't pushed back, and if anything has an early release. BUT can anyone tell me if there will be significant difference in material from Blu Ray to DVD versions? I want ALL the extras, even if it means buying both copies. Other than that I really don't care if the film is in DVD or Blu-Ray visuals, as long as I get all the extra scenes, behind the movie stuff and commentaries.

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 9 2013, 12:41am

Post #8 of 17 (213 views)
Shortcut
Hoping for no delay as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm ready to watch the EE and expand my love for the Hobbit.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 9 2013, 3:04am

Post #9 of 17 (193 views)
Shortcut
But the AUJ EE digitial download date is still October 22nd? // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 9 2013, 6:27am

Post #10 of 17 (175 views)
Shortcut
But the UK version did [In reply to] Can't Post

push the date forward Tongue

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 9 2013, 10:21am

Post #11 of 17 (149 views)
Shortcut
It is odd [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe the delay is because of shipping issues to the UK.

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 9 2013, 6:17pm

Post #12 of 17 (105 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm probably [In reply to] Can't Post

it means an extra week of waiting ... ahhh! Crazy

Sorry ... Laugh

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 9 2013, 6:37pm

Post #13 of 17 (105 views)
Shortcut
It's all good [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't blame anyone for being bummed. I hate waiting.

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 9 2013, 7:00pm

Post #14 of 17 (98 views)
Shortcut
I don't know where the OP comes from.... [In reply to] Can't Post

But UK Amazon is still listing the release date for both books as 7 November.

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 9 2013, 7:29pm

Post #15 of 17 (92 views)
Shortcut
It's odd that [In reply to] Can't Post

on Amazon UK, the books have remained the same whilst Amazon US has moved them to a week or so later. As for the AUJ EE, the contrary has occured! Crazy

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 9 2013, 7:58pm

Post #16 of 17 (87 views)
Shortcut
Maybe with the books... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's something to do with the different publishers. UK editions are Harper Collins, US ones seem to be Mariner Books.

And perhaps the EE is them getting their own back! Tongue (In case anyone wonders, I'm not serious!)

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 9 2013, 9:23pm

Post #17 of 17 (94 views)
Shortcut
It looks like [In reply to] Can't Post

Just the books got pushed back. The US DVD EE are still on the 5th...so my plans haven't been mucked up!!! Smile
Of course now someone mentioned the digital download on October 22... Which I must look into and see how much I am going to pay for my impatienceCrazy
I am disappointed that the books have been pushed back.. I was hoping for some spoilers .....November 19 is right in the holidays rush timeframe here and I won't have much time for my guilty pleasure Frown
I guess I should be somewhat thankful it is the 19 and not the 25 because I will be out camping and know my books were on my doorstep would be painfulPirate

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.