Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
But, Dormouse –

Glorfindela
Grey Havens

Oct 8 2013, 11:20am

Views: 177
Shortcut
But, Dormouse – [In reply to] Can't Post

Have we not seen Bloom off-screen (of the film) in the Legolas costume, and isn't his face fairly 'normal' looking in those clips? To me, the look in the trailer is so unnatural that I think it must be achieved with CGI. Scary…

In Reply To
Well, OK, if you can show me that I'm wrong, I'll accept graciously, but I am deeply sceptical of how far the things that are blamed on CGI around here actually are down to CGI. Bilbo's face, I'm sure, is foundation.

It seems to me that trying to de-age someone digitally would be horrendously difficult and time-consuming, because the signs of age on a human face are subtle things which would change constantly with movement and light. Make-up, being a simpler and quicker option would surely be preferred.

Subject User Time
Legolas and Other Visual Oddities sousuke22 Send a private message to sousuke22 Oct 7 2013, 7:38pm
    Regarding... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 7 2013, 7:52pm
        I especially feel this way with old Bilbo (Ian) Misty Mountain Hop Send a private message to Misty Mountain Hop Oct 7 2013, 8:06pm
        I actually find Gandalf and Saruman in the movies looking older less worrisome than Legolas. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Oct 8 2013, 4:25am
    You are right Bernhardina Send a private message to Bernhardina Oct 7 2013, 7:52pm
        Good points. sousuke22 Send a private message to sousuke22 Oct 7 2013, 7:57pm
            I am not sure about the Woodland Realm yet... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 7 2013, 7:59pm
                Another scene sousuke22 Send a private message to sousuke22 Oct 7 2013, 8:01pm
                    I found those to be nicely done.... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 7 2013, 8:02pm
                The Woodland Realm HOBBIT style vs LOTR style Bernhardina Send a private message to Bernhardina Oct 7 2013, 8:27pm
                    I also like... Bernhardina Send a private message to Bernhardina Oct 7 2013, 8:29pm
                        Great picture of the White Council Old Pilgrim Send a private message to Old Pilgrim Oct 8 2013, 6:00am
                            Agreed with every word... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Oct 8 2013, 6:39am
    Still magic to me Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Oct 7 2013, 8:33pm
        Uncanny Valley sousuke22 Send a private message to sousuke22 Oct 7 2013, 9:24pm
        Still magic for me, too Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Oct 7 2013, 10:17pm
    Sets still look absolutely fine to me MatthewJer18 Send a private message to MatthewJer18 Oct 7 2013, 8:41pm
    Legolas looks terrifying duats Send a private message to duats Oct 7 2013, 10:28pm
        Agree Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Oct 8 2013, 12:43am
        Bit OTT sousuke22 Send a private message to sousuke22 Oct 8 2013, 2:03am
            I think a lot of the muttering about CGI on actors' faces here.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 8 2013, 7:39am
                Totally agree Fleuz Send a private message to Fleuz Oct 8 2013, 8:09am
                Hold your horses, dormouse! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Oct 8 2013, 8:35am
                    Love the idea of a dormouse holding a horse! dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 8 2013, 8:45am
                        Yes. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 8 2013, 8:55am
                        I think they would go with whatever works best on film imin Send a private message to imin Oct 8 2013, 8:59am
                        But, Dormouse – Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Oct 8 2013, 11:20am
                            Well, to be honest..... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 8 2013, 1:53pm
                                I very much agree with this when it comes to locations, for example Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Oct 8 2013, 2:04pm
                                    Fair enough. well, as I said, I can't see it... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 8 2013, 2:09pm
                                I think people just honestly see different things when looking at the exact same image. imin Send a private message to imin Oct 8 2013, 2:22pm
                                    And I spend a lot of time identifying old photographs.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 8 2013, 3:32pm
                                        Didn't mean to be seen as trumpet blowing myself imin Send a private message to imin Oct 8 2013, 4:31pm
                                            Spot the difference? Yes, that would be fun... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 8 2013, 5:49pm
                        Here's the relevant part DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Oct 8 2013, 3:56pm
                            Thanks Daniel.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 8 2013, 7:06pm
                                Whatever they did to Elrond, worked a treat. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Oct 8 2013, 8:11pm
                                    :) // dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 8 2013, 9:59pm
    My first thought was an indignant... Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Oct 8 2013, 7:48am
        Welcome sousuke22. And Roheryn, I largely agree. Noria Send a private message to Noria Oct 8 2013, 12:47pm
    There is may be a simpler way to compare... adnan Send a private message to adnan Oct 8 2013, 2:58pm
    Not so worried now Dragonrnbw Send a private message to Dragonrnbw Oct 8 2013, 6:34pm
        Changing Tune sousuke22 Send a private message to sousuke22 Oct 10 2013, 5:24am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.